Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it, folks; the big one, the tie that will make or break our season, the one that we've all been waiting for. Our depleted Roman army will travel to a hostile Florence, to face a rejuvenated Fio side, led by our old friend(nemesis to many), Prandelli, and the prolific Luca Toni - currently a massive five goals ahead of any other single player in Serie A and, i believe, currently leading the chase for the Golden Boot award.

Their humbling at the hands of Milan aside, they've actually looked kinda rocky whenever i've seen them lately, and yet somehow pull the result out of the fire time and again, most notably against Siena and their impressive 4-2 against Parma, after initially going down two goals early in the game. Their attack is terrifying, Toni and Bojinov/Pazzini upfront with Jorgensen supplying the ammunition... it would most certainly have me believing that a result here was something of an impossibility were our defence not so rock solid. Conversely, their midfield is just above mediocre, and should Lobont be starting in goal again, then i think we have definite cause for optimism.

The obvious ones aside, Alvarez is the only notable absence. Gazzetta predicts Rosi in his place.

32 Doni
2 Panucci
4 Kuffour
5 Mexes
25 Cufré
15 Dacourt
8 Aquilani
28 Rosi
20 Perrotta
30 Mancini
11 Taddei

A disposizione
1 Curci
3 Bovo
29 Greco
14 Kharja
17 Tommasi
37 Giacomini
35 Okaka

I'd rather see Okaka play to be honest, with Taddei moving back to midfield. I want Mexes on Toni like a rabbit in heat.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,169 Posts
No Nonda ? Not even on the Bench?:(
What's with chivu?Is there no way that he will be available?
Denis I like your idea of starting Okaka.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Toni struggles with big physical defenders. Mexes on current form should contain him well, IMO.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Toni struggles with big physical defenders. Mexes on current form should contain him well, IMO.
haha because Mexes is big and physical?
they'd be better off playing Kuffour on him

but Toni isnt all u have to worry about...sure concentrate on him and Boji will tear you a new one

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Il Romanista have Chivu back for the game and De Rossi as doubtfull. I´d also like to see Okaka start. Taddei has looked tired and out of place. I wouldn´t mind us play like this:
------------Doni
Panucci-Chivu-Mexes-Bovo
----Aquilani-Dacourt
Mancini-Perrotta-Taddei
--------Okaka

And we should shoot alot as theri goalie seem to be a real joke, some people complain about Doni, but you should see this clown. Forza Bovo! Fire som missiles!

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Marvelous intro (and avatar), Denis. This match is the BIG ONE.
Don't really care who plays, for as this club has shown us time and again this season, as long as our hearts are in it, we can win it. :thumbsup: I expect that we will be VERY prepared on Sunday. I know that Spalletti will take pride in beating Prandelli in Florence.
ROMAN PASSION :heart:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Im not sure, maybe like Gazzetta, I would start Rosi and bring Okaka in for the last 30-40 mins like which has normally happened lately. We have a massive injury crisis at such a delicate time of the season and yet we still have the belief to win this. It is such an amazing turn around this year.

Fiorentina are dangerous in attack, but we can expose them and take as many shots at Lobont as possible because he is dodgy.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I too agree with the idea of starting Okaka. He has impressed me a lot against juve and he seems to improve the more minutes he plays and confidence he gains. Plus Fio defence is crap and we should take full advantage of it by using a real striker.

Another thought is about Aquillani. I'm sure some of you think he plays good in the last games but I really was not impressed by him particularly against Juve.
On the their hand, Kharja was brilliant lately. Against Palermo and Juve he showed that he is ready to be a starter.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Spalletti will use Okaka as sub personally anyway. I think Spalletti likes the idea of starting with a more solid outlook and a team which can break quickly, then when needed we can enter a giant 16 year old for the final 35 mins to rough up the defenders. If we manage to get another striker fit for the bench maybe Okaka will start.

I really hope Bovo plays somehwere because his shots can cause their GK problems. Kharja and Aquilani should also start in the middle I would agree.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
With Fiorentina's away game against us the week after this, I think they'll be desperate for a win in this game if they wan't to keep hold of their 4th spot. A draw would be a good result for you with a big chance of going past them the week after.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Denis said:
32 Doni
2 Panucci
4 Kuffour
5 Mexes
25 Cufré
15 Dacourt
8 Aquilani
28 Rosi
20 Perrotta
30 Mancini
11 Taddei

A disposizione
1 Curci
3 Bovo
29 Greco
14 Kharja
17 Tommasi
37 Giacomini
35 Okaka
it's simply unbelievable how many players we're missing.
we're haunted... :sigh: :cry:

ain't confident at all for this game.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
il_principe said:
it's simply unbelievable how many players we're missing.
we're haunted... :sigh: :cry:

ain't confident at all for this game.
Agreed. :sigh:

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Rosa said:
I wouldn't be, but we had the same situation for the juve game and managed to get a draw (which flattered them)
True, but Fiorentina really need this game where as Juve basically have the title won and were thinking ahead to the CL.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Demandred said:
Chivu and De Rossi are expected to be back for this game, aren't they? That makes the picture makes much brighter for us.
Chivu is expected to return, but De Rossi is doubtful and likely out for another week.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Thotobald said:
Eh, yes? Mexes ate Toni alive at Olimpico. He's not exactly tiny you know. 187 cm.

Florentia Viola, how I hate that club. :yuck:
he's a pretty boy, but you wouldnt understand that would ya (insult deleted by R10)

Fortitudo, Alba, JUVENTUS Roma..ohh how i hate that club

1 - 20 of 219 Posts