Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow we face Samsunspor in Samsun at 16:00.

This is the 58th time we will play Samsunspor. We have beaten Samsun spor 32 times, lost 10 times, and tied 15 times. Currently, Samsun are are 3rd from last place.

Besiktas have been on the rise and we have seen a more organized and attacking Besiktas in the past few weeks. This has given the players a boost in morale and the confidence they were so badly lacking. This is an important game away game in which we need those 3 points (just as the rest of the games) as we try to close in on Kayseri and finish the season off in third place so we can compete in the Uefa Cup.

Sergen will not play tomorrow due to pain in his right knee. Ibo Akin will also be sitting out for this one. During the last practice session Akin was hit in the head by a hard shot and suffered a concussion. He was taken to the hospital and doctors are ordering him to rest for 2 days. Gokhan Zan is also injured and will not play. Cagdas and Tumer are out due to cards.

The roster for the game:
Oscar Cordoba, Murat Şahin, Mustafa Doğan, İbrahim Üzülmez, Tomas Jun, Bobo, Kleberson, Gökhan Güleç, İbrahim Toraman, Koray Avcı, Okan Buruk, Ahmed Hassan, Ahmet Dursun, Ali Tandoğan, Ali Güneş, Mehmet Sedef, Tayfur Havutçu, and Emre Özkan

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I swear I was looking forward to this game because I thought it was at İnönü...
Oh well I guess Ill have to watch it with my friends at the nargile house :D

Ive started lookign forward to the teams performances recently, the team is getting better and new young players make me more optimistic for the future..
Lets hope they put in a good performance and help the fans continue the optimistic views they've gained lately...

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Mustafa Dogan :yuck:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Okan scored! Well done to him. I hope Tigana can play him a little more often.

What was Mustafa Dogan doing though? I usually quite like him :googly: Worst of all though is no Ali :frustrat: :frustrat:

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Jo-Ann said:
That Gokhan Gulec was a very good buy. 2 goals now in this game :)
Yeah, very good transfer indeed. I hope that he´ll continue like this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fighting spirit is back!

Overall it was a very good game for us especially when you consider two things. The first being that we were missing 5 key players. Second we were playing away against a team who needed the points much more than us (Samsun were throwing everything they had at us).

The team in general played very well and with each passing week we see them more unified. Finally they are understanding the concept of team play. As I said, the team played very well and there are a few players worth mentioning....

Ahmed Hassan was excellent today.... eventhough he may have faded out towards the end of the game he was all over the place and gave it his all. Bobo too worked very hard today and we were able to see that he is an agile player. With time and the right mindset he can become a star player. As for the back, Ibrahim Toroman and Koray were nearly flawless and held the defense together. Finally, Gokhan Gulec the rising youngster who gave 110% effort which was clearly displayed by his two goals. Tigana sees the potential in this kid. With time and practice Gokhan can become a key striker at Besiktas.

Congrats to Besiktas on a well deserved win. Slowly we are heading towards the right direction and forming a strong, organized, and unified BESIKTAS.

Forza TIGANA!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i didnt think ahmed hassan was excellent at all... i thought he had a dominating presence but he was not excellent... he played much better against fenerbahce...

kleberson was spot on when he was on the ball, gokhan gulec just gave it to samsun's defense, and bobo... well at least he set up gokhan for his second...

ali tandogan played especially great... maybe my fav from the game, when he came in for mustafa your right side was so much more organized... and for a guy thats been noted for his crosses and shots, his defending was very good...

still would have loved to see tumer and sergen again... but today besiktas did their thing... good job

1 - 20 of 41 Posts