Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first away Istanbul-derby of the season. We have not impressed much lately with our game and Gala have not been playing so well either. They have a home-game advantage and it should not be neglected. We are also without Carew and i wonder how concentradet our players will be after the latest media ourcry the last couple of days.

Along with those disadvantages above we also have some advantages against Galatasaray. First of all since they play before Fener they HAVE to win this game in order to have chance towin the championship, since they dont know the result yet. Secondly, they have played a cup-game in midweek while we have been prapered for the derby.

What we need to keep in mind is that they are the ones that have the pressure, we should try to play disciplined, counter-attack and be very careful with Hakan Sukur and Necati Ates. Necati have been out of form lately but you never know.

Having Pancu back will really make our attack more dangerous and our midfield stronger. I also hope Koray is fit for fight for this game. We need Ali G. and Deli Ibram to be on top with their form if we want to hope for some points from this derby. We need to win this game, but we should`nt forget that Gala have to win this more than us and try to use it to our advantage. My first eleven for the game:

-------------------------Cordoba----------------------------
--------Ibrahim T.--------Ronaldo-----------Cagdas----------
--Ali G.----------Koray---------Tayfur-------------Deli Ibo----
-------------------Pancu------------Tumer------------------
-------------------------Veysel------------------------------

I hope the team can put a good performance for once away! :hopefull:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
BEKLE BIZI CINCON

My favorite time of the season... its DERBY time! As Yasko stated the recent performance of Besiktas has been nothing outstanding. We have not been playing up to par but somehow still come out victorious at the end of 90 mins. Worst case scenario this is what I will wish for... crappy play but 3 points. This is not what I want though. We need to come out onto the pitch and play like warriors for a full 90 mins and most importantly come out with 3 points. It's kind of an akward situation... obviously I want Besiktas to win but us winning would result in helping out FB. Regardless Besiktas needs to win.

I had stated at the start of the 2nd half that if Besiktas were to win all their games up until the derby that they would go into ASY with boosted morale. Hopefully this will be the case. Yes we do have an advantage over GS with regards to them playing a game this week. On the other hand they have a greater advantage over us being at home.

This really is an important game for us. I say this because if we come out with a win and then go onto win the repeat of the Gencler game we will only be 4 points behind GS. We have won up until now and must continue the streak. I am certain that Riza Hoca has done everything possible to prepare the players for this important game.

I'm going with the same line up as Yasko. GS 0 - 1 BJK is what I want but I can see the game ending in a 0-0 draw.

HER ZAMAN HER YERDE EN BUYUK KARTAL!

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
:howler.

Anyways, a Bersiktas win would definately help Fener towards their second straight championship.....but im seeing a draw!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Starting Line Up

________________________CORDOBA_______________________

TOROMAN_______________RONALDO______________CAGDAS___

ALI G.___________TAYFUR___KORAY____________I.UZULMEZ___

__________________PANCU_____TUMER_____________________

_____________________VEYSEL____________________________

BESIKTAS WILL CONTINUE WITH THE WINNING STREAK....

HER ZAMAN HER YERDE EN BUYUK KARTAL

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
0-0 at the half.

GS is playing much better than Besiktas. They have created a few good scoring opportunities but thankfully we have Cordoba to save the day. Cordoba is the only Besiktas player worth mentioning at this point. We had only one real scoring position with a throw in from Cagdas into the box. At this point, I would be happy with a draw. We really need to step it up in the second half.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An extremly dissapointed performance by Besiktas. :nono: Necati, Ribery and Ayhan was excellent. We couldnt do anything even when Gala was 9 man tonight. Congratulations Galatasaray, they definetly deserved a win. I`m gonna be honest here, i did not want Bjk to score a goal when they were 10 man down, we just didnt deserve a draw like that.... :hangover:

There is lots of work left to do with this team....

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Horrible game. Was Besiktas even trying?

not on point. Galatasaray did play better but I couldve seen the game ending in a draw considering the way Sukur scored. Besiktas created very few attacks and scoring positions. We had less possesion of the ball and when we did actually have the ball we weren't able to produce anything out of it. Im in a rush right now i'll be back later to further comment on the game.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I watched the match only partially, and didn't enjoy it at all. I saw GS's goal, which was typical Hakan's ugly, but very deserved. From what I saw - GS was a head above BJK. Especially it was midfield which disappointed mean - it seemed to be absent.

·
*the drum drum*
42,921 Posts
Two player comments from after the game that where possibly worth noting..

Oscar Cordoba; "Today we tried to stop Galatasaray from playing.. In my opinion, football is about both stopping the other side from playing, and playing football yourself"

And the next is an exchange between Sergen and a TRT reporter..

TRT; "Sergen, bu yenilgiden sonra sanssiniz kaldi mi?"
Sergen; "Eh, bundan sonra cok zor.. Biz artik maclarimizi oynayip, sezonun bitmesini beklicegiz.."

Damn that guy is a straight shooter :howler:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
If it was Lucescu era we would've either won or tied. Even if we lost we wouldn't have performed so poorly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts