Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PAO 6-3 Chalkidona :cool:

We were 1-2 down..3-3...then Konstandinou ''cleaned'' the game with 2 goals before Papadopoulos got his first goal in quite some time :thumbsup:

Gonzales' goal was amazing...

An equally great game in crete between ofi and Aek occured.0-2 Aek became 2-2 :star: Then Liberopoulos won it in injury time... :wallbang:

Olympiakos 3-1 Egaleo as Rivaldo scored twice,in one of his best performances for Oly.

PAO 59
AEK 58
OLY 56

·
Registered
468 Posts
We switched over at the end of the first half of the Olympiakos game and just managed to see both Gonzales's goal and Gegas's as well. I will concede that the Gonzales goal was superb and the way he dribbled before the lob/shot was really good. Gegas's goal was simply workmanlike and although I'm still not convinced that he is a great player, he's able to put away goals and I guess that's all that matters at the end of the day.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Incidentally the 3-1 scoreline flattered us somewhat. Aigaleo managed to get a shot which bounced against the crossbar and then the post and then returned into play. Also Pantos (for the second week running) saved a shot from the line (maybe I was too harsh on this player...).
The two of the goals were made by Rivaldo (as P_A_F says) but the third and possibly the best of the three was a superb 'floating' shot from Giovanni. Hopefully this will do wonders for his own morale but perhaps it's a little too late in the season for that.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Giovanni refused to celebrate after his goal...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Gonzalez goal was not that great, the defending was terrible, every Chalkidona player just lunged at the ball like 3rd division players, he nearly tripped over the ball, and finally he places a shot with the keeper out of position.

Any attack minded player in a top league should be able to do this.

Giovanni's goal was much better (I hate Giovanni, so this means a lot coming from me.)

·
Registered
468 Posts
@Thrylos on Gonzales :- Maybe, but it looked good on the TV.

I personally like Giovanni and all that he has provided to the club. I don't believe P_A_F's claim that he refused to celebrate.... Although he has issues with Bajevic (and lets face it who hasn't), he doesn't hate our club or it's supporters who idolise him.

Incidentally all the goals and also a shot just outside from Rivaldo can be downloaded from the Karaiskaki site (http://karaiskaki.cjb.net/)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Olympiacos 3 - 1 Aigaleo

With Brazilian rythms, Olympiacos danced it's way to a 3-1 victory over Aigaleo. The goals, which were scored before a packed stadium, provided the team with a high morale victory in front of the midweek cup game against AEK.
The scoring opened in the 25'minute with a typically skillful shot from Rivaldo. Whilst on the move, he grabbed the goal from an Aigaleo player on the centreline and powered forwards, he dribbled to the left of one opponent and then lined the ball up and shot from well outside the box. The keeper tried to get to the ball but it still managed to go into the back of the net due to the power given to it.
Just after the break, Rivaldo (again) provided the goal, this time shooting in a poor clearance which landed near his feet. Rivaldo continued to make most of the chances for Olympiacos and was almost on the scoresheet again when he gained control of a cross from the left wing and dribbled to the right of the keeper. The subsequent shot went just outside but it was a difficult attempt to make.
Aigaleo started to react now and managed to claw a goal back due to poor marking following a rare corner, however Giovanni making an appearance as a substitute, cracked home an impressive shot over the head of the keeper to put the game beyond all doubt. The victory keeps Olympiacos in 3rd place, 3 points behind Panathinaikos but with 3 games to play.

Yellow Cards :- Stoltidis; Christou
Olympiacos :- Nikopolidis, Mavrogenidis, Kwstoulas, Anatolakis, Pantos, Georgatos, Maric (77' Giovanni), Stoltidis, Djordjevic (90' Taralidis), Rivaldo, Okkas (53' Castillo).
AIGALEO: Sidebe, Papoutsis, Christou, Bomas, Edousei, Liapakis (53' Manousakis), Tsatsos, Aggos, Barkoglou (81' Simic), Agritis, Nikolopoulos (68' Long)

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The defenders looked like they were just lunging at the ball because of the amazing close control of Eki ;)

I saw it on tv marcus.Giovanni did not celebrate the goal.They were discussing this on ''athlitki kyriaki''

·
Registered
468 Posts
Various statements after the match

Dusan Bajevic :-"As we have said all along, we will try to win all matches placed in front of us. We played today with a particularly defensive opponent. The game required some patience but we rightly gained the victory. All that matters now is that we continue to pick up the points.

Thanasis Kostoulas :-"It was a good game, we needed for our part both patience and persistance. At the start we could not manage to find away through their defensive wall but we managed to score the goals which counted. We took their pressure for ten minutes but the third goal killed them off. We should not be complacent with our victory, the rest of the season still has some skillful teams left and the potential for an upset if we are not careful.

Tasos Pantos :-"We are continuing to develop as a team the more the season progresses, we will continue to make strides forwards as the championship comes to a close. As regards the match with Aigaleo, at various stages we were outplaying them however in the second half we fell back and didn't play as well as we should.

Okkas was replaced during the match due to an ongoing injury to his right leg.

After the match, Rivaldo was selected as the Pepsi man of the match. After his impressive display he declared," This is an important victory. It is not important that I acheived the goals but that we, as a team ovecame our opponents. As regards the cup, we haven't achieved a victory yet despite our advantage at the minute. We do have an important advantage andwith the help of our supporters, I believe that we will advance into the final.

·
Registered
468 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
...I saw it on tv marcus.Giovanni did not celebrate the goal.They were discussing this on ''athlitki kyriaki''
The way Giovanni has been treated by Bajevic, I'm not suprised but I'm sure he understands that the supporters still love him. (especially the way how he ran to the crowd and had two supporters grab him)

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Good win for Oly, but what a titlerace! :eekani:

Who would have thought AEK would play such an important role this season after they almost went bankrupt last year.

Oly can only hope that PAO leaves points at Toumba, but then there's still AEK. Hopefully Bajevic and co can pull it off!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts