Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow witnesses a 3pm Saturday kick-off at Ibrox since the 21st of August. Three points will take us back to the top, until Sunday at any rate.

Jean-Alain Boumsong is apparently still injured and isn't a certain starter for the Auxerre game either. His absence will either mean Khizanishvili moving into the middle with Hutton at right-back, or Malcolm moving back into defence with Alex Rae reclaiming his midfield place. Vignal is back in contention for the left-back slot, although Smith may be preferred before Wednesday's big match. Arveladze is also reportedly fit, so McLeish at least has the option of playing him on the left of midfield or up front. Rangers to win by a comfortable 2 goals to nil for me.

Possible line-up:

-------------------Klos------------------------
Hutton-------------------------------Vignal
----------Zurab----Andrews-------------
----------Malcolm---A. Rae--------------
Ricksen--------------------------Arveladze
------------Novo---Prso-----------------

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Not many options. I heard that Burkey won't be back till the new year at the earliest. I'm glad Lovenkrands is injured and just wished that Shirley Hughes was in the treatment room too. About time Mlad started or at least featured but we are well covered in there. Looking at the players we can choose from I think it's time McLeish tried a new formation, maybe a 4-3-3 since we are at home.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot about Mladenovic(again). He must be ready to start a game. I'd have thought a home game against one of the SPL lesser teams would be ideal.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rolleyes: Women!

Vanoli should be fit any week now, but he won't be playing because he's not that good.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He probably spends too much time doing his hair, rather than training to get into the Rangers team.

Your 1st question is for another time and place I think...

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Despite that he is still better than Ball at left back! I don't know if it's true or not but apparently he may be in line for coaching role next season. Anyone else heard anything on that?

A bit worried about the defence tomorrow, i think it will be the first game with without JAB this season :groan:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to laugh at an article in the Evening Times the other day. Described Ball as a "fan's favourite". It was written by a woman though...

Line-up today:

--------------------Klos------------------------

Zurab-------Malcolm-----Andrews---------Vignal

-----------Ricksen------Mladenovic-------------
Namouchi------------------------------Arveladze

-------------Novo-------Prso-------------------

Subs: Robinson(GK), Ball, Rae, Hutton, Smith, Watson, McLean.

Show us what you're made of Dragan.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2-0 after 5 minutes!!! Novo penalty and Prso. The new McCoist & Hateley? :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
:rolleyes: Women!

Vanoli should be fit any week now, but he won't be playing because he's not that good.
.."not that good"?.....hm, it's a subjective opinion only!=P when Vanoli has played at his last matches- all Gers were "not that good", not only Vanoli.. I don't know that McLeish will be do with him later, but would be rightly to give him a chance.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Great result and a walk in the park- top of the league again :)

About Vanoli, I'd agree mostly with Angle. No harm to the guy but he's not got it. He's too slow for a start and I'd honestly be surprised if he is there longer than the end of the current season. One problem in his favour is that McLeish had at times played him in left midfield and he can't play there. His attributes are all in defence. Vignal on the other hand who has yet to be pushed into midfield would be well suited there. Not Vanoli's fault but still not Ibrox material so I'm afraid he'll have to go. we haven't had a top class Italian since Marco Negri- now there was a player.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
LOL, why not Bob the builder? That is a bizarre choice though.

BTW, what's happening with Namouchi? In the last few weeks he doesn't look interested at all. Good to see the Dragan is back and hoepfully will start to get some match fitness under his belt now. Never thought it would be anything less than an easy victory today but then again I though Wilkie was back for this one :happy:

This week: Still in 4 competitions. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts