Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We reach the half-way stage of the season in the fact that we will have played everyone twice after this match. This is a 3 pointer and without being too cocky we really should win this one easily. They are one of the poorest sides I have seen this season.

Here is their latest form excluding the recent away draw at East Fife in the Scottish Cup.

• 3-1 Dundee (Home)
  • 0-0 Livingston (Home)
  • 1-2 Hibs (Away)
  • 0-2 Celtic (Home)
  • 0-3 Hearts (Away)
The teams have met only once this season:

Dunfermline 1(1)-(1)2 Rangers
Brewster 22, Boumsong 47, Novo 58

Most notably our two scorers in the last game will not be involved in this game for different reasons. I'd hope Buffel and Djordjic will get a start in this one and we may even see Mladenovic at some stage depending on how the game is going. I expect McLeish to play a 4-3-1-2 with Prso being partnered by either Arveladze or Thompson and either Namouchi or Buffel playing behind the strikers. It could be a very similar side to the one which went to Celtic Park on Sunday.

We have to take all 3 points without a doubt as the following week we travel up to Aberdeen. The dark side go up there this weekend so here is hoping the two Jimmys can stick the boot in :happy:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I remember the night of the last Dunfermline game well ;). We struggled badly in that match if I recall. The game was never safe, and i'm sure Klos either pulled off a great save in the final minute or Dunfermline hit the woodwork.

Of course at Ibrox we should have it easier, even if Jimmy's no longer the manager... I'm hoping Buffel will inject a bit of enthusiasm into the team and supporters. Hopefully we'll also see why Lovenkrands shouldn't be let anywhere near the pitch again with a good showing from Djordjic. Again, this should be the ideal sort of game to give Mladenovic a run-out. Ball should be pushing Vignal for a place also.

I'd like to see us try this sort of formation:

-------------------Klos----------------------
Hutton-----------------------------------Ball
----------Zurab--------Andrews-------------

---------------Mladenovic-------------------
--------Ricksen--------------Rae------------

-----------------Buffel----------------------
-----------Prso--------Thompson------------

Prso and Buffel could interchange a bit, leaving Thompson as the main striker. Ball could help supplement the left of midfield and Mladenovic would hopefully be able to build from the back with the protection of Ricksen and Rae. McLeish will probably stick to his tried, tested, and ultimately failed system though...

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marco Negri said:
At least Brewster won't be playing. He was their best player by some distance.
True. I only just realised all 3 scorers from the last game won't be featuring. As Angle pointed out the last game was midweek and a bit of a non-event. It came 4 days after we drew 1-1 with Dundee United, sounds familiar. As Angle also pointed out Scott Thomson had a shot cleared off the line at the end of the game. The only plus point was Celtic got beat by Aberdeen- more of the same please. :smileani:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Looking forward to seeing Buffel in action.

I'd maybe go with

-----------------Klos---------------
Hutton----Zurab-----Andrews---Vignal
Ricksen----Mladenovic---Rae---Djordic
-------Buffel------------------------
-----------Prso---------------------

Although that's not a particularly attacking formation...

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to be different I think Dragan won't play and we'll play like this:

Code:
                 Klos

Hutton  Half-Hearted Georgian-inilli   Big Marv     Vignal

Ricksen     Alex Rae          Malcolm          Djordjic 

Buffel

Prso
Burkey is back and will probably start from the bench. We all know our football and our different predictions just goes to show how difficult it is now becoming to second guess the manager.

If only we had St Martin it would be so much simpler. Stick two big guys up front and kick the ball up to them. Juninho and Camara for a bench view. Edie McCredie for another next big thing- playing for St Johnstone or in the Championship in 5 years time but enough to keep the fans wringing their knickers for a while.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
The line-up is as follows:

--------------------Klos----------------------
Ross------------------------------------Vignal
---------Malcolm----------Andrews-----------

-----------Rae---------Ricksen---------------
Namouchi------------------------------Djordjic

------------Buffel-------Thompson------------

Subs: McGregor (GK), Ball, Khizanishvili, Hutton, Hughes, Burke, Prso

McLeish taking the chance of resting Prso. Don't know why Ross is prefered to Hutton. I assume Zurab's just been dropped for Malcolm. Mladenovic not even on the bench :rollani:. It's time Alex gave us some answers about his situation.

As I finish, Thompson makes it 1-0 :happy:.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
From what i've heard, being a part-time fan and all ;), Buffel played pretty well today. Dunfermline didn't put up much of a fight though so he could pretty much do what he wanted. The final score was 3-0 going on 6 or 7 according to the totally unbiased Mark Hateley and Derek Johnstone...

Djordjic is supposed to have done quite well also.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buffel showed good signs but also showed he's short of match practise. Djordjic impressed me. Not only his football but he has a good dig about him and won't be pushed around. He had a Van Vossen miss but it still wasn't as bad as the World Class ex-world cup winner's one earlier in the season.

They were short of ideas today as Dunfermile parked the Murinho-style bus in the goal mouth today. The creativity isn't there and needs to be looked at. That game was crying out for Mladenovic today so I'm also bemused as to why he didn't even make the bench.

As I said in my previous post we would probably all get the selection wrong and that proved to be the case. Why we are playing with one forward as home to Dunfermline is beyond me. In Eck's defence we got the 3 points easily and that is the important thing- still not pretty though.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think, or hope, he was just given Hutton a rest. I rate Hutton and I'd have him in that right back slot before anyone at the club.

BTW, does anyone know what formation McLeish was using for this one? Again I was baffled- mainly with Namouchi and Buffel who seemed to both have free roles.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Buffel played quite well, he has quick feet and a nice touch. Played a couple of great passes and will hopefully work really well with Novo in the team.

The pitch is in a terrible state just now. It has some sort of disease so is basically just mud with a bit of balding grass and green coloured sand! Needs to replaced...

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The park has been a joke for a month or so now that I have noticed. I'm surprised there is not much more focus on it as I haven't read anything concerning it.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chivoexpiatorio said:
The park has been a joke for a month or so now that I have noticed. I'm surprised there is not much more focus on it as I haven't read anything concerning it.
Maybe out final signing before the window closes should be Alan Titchmarsh :rollani:

BTW One of the guy's in the work tells me that when Andrews scored the PA played "I'm a believer" :D Anyone know if that's true?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:happy: Great. I wonder what other ditties they have planned beside "I'm a believer" and "Sponge Bob Square Pants".

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I didn't think Sponge Bob Square Pants could be topped but I'm a Believer takes it pretty close :D

What are the tunes so far?

Nacho Novo - Macho Man
Boab Malcolm - Sponge Bob Square Pants
Marvin Andrews - I'm a Believer
Alex Rae - Stingray theme tune

can't remember the name of these ones:
Shota -
Dado Prso -
Stevie Thompson -

I reckon Ricksen's will be Fernando but he hasn't scored at home this season yet

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Teddy Bear said:
I reckon Ricksen's will be Fernando but he hasn't scored at home this season yet
They played that at Dens Park last year. Obviously a wind up and not knowing his maw is a top Abba fan club rep hence his name. Just as well she took a liking for Abba or we could have had a player called Englebert Ricksen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts