Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rangers need 3 points to keep the pressure on Celtic when they play Motherwell at Ibrox on Monday 27 November. Celtic will already have played on Boxing day when they travel to Tynecastle so it will either be a case of keeping the pressure on or maybe even a leapfrog to the top ;)

The Lanarkshire side are sitting 5th in the league having had a good season so far but are one of only 4 clubs yet to take points off either side of the Old Firm (the other 3 people Livingston, Dunfermlin and Kilmarnock). They have been on a good run of late but need to bounce back after a shock home defeat at the hands of Inverness last week.

These are Motherwell's last 5 SPL results:

• 1-2 Inverness CT (Home)
  • 2-0 Livingston (Home)
  • 1-0 Dundee United (Away)
  • 2-1 Dunfermline (Home)
  • 1-0 Hearts (Away)
The teams have met only once this season:

Motherwell 0(0)-(1)2 Rangers
Prso 7, 83

Rangers are without Lovenkrands, Vanoli, Arveladze and Moore (So?) for this game who all have injuries.

Nacho Novo can play in this game if required. He has served his initial one match ban already but the further two bans gained from his points tally don't need to be started before this game. Alot may depend on Sunday's result in Edinburgh.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
So if Novo doesn't play does that count as one match of his suspension? I didn't realise we had a choice in it...

I think the Davie Cooper banner is going to be unfurled at this game, should look good :)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how it works with Novo. From the way I read it on the official site it looked as if it was a choice for Rangers but after re-reading it that is not the case. It looked like he can play in this game but must miss the next two games. Hopefully he'll be right up for this one knowing he won't be playing again for a couple of weeks.

I didn't hear anything about the Davie Cooper banner, is that in memory of his death?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I forecast another difficult 90 minutes :boxing:. McLeish has dropped Rae again. I'm certain there's something going on behind the scenes with him. Full line-up:

--------------------Klos----------------------
Hutton----------------------------------Vignal
-----------Khizanishvili---Andrews--------------

-----------Malcolm----Mladenovic-------------
Ricksen------------------------------Arveladze

--------------Novo-------Prso----------------

The pitch is supposed to be in an even worse state than it has been. More like a beach than a football pitch.

Edit: Boumsong injured in the warm-up (possibly hamstring), Zurab replaces him. 1-0 already. Novo after 2 mins. As I write, 2-0. Novo after 15 mins. Nacho, Nacho man...

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Final score 4-1. Motherwell brought it back to 2-1 just after half-time, but Arveladze soon restored our 2 goal cushion and big Stevie came off the bench to add the 4th. Have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it appears to be on paper. We'll miss Nacho in the other two league games though. He's become one of our most important player's alongside the likes of Klos and Boumsong. Don't mind admitting I wasn't overly keen on him when we signed him, but i'm converted now. Pretty soon we'll be able to punt him to the Premiership for £5-7 million :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Final score 4-1. Motherwell brought it back to 2-1 just after half-time, but Arveladze soon restored our 2 goal cushion and big Stevie came off the bench to add the 4th. Have to say i'm pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it appears to be on paper. We'll miss Nacho in the other two league games though. He's become one of our most important player's alongside the likes of Klos and Boumsong. Don't mind admitting I wasn't overly keen on him when we signed him, but i'm converted now. Pretty soon we'll be able to punt him to the Premiership for £5-7 million :rolleyes:
I'll ignore the sarcasm ;) Good job there by the Gers. It's good to let m know, that they can't afford to lose or draw :) Do you reckon Thomson is the man to replace Nacho, or will it be Arveladze? If Arveladze only was what he was in his first Dutch year :(

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thompson is the man, he is a good player when he puts his mind to it. I was pleased when we signed, was very frustrating when he was injured last season and we were playing the ponce that was Nuno Capucho up front.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Eck RFC said:
Thompson is the man, he is a good player when he puts his mind to it. I was pleased when we signed, was very frustrating when he was injured last season and we were playing the ponce that was Nuno Capucho up front.
Still the patriot u was when u posted here regularly ;) Anyway good to see a sign of life from you again :)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Thompson took his goal really well - nice turn then shot. It's a shame about his injury problems because he has quite a good goals-to-game ratio (i think it's 16 in 31, and many of those have been as sub)

welcome back to XT 'eck :)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I've always liked Thompson. I thought it was a great deal when we virtually swapped for Dodds. Hopefully his injury problems are behind him now. I don't know if he'd be an automatic first-team player, but he offers something different from our other frontmen.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thompson has always given 100% which is always what you want to see in a Rangers shirt. If he could just get a run injury free I think he'd be a great player for us.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
He sounds exactly like the type of player I want to see more in the Rangers jersey, the type that never gives up fighting, I deffo prefer those over gifted passengers like JAB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts