Xtratime Community banner

Matchday 29: Sivasspor Vs Besiktas

2K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  Zico 10 
#1 ·
This weekend BJK is playing against Sivas in Sivas. Much like the game in first half Besiktas is in a state of "mild" crisis. (when are we not? :mute:) Besiktas coming off Fenerbahce loss should be looking to bounce back up against Sivas.

Things to note:
Serdar Ozkan(suspended yellows) and Delgado (injured) aren't available. So AliTandogan and Tello are expected play instead of them respectively. And their original position are expected to be filled with IbrahimKas and Aydin. There were some talks of Serdar Kurtulus being available but I doubt it, maybe as a benchwarmer.

-------------Rustu---------------
IboK-----GokhanZ----IboT----IboU
AliT-----Cisse-----Tello-----Aydin
-----Holosko-----Nobre---------

Critical performances:
Cisse - Looked very weak last week will he be physically fit?
Aydin - First time as a starter on the LW.

Besiktas Last 5 games: WWWLL
Sivas Last 5 games: WWDWW

I really don't like Sivas's style of play...boring. They like a play counter-attack footballs :googly:. Also They don't need the win as much as us I expect them to not play risky. So I predict a 0-1 win on our part.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't see us winning this game. In my opinion it has draw written all over it.

Our team just like BJK teams of the recent past do not handle pressure very well. In game they give up very easily, I get so disgusted when after conceding a goal late in the agme they just stop playing, this has happend many times this season including the last game vs Fener.

If our squad can't seem to handle the pressure and downs during a game I can't possibly see them handling it in the bigger picture. We've lost two straight and one more loss here would bury us. Our players are most likely going to wilt under the pressure. The only way I see us winning this game is if Sivas is complete crap tomorrow.

If we do lose I can take consulation in the fact we lost to Sivas. I really wanna see this team finish high on the table.

#5 ·
I disagree on the point that the squad cannot handle the pressure. There are players who can handle it, but there are as many who cannot and that's the individual's problem.

Serdar Özkan isn't a player who can hold the midfield against Süperlig's bottom team. I.Üzulmez and Baki, they are so technically flawed, why the surprise if they messed up against Fener? Cisse wasn't physically ready. Tello, I don't think his problem is limited to big matches.

The team's shape is slightly better against Sivas. But there are obvious weak spots that Sivas could exploit. I think we can see some of BJK players' real characters in the match.

#6 ·
First half over. We are up 2-0, thanks to Holosko. First goal Aydin puts the ball in the box and Holosko comes in between 2 sleeping Sivas defenders and scores. Second goal Nobre flicks the ball with his head that Rustu had put in the game. Holosko makes a good run and puts the balls past Petkovic.

Both teams are pretty weak in midfield, we can pretty much say it's non existent. Sivas is on the attack, let's see if they can get one on the board on 2nd half.

#8 ·
Players started the match sensing the direction the referee committee would be taking.
BJK weren't the favored side. Simple. Players needed to stay calm and put in clean goals.

Gordon started instead of pain-struck G.Zan and he and I.Kas battled against Sivas like margarine. Not a chance BJK could keep the lead - but for Sivas' sloppy finishes.

Aydin did well. He should find more starting roles. I.Kas was rusty - will do better next time, hopefully. Same cannot be said of M.Sedef. Right-side may not be his position, but he's as risky as M.Yozgatli to play in. Cisse, he even looks like Mascherano.
Serdar K. played for the last 2+5 minutes (no idea where +5 came from). Gordon, I should say he conceded only one goal and praise him for that. We knew as soon as I.Toraman left the stopper role, it would be coming.

#10 ·
Korkuyolardir, belki lider falan oluruz diye... :howler:

Anadolu kuluplerini koruyacaklar ya, gucleri anca bize yetiyor serefsizler... :ass:

#11 ·
Besiktas players were a bit aggressive and as always it's the usual suspects, why does Ibrahim Toraman always hump the opposing keeper at every corner?? He's always up the keepers ass and gets aay with it. He's becoming a very easy player to hate with his constant temper tantrums and cheating plays like that. Holosko was the best out there today, Besiktas won deservedly.

#16 ·
Watching the games of Fener and Gala this week, i only have one thing to say. Besiktas`li olmaktan gurur duyuyorum... :proud:

#20 ·
Evet, bazilari serefli olmayi gerizekalilik zanneder. :smileani:

#21 ·
Are you really so naive to think that Besiktas is an innocent victim of dealings by Fenerbahce and Galatasaray? Do you really think that Besiktas isn't as involved in the corruption of Turkish football as are the other bigs?

If you are really such an honourable club, why don't you delete the two titles you won in the semi-pro league from your professional count?

#23 ·
Check how many times BJK has won the championship compared to GS and Fener :smileani: I am proud of that. If we were so good at cheating, we would have won 5-6 championships the last 15 years instead of 1.

Bu isler böyledir iste, alavere dalavere kazanirsin ama, yuzunede vururlar. Ozaman kizmayacaksin...

Those two titles was won fair and square, not like the games of today and yesterday....

#22 ·
With 5 matches to go:
1. FB 66pts.
2. GS 64 _ _ _ _ _ _ CL
3. Sivas 61 (+25) _ _ _ UEFA
4. BJK 61 (+17)

BJK still can finish second by winning all (else, forget about Europe!) and with GS taking care of Sivas (very possible) and being taken care of by FB. There's no chance of FB losing the 6-pt lead over BJK (FB > BJK on H2H) with the current form.
Though I feel it's FB-GS in CL written all over and the refs are not going to get distracted.:neutral:

#24 ·
FB will meet TS and GS. GS will meet FB and Sivas. BJK have and easy fixture. But ofcourse with refs like this... :rollani:

#27 ·
I don't like to think of this as anything organized. But we are very unlucky in terms of refs this season. Because we need both GS and FB to drop points (which should have happened this week). It becomes more and more critical every decision the refs make.

I didnt watch the GS game, but the FB game's ref was brutal with his calls (for both sides) and the fans and players started pressuring him. By the end of the game he gives a bs penalty to save his ass. The goal was offside but that can be taken as an honest mistake...

Still we have very small chance of becoming champs if these damn refs don't make these mistakes. Call what you see, don't get forced into making calls or no calls...

#28 ·
yea like rastgele said we are just really unlucky, Besiktas is just like a cursed team, i don't really blame it on corrupution entirely but there have been seasons that would have turned out differently for sure.

There have been federations dominated by Fenerbahce supporters and Galatasaray supporters but there has never been a Besiktas federation.

btw Rastgele when do you think we should switch our avatars back, im thinking until we get into atleast second place

#30 ·
Anyways, it's interesting to point out how important Mehmet Yildiz's goal was. It brought the match to 1-2, the same score by which Sivas defeated Besiktas in Istanbul. Therefore, should the two teams end up tied in points at the end of the season, goal differential will separate them.

So, if Galatasaray wins the Turkish cup and finishes in the top two in the league, a UEFA Cup spot will go to the cup finalist. And if BJK and Sivas are tied in third with Sivas having a superior goal differential, then Besiktas has to go to Intertoto, all because of Mehmet's goal at 90+5.

And Sivas has a +8 advantage over BJK in goal differential as we speak..

#32 ·
Bengos said:
Anyways, it's interesting to point out how important Mehmet Yildiz's goal was.[...]
Er... thanks for the message.

I've dropped this in a post time-stamped at 16:59 (TSI):
"The last minute goal was unnecessary and disappointing."

And I don't think GD would come into play because i) GS will take points from Sivas ii) even if GS were beaten by Sivas, BJK has edge over GS.
Of course, if BJK cannot keep up, they'll have no claims for a third place. :)

#36 ·
Bengos said:
In the head to head tiebreaker, away goals are not considered (at least that's how the rule was last year)
Yep. I remember away goals were counted into for 2-way, 3-way battles for teams to be demoted in a recent year, but for '07-08 no longer.
GS is safe as long as it snatches 3 points from Sivas and FB, everything else going perfect, from BJK.

#42 ·
Did BJK won those championships like Saturday or Sunday? Kivirmayin, dedim ya, alavere dalavere mac almak sampioyon olmak guzeldir ama yuzunuze vurulunca kabul edip basinizi egersiniz böyle.... :nono:

With a league like this, does it really matter if BJK is 5 or 10 points ahed? Hell, lets change the rules of the league, instead of transfering players next year, all clubs can start buying refs instead. Bari seffaf olur... :dielaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.