SPL Kilmarnock 1-0 Dunfermline
SPL Dunfermline 1-1 Dundee Utd
SPL Dunfermline 1-8 Celtic
SPL Livingston 0-1 Dunfermline
SPL Dunfermline 2-2 Inverness
SPL Dunfermline 1-1 Motherwell
CIS Dunfermline 1-0 Livingston
SPL Hibernian 3-1 Dunfermline

Dunfermline are crap and looking to scrape points where they can for SPL survival. I don't think they are any better than a First division side but luckily for them Livi are in the league- they are not even as good as a first division side. Dunfermline for me are the reason why two teams should be relegated from the SPL to give two first division sides a crack at it.

Against the top 5 or 6 sides they have struggled this season. Along with Rangers they are the only side to beat Celtic in the league this year. Comapred to the other results against the current league leaders though this can now be viewed as a fluke.

Recently they have been going much better. Taking the two meeting against Celtic out of the equation they have been averaging a goal a game and conceding my the same ratio. That should be enough to keep them up this season and maybe even see them finish in 10th above Falkirk.

RANGERS

Eck, manager
Last Ten
Code:
[u][b]FORM: W  D  L  F  A[/b][/u]
      [B][COLOR=Green]4[/COLOR]  3  [COLOR=Red]3[/COLOR]  15 12[/B]
SPL Hearts 1-1 Rangers
SPL Rangers 4-0 Kilmarnock
UCL Villarreal 1-1 Rangers
SPL Falkirk 1-2 Rangers
UCL Rangers 2-2 Villarreal
SPL Rangers 2-0 Hibernian
SPL Rangers 0-1 Celtic
SPL Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers
SCP Rangers 0-3 Hibernian
SPL Inveness 2-3 Rangers

Rangers appear to be going through the motions at the moment even though a Champions League spot is still up for grabs. They need to win as many games as possible but still are not performing in the same way that got them very close to the last 8 in the Champions League.

No idea how Eck will line up. Why is Stevie Smith not getting a game?. Anywhere here is the time I think he'll play but he may even try to put Ricksen back in at the expense of Hutton.

Code:
                         [img]http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/3024/waterp7tk.jpg[/img]
                         [COLOR=Blue][B]The Mullet[/B][/COLOR]

[img]http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6265/huttonp6fn.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/6138/kyrgiakosp7ay.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6285/jrodp8sm.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3681/murrayp3tc.jpg[/img]
[COLOR=Blue][B]Hutton[/B][/COLOR]          [COLOR=Blue][B]Soti[/B][/COLOR]             [COLOR=Blue][B]J-Rod[/B][/COLOR]           [COLOR=Blue][B]Murray[/B][/COLOR]

[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/881/fergusonp7pc.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7348/hemdanip0xb.jpg[/img]  
                [COLOR=Blue][B]Bazza[/B][/COLOR]            [COLOR=Blue][B]Hemdani[/B][/COLOR]        

[img]http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/6286/burkep2hk.jpg[/img]           [img]http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/4580/buffelp3eq.jpg[/img]        [img]http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/6866/prsop3ib.jpg[/img]
[COLOR=Blue][B]Burkey[/B][/COLOR]                   [COLOR=Blue][B]Tam[/B][/COLOR]                    [COLOR=Blue][B]Dado[/B][/COLOR] 

[img]http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/8986/krisboyd0lh.jpg[/img]   
                          [COLOR=Blue][B]Boyd[/B][/COLOR]
Head to Head- This season

Rangers should not only be winning this game but winning it convincingly. Anything less than a win by 2 or 3 goals would be bad. The pars have had a couple of one-off wins against us in the past and have already taken points off us this season. That should be the last though this term.

2005/06 SPL
Rangers 5-1 Dunfermline
Buffel 15, Prso 38,Hunt 54, Nieto 71, Lovenkrands 75, McCormack 86

2005/06 SPL
Dunfermline 3-3 Rangers
Tod 16, Lovenkrands 22,Burchill 23, Lovenkrands 65, Burke 67, Young 90 (pen)

SPL Matchday 31 Fixtures

Wednesday 22 March 2006

Celtic 2-1 Inverness

Saturday 25 March 2006

Aberdeen v Motherwell
Dundee Utd v Kilmarnock
Falkirk v Hearts
Hibernian v Inverness

Sunday 26 March 2006

Livingston v Celtic

Current SPL Table

Code:
[b]                      [u]P  W  D  L   F   A   GD  Pts [/u]
01.Celtic             30 24 04 02  81 30   51  76  
02.Hearts             30 17 08 05  58 25   33  59  
03.[color=blue]Rangers            30 15 08 07  53 33   20  53[/color] 
04.Kilmarnock         30 14 08 08  55 48   07  50 
05.Hibs               30 15 04 11  54 41   13  49  
06.Aberdeen           30 10 11 09  34 33   01  41  
07.Inverness          30 09 13 08  42 35   07  40 
08.Motherwell         30 11 07 12  46 51  -05  40 
09.Dundee U           30 07 10 13  36 51  -15  31  
10.Dunfermline        30 05 07 18  25 57  -32  22 
11.Falkirk            30 05 06 19  30 56  -30  21  
12.Livingston         30 02 06 24  17 67  -50  12   
[/b]
Current SPL Top Scorers

Code:
[u][b]Pos Name              Club       Goals [/b][/u]
1.  [b][color=blue]Kris Boyd         Rangers[/color][/b]    [b][color=olive]22[/color][/b]
2.  [b][color=darkred]Rudi Skacel       Hearts[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]16[/color][/b]
3.  [b][color=green]John Hartson      Celtic[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]15[/color][/b]
4.  [b][color=blue]Peter Lovenkrands Rangers[/color][/b]    [b][color=olive]14[/color][/b]
=   [b][color=lime]Derek Riordan     Hibs[/color][/b]       [b][color=olive]14[/color][/b]
6.  Craig Dargo       Inverness  [b][color=olive]13[/color][/b] 
=   [b][color=green]Maciej Zurawski   Celtic[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]13[/color][/b]
8.  [b][color=lime]Garry O'Connor    Hibs[/color][/b]       [b][color=olive]11[/color][/b]
=   [color=black]Scott McDonald    Motherwell[/color] [b][color=olive]11[/color][/b]
=   [b][color=green]Shaun Maloney     Celtic[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]11[/color][/b]

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I was having a look at the fixtures today and reckon we have to get 9 points out of 9 in our next 3 games. The 3 games are this one, Dundee United at Tannadice, and Motherwell at Ibrox. Obviously all the players can afford to think about is the next match though.

I watched the first half of that game yesterday and Dunfermline looked really bad. Hopefully we can get the 3 points comfortably with the game wrapped up by half-time. It would be nice for us to coast to victory for a change with a lot of hard games coming up.

As for team selection, if it was away from home i'm pretty certain Lovenkrands would start, but since it's Ibrox I think your line-up will probably be correct. As for Stevie Smith, i've been thinking the same thing. I heard he had a virus a few weeks ago, but i'd have thought it would be cleared up by now. Nothing against Ian Murray, but i'd just prefer Smith in that position.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Can't see anything other than a comfortable Rangers win unfortunatly! :depress:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We definitely need 9 points from the next 3 games without a doubt. Although we have beaten the Arabs in the league this season that game at Tannadice is going to be a difficult one given our record against them. It doesn't help that they have been struggling of late and Brewster is demanding things change.

The race for 6th place is interesting too with Aberdeen, Inverness and Motherwell all only seperated by a point. Of those 3 I'm hoping it's Motherwell that get 6th but I can't see it. In recent years we have a better average against them than the other two. I don't want Aberdeen again. We played them 3 times at Pittodrie last season in the league (and once there in the CIS cup). It's a bit ridiculour that we play then 5 times last season and 4 times were on their own patch. Now this season we've played them 3 times and 2 of those have been in Aberdeen. I would not put it past the SPL to make us go there again.

After the split we will have player 17 homes games and 16 away games. It would therefore be tough to catch up if we are trailing as we have more games away from home. By rights our fixtures should include: Celtic (Away), Hibs (Away), Hearts (Home), Kilmarnock (Away) and Aberdeen/Inverness/Motherwell (Home). Motherwell we'll already have played twice at home, Aberdeen twice away and Inverness twice away so as long as it's not Motherwell who finish 6th it will even itself out.

While we concentrate on our fight with Hearts we also need to remember something else. Although chasing that second champions league spot should be our goal we must not forget that there are two clubs also breathing down our neck. It is still well within their grasp to not only beat us but Hearts to second spot. It is a very tight race. Hibs are only 4 points behind us and Killie are only 3 points behind us. A strange set of results at the weekend could end with Hearts still having a 6 point advantage but to Rangers and Killie with a 7 point advantage to Hibs- however unlikely.

The run in to the split looks like this for the 4 clubs involved:

Hearts- Falkirk (AWAY), Celtic (AWAY) and Dunfermline (HOME)
Rangers- Dunferline (HOME), Dundee U (AWAY) and Motherwell (HOME)
Kilmarnock- Dundee U (AWAY), Hibs (AWAY), Celtic (HOME)
Hibernian- Inverness (HOME), Kilmarnock (HOME) and Aberdeen (AWAY)

Killie definitely have the hardest run. For all 4 clubs you can see at least one game they will slip up in. It will make for a very exiting set of fixtures after the split.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
It's 9 points minimum from those games, for me. Two of them at home as well.

No excuses. If we ain't good enough to beat all those teams, we simply don't deserve it (and quite honestly under McLeish this year, I have my doubts about whether we do).

·
Registered
281 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
We definitely need 9 points from the next 3 games without a doubt. Although we have beaten the Arabs in the league this season that game at Tannadice is going to be a difficult one given our record against them. It doesn't help that they have been struggling of late and Brewster is demanding things change.

The race for 6th place is interesting too with Aberdeen, Inverness and Motherwell all only seperated by a point. Of those 3 I'm hoping it's Motherwell that get 6th but I can't see it. In recent years we have a better average against them than the other two. I don't want Aberdeen again. We played them 3 times at Pittodrie last season in the league (and once there in the CIS cup). It's a bit ridiculour that we play then 5 times last season and 4 times were on their own patch. Now this season we've played them 3 times and 2 of those have been in Aberdeen. I would not put it past the SPL to make us go there again.

After the split we will have player 17 homes games and 16 away games. It would therefore be tough to catch up if we are trailing as we have more games away from home. By rights our fixtures should include: Celtic (Away), Hibs (Away), Hearts (Home), Kilmarnock (Away) and Aberdeen/Inverness/Motherwell (Home). Motherwell we'll already have played twice at home, Aberdeen twice away and Inverness twice away so as long as it's not Motherwell who finish 6th it will even itself out.

While we concentrate on our fight with Hearts we also need to remember something else. Although chasing that second champions league spot should be our goal we must not forget that there are two clubs also breathing down our neck. It is still well within their grasp to not only beat us but Hearts to second spot. It is a very tight race. Hibs are only 4 points behind us and Killie are only 3 points behind us. A strange set of results at the weekend could end with Hearts still having a 6 point advantage but to Rangers and Killie with a 7 point advantage to Hibs- however unlikely.

The run in to the split looks like this for the 4 clubs involved:

Hearts- Falkirk (AWAY), Celtic (AWAY) and Dunfermline (HOME)
Rangers- Dunferline (HOME), Dundee U (AWAY) and Motherwell (HOME)
Kilmarnock- Dundee U (AWAY), Hibs (AWAY), Celtic (HOME)
Hibernian- Inverness (HOME), Kilmarnock (HOME) and Aberdeen (AWAY)

Killie definitely have the hardest run. For all 4 clubs you can see at least one game they will slip up in. It will make for a very exiting set of fixtures after the split.
I can see this being the results from those games -

HEARTS - Falkirk(A) Win, Celtic(A) Lose, Dunfermline(H) Win
RANGERS - Dunfermline(H) Win, Dundee Utd(A) Win, Motherwell(H) Win
KILMARNOCK - Dundee Utd(A) Draw, Hibs(A) Lose, Celtic(H) Lose
HIBERNIAN - Inverness CT(H) Win, Kilmarnock(H) Win, Aberdeen(A) Draw

That would leave the league like this with the five split games left -

P PTS
Hearts 33 65
Rangers 33 62
Hibs 33 56
Killie 33 51

Would certainly make the last five games interesting! :eekani:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We always have that X factor of Romanov. It now should be very interesting to see what happens with the Hearts results. We could end up getting 2nd place by default if it all goes tits up Gorgie way.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
James de Bear said:
Every game is a must win and the only thing that's still in our favour is that Hearts still have Celtic to play before the split. The bad thing is there is no garentee the Tic's will win and I fear if the Jambo's get a shock result we're screwed before the split.
That's the thing about Celtic. After the split they'll have the league officially won. They won't be bothered that much if they drop some points in the run-in except for the match against us of course. It's inevitable they'll take their foot of the gas to some extent, and i'm sure they'd quite like to see us finish 3rd. I'm not saying they'll lie down to Hearts, but i'm sure I won't be the last to think of the possibility.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there not a bit of history there though between those two. Last season I remember alot of irate Celtic fans going on about the game they played Hearts near the end of the season. Hearts had nothing to play for and Gordon went up at the end for a corner to Hearts and some Celtic fans were querying why he would do that.

A few seasons back I'm sure Celtic put out an understrength team against someone at the end of the season. I think, looking through the old tables and results, it was 2000/01 on the last day of the season away to Kilmarnock. Killie won 1-0 which cost Hearts 4th place and ultimately a European place.

Personally I think Strachan will demand that they win the game against Hearts on their own patch. The problem is though that with the league already won the players definitely won't be giving the same as they would were they still chasing the league. Unfortunately that cannot be said of the derby game- although hopfully we will be giving more than we have in the last 3 of those.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
even if celtic don't lay down they are not going to approach the post-split game at 100% (its only natural to an extent if the season is already over) and if the two teams are relatively matched (ie not Barcelona v Brechin City) then the team going all out for the win is much more likely to triumph over the one taking the match more lightly for whatever reason. Celtic didnt approach the match against Clyde in the proper manner, thinking it would be a walkover, and they were horsed...so Hearts can do much more damage.

leaving aside the rivalry aspect of things, it's not in celtics business interest at all for us to get the CL place. if we get it and make it through the qualification round then we will get about a minimum of £6 million - money PLG could spend very wisely and put celtic in serious trouble if they dont keep up. If Hearts get the CL spot, then not only will we be without the CL money but Hearts are unlikely to make it into the group stages (they will be unseeded in the draw) so that means celtic will get the whole of the CL pot and not have to split it with another Scottish team. It's a terrible state of affairs for us to be and i still cant get over how easy we have made it for everyone this season, it's been a free shot at the title for celtic and the same for hearts for the 2nd place. Even Killie are still pushing hard hard for the 3rd place!

Of course all we can do at the moment is win all our remaining games until the end of the season, if we do that and miss out on 2nd place then i'll be majorly disappointed but at least we will have given the run in a decent shot so wont be totally pissed off.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
If we're not playing CL football next season it'll be our own fault first and foremost. Unless it's blatantly obvious that Celtic are lying down to someone then I won't have any complaints. They'll have earned the right to take things a bit easier. Another way of looking at it is that if we're not playing CL football next season then we'll be more focused on the SPL. I doubt Celtic will be thinking about that though.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Klos is in goals because Waterreus is ill. Let's hope he has a good (but quiet) game.

Code:
                         Klos
Hutton                                       Smith
              Rodriguez        Kyrgiakos

Burke       Ferguson        Hemdani   Prso

Buffel
              Boyd

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
0-0 at half-time.

It's been all Rangers, but we've missed too many chances as usual. We'll need to score within the first 20 mins of the 2nd half or things will get nervous.

On the plus side, Falkirk just equalised against Hearts, but i'd still expect Hearts to get the 3 points.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
What a boring game no make that the worst game I've seen in ages. No wonder there were only 42 Pars fans and no I'm not making that up it was an all time low at Ibrox for an away support so I'm told.

Dunfermline are a really bad side this season and we struggled big time against them at Ibrox. We had nothing and they knew it and Eck only relised he had subs sitting beside him well after 60 mins.

Good job this idiot is getting the chop as I can't put up with this pish. No entertainment no real football no nothing. I waste of a Saturday ffs

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
we were dire but Dunfermline were so poor that we should still have taken about 5 goals off them.

Boyd was awful
Prso and Burke did one or two good things between but many more terrible things.
Ferguson should get his OP. He's not adding much to the team at the moment and we need him fit and ready for the next season so it should be a no-brainer.
Stevie Smith looked good going forward. Lovenkrands should have started or at the very least on at half time.

I think there was only one time that one of our players managed to get in front of the Pars defender to attack the ball at a cross and that was Soti when he scored.....what were the forwards playing at?

Great save by Klos in injury time to save the points :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Bloody $hit is my summary of it.

A struggling 1-0 against this awful Dunfermline side whom Celtic were able to thrash 8-1.

Can't be bothered going into a detailed rant about what we've become under McLeish, but as per my compadre James up there, thank feck he is for the chop sooner rather than later.

And this easy ride he's getting from all and sundry - lack of resources, Monaco job etc - is a disgrace. The guy is an incompetent. End of story.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts