Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-VS-

Venue: Bloomfield Stadium

Kickoff: 20.50
Live on Channel 10
Referee:Alon Yefet

Beitar and Maccabi is always a huge game no matter what league position or targets both teams have, it is always draws big interest and attendance. Tonight will be no different.

Maccabi Tel Aviv walk into this match with a series of 8 winless matches. Ton Caanen's 'Galacticos' trio will reunite tonight for the first time in ages. All 3 men (Berkovic, Rosso, Nimni) are clear and fit to play. Maccabi lost 2:0 in the derby last week and didn't look like much of a team there. What was supposed to become a spectacular season of celebrations for the 100th year of the club has become a pathetic joke everyone are sick of. Maccabi can still make Europe under certain conditions but it doesn't look like even they believe it.

Nimni. Will play against his old team tonight

Maccabi coach Ton Caanen is speculated not to continue next year, eventhough he is yet to be officially told that (on the other hand the promise to inform him until March 1st wasn't fullfiled either). Caanen with his known style declined the pregame talks about his rivalry with Fernandez by saying it is two teams against eachother and not Caanen who will play versus Fernandez. Caanen coached Beitar successfuly for 7 rounds until clashes between him and Fernandez (who started as general manager) and his medical/training staff came to a dead end.

Caanen as manager of Beitar

Probable XI:

Strauber; Shpongin, Baqiri, Gonzalez, Abu Siam; Mishaelof, Berkovic, Nimni, Mesika (Rosso), Demetradze, Ofir Haim

'You're only as good as your last game' says the old cliche and how true it is for Luis Fernandez. Just two weeks ago he threatnened to quit the club after a row with the fans during the loss to Kfar Saba. A week later, a convincing 3:0 win and everything looks peaceful and calm at Bait VeGan now....

Beitar's head is deep in next year's preparations, although he hasn't said it officially yet everyone knows Fernandez will stay. The chairman is making the arrangements for training camps per his request, as well as our head scout who is looking at players Fernandez is after.
Itzik Korenfine who was in doubt for the match due to injury is 100% match fit. Haliva and Barak Itzhaki are unfortunately out injured. But another player who has recovered from his injury is Gal Alberman. Beitar will also welcome the return of Tomer Ben Yosef whose 3 match ban has come to an end.

Back from injury. Alberman

A win tonight would put Beitar equal on points with Hapoel for second, but with inferior goal difference. A point only is needed in order to officially secure the UEFA Cup spot as mentioned in another thread.

Probable XI: Korenfine; Ziv, Mitreski, Ben Yosef, Amsalem; N'sumbo, Alberman (Bruchian), Leroy, Fernandes; Aganzo, Asulin (Ben Shoshan)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Arik1983 said:
raanan do you think that caanen will shake hands with fernandez after the game ?

If Mac TA will win, then maybe......
The two hate each other for sure.....

in any case, i think it will be a good game on beitars behalf :)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Despite the rivalry i believe caanen will shake hands with Fernandez, unless Fernandez reacts like Roni Levi did.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Expect a packed stadium.
So arrive early, avi ;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Match preview done!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
0-0 after 30 minutes of play

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1-0 to the good guys at halftime, Aviram Bruchian scores for the second successive week. Beitar with sheer domination throughout the first half, some really huge misses especially by Aganzo, Fernandes and Leroy. Ben Shoshan is giving their right defense a huge headache, superb play with a few good crosses. :) Hopefully we won't kick ourselves for missing those chances.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Aviram Bruchian !!!!!!!!!!

NESHAMA :D
this man will lead beitar! I gurantee!! :)
what a goal!!

Beitar will get 3 more by the next 45 minutes ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
wtf! 2:1 for maccabi. two red cards (leroy, mitreski). this is what i could figure from livescore.com. any explanations? a link to the highlights maybe?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Football is a strange game, there was definitely only one team who played well tonight but we failed to capitalize on our own chances and it killed us in the end. Rosso made the change when he came in as a late sub, helped by Leroy's red card. A player of Leroy calibre shouldn't do stuff like that, eventhough it wasn't harsh I can't be surprised specially as the media kept putting the pressure on refs to send off Leroy and Fernandes for weeks. Not to mention Yefet has been looking to settle the score with us after he was 'forgiving' towards N'sumbo and Leroy in one of our matches in Doha (0:0) this season. Asulin's goal shouldn't have been disallowed, was perfectly legal, as well as a red card that needed to be shown to Abu Siam. But it doesn't matter in the end, congrats to Maccabi Tel Aviv, we really have to question ourselves if we can't find anyone who is better used to Israeli food and whose brain is a little bit more well organised then Aganzo.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
is this rossos first goal of the season?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think what Caanen and Loni said says it all, even they admitted they were lucky and that there was nothing really to write home about except the 'fighting spirit' (that's a bullshit excuse football fans use when they don't know how to explain things that just happen against the run of play ;)). We may have lost but we made them look like a bunch of school kids today and I will not forget that for a long time. If this is the kind of team we are expected to see next year I'd be more then happy to lose 2 away matches in the entire season again. The problem is not there, we are playing great against the good teams but suck against the 'minnows'. Also we can't ignore the fact this is the third (!!) time this year we end a match with 9 players. Our discplinary record is horrible, surely the players need to be told they have to calm down more often.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kappa21 said:
is this rossos first goal of the season?
Yeah. :sigh:

I hate you Giovanni, first that goal he scored in the 95th minute with Hapoel Haifa, now this. :frustrat:

Then again he scored a winning goal against Hapoel Tel Aviv in Teddy once...so he's not all that bad after all.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
a little too little, to late.

I saw on Sports+5 they said who is the biggest joker in Israel. Giovanni was #1.
And im surprised.... back in 2000 he could not speak a word of hebrew. Now he was like a master in hebrew...

can speak better hebrew than me

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Its basically the same problem we have.

So were better on the pitch. And what we do...
2 of our good players get carded off....

**** that....
We should have scored and scored early on.
How embarrasing it is...honestly....

Fernendez is not gonna stay on longer.
The man who lost his job to LF now beat him in his own game....and a comeback beat too

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Our Macedonian friend will be sad to hear about Mitreski's red card. I think it's over. He'll be out for 3 matches, and might not continue next season.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts