Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22 Mar 2008- 19:00 - Atatürk Olimpiyat - Saturday

Istanbul B.B. have yet to face defeat at the hands of any of the big 3, but that shouldn't stop us from going out there and giving them a thrashing.

A very crucial three points are at stake in this match, our next opponents are Fenerbahce and Sivasspor and we simply cannot afford to drop any.

That being said, our performances have been getting consistently better since the start of the second half, Rustu seems to have regained his old form, and our atttack has been particularly lethal

My prediction: Besiktas 3 - 0 Istanbul BB

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I'm gonna go for a slim win 2-3 for us. Cisse and Serdar K maybe ready for next weeks game or something from what I read (I dunno how true that is). Big question is who will play instead of Toraman after last week's red card. One option maybe bring Tello to DM and Serdar Ozkan to the left and Holosko on the right. Bobo and Nobre up front. Another is Serdar Ozkan DM but I don't think he'll do well. Rico? Mehmet Sedef(is he alive?)
I'm thinking this
--Rustu----
AliT---GokhanZ---Baki----IboU
Holosko---Delgado--Tello--SerdarO(Aydin)
---Bobo----Nobre

Can Serdar play on the left? I remember him changing wings during some games which was effective earlier in the season. What about Gordon? Is he up to the task of DM? He may be a lil too slow I think. Ertugrul can switch Baki and Gordon's positions, that means Baki DM and Gordon CB. Hmm tough choices....

Another thing to note is Gokhan Zan, Ibo Uzulmez, Nobre and Serdar Ozkan are all on verge of getting their 4th yellow. So they must watch out during this game. If we do get a comfortable lead, I wouldn't be surprised to see some subs earlier in the game.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i wish we had 9 more holoskos next to rustu and holosko.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna go for a slim win 2-3 for us. Cisse and Serdar K maybe ready for next weeks game or something from what I read (I dunno how true that is). Big question is who will play instead of Toraman after last week's red card. One option maybe bring Tello to DM and Serdar Ozkan to the left and Holosko on the right. Bobo and Nobre up front. Another is Serdar Ozkan DM but I don't think he'll do well. Rico? Mehmet Sedef(is he alive?)
I'm thinking this
--Rustu----
AliT---GokhanZ---Baki----IboU
Holosko---Delgado--Tello--SerdarO(Aydin)
---Bobo----Nobre

Can Serdar play on the left? I remember him changing wings during some games which was effective earlier in the season. What about Gordon? Is he up to the task of DM? He may be a lil too slow I think. Ertugrul can switch Baki and Gordon's positions, that means Baki DM and Gordon CB. Hmm tough choices....

Another thing to note is Gokhan Zan, Ibo Uzulmez, Nobre and Serdar Ozkan are all on verge of getting their 4th yellow. So they must watch out during this game. If we do get a comfortable lead, I wouldn't be surprised to see some subs earlier in the game.
One of Gordon's main assets apparently is his speed, baki is far too clumsy to play defensive mid,
I definitely agree with you on the subs, we cant afford to risk losing any players for the fenerbahce match next week

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
i wish we had 9 more holoskos next to rustu and holosko.
If we buy 9 more holoskos it will cost us 9 more korays and buraks. :D As far as I am concerned I'm fine with burak leaving but Koray not so much. Look at us now we definitely need him.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
that all depends on the home team... it really depends on how hungry they are for money, they can fill the entire stadium with bjk fans and make money off it, but what usually happens is a certain amount of tickets are sold to the away team, regardless of where the match is...

I forgot who it was Fener played last year or even the year before, where the away team sold all the tickets to Fener fans making a huge amount of money off of it

·
*the drum drum*
43,164 Posts
They sell tickets at the stadium, and the Beşiktaş fans can buy their tickets that way. It won't make a difference, the 'home' team will only have about 500 people turn up to support them at most.

The match you're remembering is Ankaragücü v Fenerbahçe last season, when they moved the game to İzmir after they got a stadium ban. They ended up packing out the stadium and making 3-4 times the money they would've at Ankara, a great punishment indeed :thumbsup: :howler:

Beşiktaş fans probably won't come in a great deal of numbers to this match either, no one goes to this stadium anymore, it's just a novelty. Fenerbahçe tried to pump up their visit as the next coming of Christ, being the first game of the season for the team that won the title in it's centenery, looking to unveil Roberto Carlos and . . . wearing turquoise shirts! About 35,000 fans turned up from memory, which isn't bad but it's not good in those circumstances.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I think Besiktas will bring alot fans to this game. They've been champs for 1 in like the last 15 years, the fans are hungry. It would be a huge dissapointment for them to lose in a game like this one but on the other hand it would motivate them even more against fener next week.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
So 10 mins to go and we found out who plays instead of Toroman. DUN DUN DUN Serdar Ozkan plays DM and Baki is injured so Gordon takes his spot... I'm anxious to see how Holosko plays on the right.
I'm gonna pick Delgado to make an impact this game.
Also about 7000 Besiktas fans arrived so far.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Around 12.000 fans plus 6-7000 on their way.

We have to beat this team. :thmbup:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Istanbul B.B. is kicking major ass up to this point, Ibrahim Akin with a nice goal and assist from Necati. The ref situation is the same every call Besiktas' way and he even charged at a Istanbul BB player afer a foul and bumped chests with him :howler:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts