Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Matchday 26: Kayserispor - Beşiktaş JK : 0-1

Arguably one of our most important and toughest games this season, we play Kayseri away tomorrow (20:00 Kayseri time).

Kayseri currently hold the 3rd position in the league and are 4 points ahead of us. Under the direction of Ertugrul Saglam Kayseri have proven themselves and are strong contenders for the Uefa Cup competition. We too are trying to finish the league in third place (that along with the Turkish Cup are our main goals for this season). With that being said it would greatly benefit us if we beat Kayseri and got those oh so important 3 points.

Under the direction of Jean Tigana Besiktas are in a transition phase and have proven themselves the last few weeks with their improved and organized game play. We have also seen our new youngster Gokhan Gulec rise and show that he has the potential to become a key striker at Besiktas. Although Tigana had a laid back style with this week's practice sessions our training for the Kayseri game was midfield oriented. In addition to that our team focused on air balls and shot taking. All things considered Besiktas have a good chance at winning and continuing the rising trend. Hopefully we come out of the game smiling :)

We recently played Kayseri during the quarter-finals first leg and beat them 2-0 at home.

Our team is expected to board a 18:35 (Istanbul) plane to Kayseri today.

M Dogan and Gokhan Zan will not play due to their injuries. The roster for the game:

Oscar Cordoba, Murat Şahin, Ali Tandoğan, İbrahim Toraman, Çağdaş Atan, Ali Güneş, Tayfur Havutçu, Kleberson, Ahmed Hassan, Okan Buruk, Tümer Metin, Koray Avcı, İbrahim Üzülmez, Sergen Yalçın, Tomas Jun, Ahmet Dursun, Gökhan Güleç, İbrahim Akın, Bobo, Emre Özkan, Mehmet Sedef, Korcan Çelikay.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I notice today that BJK are not only playing them tomorrow but also during the week for the 2nd leg of the Turkish Cup. They might as well stay there for the next few days!

About Mustafa.....was his own goal due to the the injury he got, ie. did he fall over awkwardly or something as he defended?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jo-Ann said:
I notice today that BJK are not only playing them tomorrow but also during the week for the 2nd leg of the Turkish Cup. They might as well stay there for the next few days!

About Mustafa.....was his own goal due to the the injury he got, ie. did he fall over awkwardly or something as he defended?
Yup... that will make it 3 games against Kayseri in a short span of time.

The own goal was due to the injury he sustained while he was trying to clear the ball. He pulled a hamstring. He is out of commission for another 5 weeks.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I thought it was something like that or I doubt he would have scored an own goal. Well I hope Ali looks after his hamstrings :) not that he gets to play very often :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1,200 tickets reserved for Besiktas fans have been sold out. The director of ticket sales states that the 22,000 tickets for this game will most likely be sold out due to the huge interest shown by fans.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stats

This is the 22nd time Besiktas will face Kayserispor.

Besiktas' record vs Kayseri: 13 wins, 5 ties, and 3 losses. Besiktas have scored 38 times and have been scored on 19 times.

Our record for games in Kayseri: 3 wins and 4 ties (Kayseri maintains the same record). Besiktas have scored 11 goals in Kayseri and have been scored on 13 times.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
F0RZA KARTAL said:
Expected starting 11:

Cordoba
Ali Tandoğan
İbrahim T.
Koray
Çağdaş
Ahmed Hassan
Kleberson
Tümer
İbrahim Ü.
Gökhan Güleç
Bobo
where is ibo akin?

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
bobo...
everytime i hear this guy's name i think of vieri and his **** ups lol . bobo vieri. :)
is sergen playin? that guy OWNS the field.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Where's Okan Buruk? :frustrat: .Ibrahim Akin should play,he's super talent and he'd destroy Kayseri...Watch out for Mehmet Topuz also,He's a big team material...

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
If BJK can hold on, this will be a huuuuuuuuuuuge win, closing to 1 point of the UEFA Cup birth and keeping their strong streak going

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Kayseri played like they purposefully wanted to injure our players prior to teh cup game, and they managed to break Gökhan's jaw...

Johnson kicked him in ythe face and the goddamn ref didnt even call a foul...
The ref watched as they butchered our players and purposefully fouled time after time..
Im surprised thats all the harm they managed to inflict on us-I was expectig a few more broken body parts on ourt other players to be honest...I cant believe the ref just watched and didnt do anything to prevetn this...

Boyle lig olmaz olsun ya-boyle artniyetlilik olurmu?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice win! Okan was playing, but one of posters' 11 didn't include him that's why I got puzzled...We should use Ibrahim Akin more frequently....

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
D-lite said:
Kayseri played like they purposefully wanted to injure our players prior to teh cup game, and they managed to break Gökhan's jaw...

Johnson kicked him in ythe face and the goddamn ref didnt even call a foul...
The ref watched as they butchered our players and purposefully fouled time after time..
Im surprised thats all the harm they managed to inflict on us-I was expectig a few more broken body parts on ourt other players to be honest...I cant believe the ref just watched and didnt do anything to prevetn this...

Boyle lig olmaz olsun ya-boyle artniyetlilik olurmu?
Hey man that's not totally true. The ref managed to fukk up the game from the early stages on. Did you see some of those offside calls against Kayseri!?! holy shit such amateur refereeing. You have to admit that Ahmed Hassan was diving quite a lot. The game got ugly towards the end when Johnson kicked Gokhan ouch!! Oh man from the second I saw that I knew he got hurt pretty bad :(. I'm sorry but the ref was terrible for both sides, Gokhan Unal got taken down by Ibo Uzulmez no call and then a few minutes later Gokhan Unal in a similar way goes after Ibo and the ref blows his whistle. Kayseri played an awesome game as did Besiktas. Mehmet Topuz :eekani: who's gonna get this guy? holy shit he's an incredible footballer! Shame for Gokhan he was having a great game of his own, acil sifalar.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts