11 Taddei
17 Tommasi
28 Rosi
22 Pipolo
35 Okaka

·
Registered
805 Posts
Should Okaka start? Surely our most offensive weapon Mancini is sadly wasted when playing up front. We played better v. Boro when he came on and the formation changed...nobody is expecting him to score a goal, or even assist..but his presence in the formation should help our threesome behind him crack the opposing defense, wouldnt it? :stress:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree I would start Okaka

My team would indeed be:

Curci; Panucci, Mexes, Chivu, Cufre; De Rossi, Aquilani; Taddei (Alvarez), Perrotta, Mancini; Okaka.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,169 Posts
I would start Okaka and Alvarez.Taddei on the bench(Needs a rest). Should we get in trouble he would come on in the second half.
Alvarez showed some very good skills in the Boro game.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I'm really scared that Ascoli's tough defensive efforts will give us few opportunities. They're difficult to score against if you're a big club, because they seem to be very motivated.

I won't be able to follow this match. I'm going to Nice, Provence, France tomorrow morning and I won't come back until Friday. FORZA ROMA, they will be in my mind the whole time! :star: :heart:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes have a nice time Thoto. I agree that Alvarez should start for Taddei here, but I would keep Perrotta for this match and instead rest him against Middlesbrough.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I think from now onwards, maybe excluding the game in Turin against Juve, Okaka should start. We definately need a striker to bring us the kind of scoring opportunities for the players from further back which we got when Totti was playing alone up front.

Also agree about alvarez, he is worth a start now, showing nice technique, speed, good positioning and awareness and accurate passing in the Uefa Cup game. Rest Taddei.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Perrotta needs a break, he is soon going to be too tired to be effective, and that just creates a problem that can be avoided. Okaka would also give some relief to Mancini, and Taddei.

I'm betting for a draw, but I really hope that doesn't happen. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i think we must start alvarez and okaka, but not resting perrotta, we need him upfront

----------------- curci ---------------
panucci ---- mexes --- chivu ---- cufre
------- aquilani ------ de rossi --------
alvarez -------- perrotta -------- mancini
--------------- okaka -----------------

we could use taddei and tommasi in the second half

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alvarez did well at Boro, and Taddei needs a rest. (A classic line from a Boro fan re Taddei "He's a nasty piece of work" He said that twice with no reason !

Bigot!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
marlo85 said:
what ever happened to cerci? he should start ahead of okaka IMO
how many times have you seen cerci play in the last 2 seasons?
i'm just asking as i never get to see any primavera games and therefore can't judge how he's doing.
do you have roma-channel?they are showing them on there, at least the last time i watched it they did.
on what do you base that cerci should start ahead of okaka?
i'm sure spalletti would give cerci a shot if he thinks he's up for it.

compared to other big serie a clubs roma gives it's youth players a lot of possibilities.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think Cerci is a very good prospect and I hope for him to get an opportunity soon, however Okaka is more suited to the role as a main striker than Cerci.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
ASCOLI-ROMA

4-4-2
28 Coppola
16 Comotto
80 Domizzi
24 Paci
3 Del Grosso
17 Foggia
55 Cristiano