Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A must win game against a team that will be relegated. Hope the boys don't take this game lightly after tha tough mental and physical matches on the road with Juve and Fiorentina. 3 points are crucial, especially with Fiorentina playing Juve in Torino.

Here is Spalletti's expected line-up:

(4-2-3-1)

-------------------Doni-----------------
Panucci------Mexes------Chivu-----Cufre'
---------De Rossi--------Aquilani---------
----Rosi---------Perrotta------Mancini---
-----------------Taddei-----------------

Bench: Tommasi, Dacourt, Bovo, Kuffour, Okaka, Kharja, Curci

Injured: Totti, Montella, Nonda, Alvarez

FORZA RAGAZZI!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Agree with the line-up and yes we must play with intensity as always. We cant take this lightly otherwise Lecce will do us, they are in some form, 2 wins in a row.

I predict 2-0 for us with goals from Mancini and Perrotta, but we will see. Forza Roma!

·
Registered
833 Posts
A total must win.
God it will hurt deep in my soul to cheer for a Juve win but it will pay off. Guys, this round will be the one we take Viola's 4th place.
And we'll get it for good!

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,169 Posts
I just hope we get a quick goal, then we have nothing to fear.I have trust in Spalleti and the team.
Forza Roma!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Please, please we can win this one! Philippe, Christian do not let me down, and can we please get someone to score? You know back of the net!!!! PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
From todays Romanista:
Perrotta has recovered, Nonda will be on the bench.

And if Lecce goes down, Vucinic will be cheaper so it´s another fine reason to take the 3 points =)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Panucci: It's now or never Friday 7 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Panucci claims the next three games in Serie A and the Coppa Italia will decide whether Roma’s season has been a miraculous one.

“After these three matches with Lecce and Palermo, we’ll know if we are still in the running for fourth place in the League and for our second consecutive Coppa Italia Final,” explained the defender.

The calendar has thrown up a curious coincidence, as Roma and Palermo will meet twice in the same week for the Coppa Italia semi-final and Week 34 tie.

The Giallorossi will need a victory to overturn their 2-1 first leg defeat in Sicily, while the pressure is on in Serie A to close up on Fiorentina in that fourth Champions League spot.

“The Viola may have the lead, but at the moment we are probably on better form than they are,” added Panucci.

“If we are able to achieve these objectives, it would be a truly exceptional campaign, especially considering all the problems we’ve had to deal with.”

Roma have struggled with an epic injury crisis that ruled out all of their strikers, including Francesco Totti, but they must maintain their run of positive results against Lecce at the Olimpico on Sunday.

“Lecce are one of the toughest opponents we could pick right now, because they are taking the last throw of the dice when it comes to avoiding relegation. We will have to step on to the field with a knife between our teeth and be ready for battle.”

The Salentini have already shown what they are capable of with last week’s shock 1-0 victory over Milan.

channel4

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
It's the biggest cliche in the game, but in this case just couldn't be more true: every game is a final from here on in. And you can bet that's precisely what Spalletti and Prandelli will have been drubbing into their players every single day - difference being, IMO, that we have a lot more quality in our starting XI and game plan than Fio do. I'd really love for us to ahnilate Lecce by some ridiculous scoreline, just lay the gauntlet down for Fio later on, make them stain their tighty-whities a little.

Gonna be strange rooting for dark side tommorow. :googly:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Forza Roma, and may juve-merda beat Fio tomorrow, please please please! :hopefull:

We have the oppourtunity to go past Fio with a 2 points lead.. :finger:

Pleased to see Shaba Nonda on the bench, out first striker in months! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
1 Curci Gianluca
2 Panucci Christian
3 Bovo Cesare
4 Kuffour Samuel Osei
5 Mexes Philippe
8 Aquilani Alberto
11 Taddei Ferrante Rodrigo
13 Chivu Cristian Eugen
14 Kharja Houssine
15 Dacourt Olivier
16 De Rossi Daniele
17 Tommasi Damiano
20 Perrotta Simone
25 Cufre Leandro Damian
28 Rosi Aleandro
29 Greco Leandro
30 Amantino Faioli Alessandro (mancini)
32 Marangon Donieber Alexander „doni“
35 Okaka Chuka Stefano
40 Nonda Shabani

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Vucinic eyes Lecce record Sunday 9 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirko Vucinic has been repeatedly linked to Roma and could match Lecce’s club record against his future teammates this afternoon.

The striker is just one shy of Javier Ernesto Chevanton’s all-time best of 30 top flight goals for the Salentini.

“I would like to score a goal here, but not for the record, just so I could bring home an important result for the team,” insisted the Serbia and Montenegro international.

“We’ll be facing a Roma outfit that is certainly the form side in Italy at the moment. We’re also dong well and will therefore try to play open football and shake off the pressure, just like the Coach asked us to. That’s what we did against Siena and Milan, so it worked wonders.”

Vucinic has never actually scored at the Stadio Olimpico, but could be doing so quite a lot next season, if reports of his move to the Giallorossi are to be believed.

“I wasn’t 100 per cent fit at the start of the campaign and that hit my performance, but I’m back on form now and the rest follows from that. I think I have always played with the same spirit, though.”

Coach Franco Paleari knows Roma boss Luciano Spalletti well and is hoping to unlock his system in the capital.

“Spalletti is very organised and leaves nothing to chance. I know this because we were in the same course for our Coaching certificate. He has grit and brings that to his squad. All we can do is continue along the path we started with the win over Siena and another positive result would make our hard work count, while a negative risks ruining everything. We must let the performance speak for us.”

channel4

-------------------------------------

Spalletti fears Lecce revival Saturday 8 April, 2006

Lecce have already beaten Milan and Luciano Spalletti warns they could repeat the shock twist with Roma at the Olimpico.

“This is the worst opponent we could’ve chosen at this stage of the campaign,” sighed the Coach. “There are so many risks against a side that is simply desperate to avoid the drop.”

There is another school of thought suggesting that the Giallorossi have the upper hand in the race for that final Champions League spot this weekend, as Fiorentina face a tricky trip to leaders Juventus.

“This won’t be the round in which it’s decided,” insisted Spalletti. “All we can count on is maintaining a consistent run of results, but even that might not be enough, as Fiorentina have one more point at this stage, so we’re not on an even footing.”

Lecce seem to have turned a corner in recent weeks with two wins on the trot against Siena and second-placed Milan.

It’ll be fairly miraculous if they do escape relegation, as they’re still eight points adrift of the safety zone, but that certainly won’t stop them trying.

“We would never underestimate Lecce, as we’ve shown this season that just isn’t our style. My lads are aware that this is a difficult test, that is the truth of the matter.”

This encounter will also spark further transfer gossip about the future of the club, as Roma have been repeatedly linked with a swoop for Mirko Vucinic.

“He is a good striker, like many in Serie A,” pointed out Spalletti when asked about the Serbia and Montenegro international. “Over the years I have been able to appreciate his quality. We must be wary, as he is a dangerous opponent.”

Shabani Nonda is back in the squad for the first time since he underwent surgery, but Simone Perrotta and Daniele De Rossi are both fighting injury problems.

“Perrotta hasn’t trained for a few days, but the situation is under control. I’m sure that won’t affect his performance.”

The former Udinese Coach concluded with a sideswipe at the agents currently swarming around the Press looking to pressurise Roma into giving their players new deals, with a special wag of the finger at goalkeeper Alexander Doni’s representative.

“Doni knows what we have given him here at Roma. It’s clear for all to see what a great opportunity this has been. I am surprised by the actions of his agent, as in my career it’s the first time I’ve seen a manager who tells the club his intentions through radio stations and newspapers.”

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The picture is really crap on mine, can anyone tell me how to make it better? basically all the players fade out and stuf..

1 - 20 of 69 Posts