Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Sunday, another three points needed. The injuries are beginning to mount up on the back of a punishing fixture schedule. According to Alex McLeish the players missing are Maurice Ross, Gregory Vignal, Peter Lovenkrands, Steven Thompson and Shota Arveladze. Michael Ball is reportedly only one game away from his appearance threshold, so Smith is likely to start at left-back.

I think it'll be a very difficult 90 minutes, with Inverness not afraid to have a go at Rangers. The AZ game is bound to have taken a lot out of the players and there aren't many options for McLeish to freshen things up. He's spoken about getting Mladenovic into the team, but I don't think an away game at Inverness is the best place to re-introduce him to the fold. The most likely result is possibly Rangers to win by a single goal.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew it would be a difficult game. Losing a goal so early just re-inforces any feelings of tiredness that the players may have. I didn't see the game, but i'm guessing that we're getting a bit stale just now. I think McLeish, like O' Neill, will be aiming for damage limitation until the transfer window opens. I don't think there are as many easy games as there used to be, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I certainly don't understand why Hughes was preferred to Mladenovic. I didn't think Mladenovic would play because we'd need as combative a midfield as possible, but Hughes is hardly a tough tackler. Was old man Rae just rested today?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well that sucks. I was just being used to being on top again. :(

Its nice being up there.

Its typical that we should stumble against a team like Caly (no offence meant) after we've beaten Celtic then Hearts. Maybe UEFA cup hangover? No excuses though we should be able to beat teams like Caly (no offence meant).

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Damn, well a lot has to be done still, we lack the depth in the squad cos there were some replacements of regulars I never heard of!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Ah well, I suppose we had to drop points some time- it's been a while. The rest of the SPL are having a right go an the Old Firm now so I'd expect more points to be dropped along the way. No point in grumbling, ICT deserved their point.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing to do with the game, but I had this big stupid 'tic fan come up to me singing pish about Novo being a monkey. He said he'd waited years for this day to come when Rangers weren't top of the league?! Then he went away with 24 cans of tennent's mumbling something about 12 for Novo and 12 for McLeish. They're a funny species, these Celtic supporter's. :drunk:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Nothing to do with the game, but I had this big stupid 'tic fan come up to me singing pish about Novo being a monkey. He said he'd waited years for this day to come when Rangers weren't top of the league?! Then he went away with 24 cans of tennent's mumbling something about 12 for Novo and 12 for McLeish. They're a funny species, these Celtic supporter's. :drunk:
Probably a Celtic Park scout. :) To be fair though he's probably been in hiding for a week so a little stir crazy.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Celtic employees don't get caught in public pissed and singing offensive songs. Rangers employees on the other hand...

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
mincecfc said:
Celtic employees don't get caught in public pissed and singing offensive songs. Rangers employees on the other hand...
It wasn't that long afo Lennon was snapped falling out a night club in a drunken stupor.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
they don't get caught because they chase the photographer, beat him up then steal his camera :D
I suppose that depends on which newspaper you read. I'm guessing you took that story from the Daily Retard, which Lennon successfully sued over their wholly unfounded allegations in that article. :D

chivoexpiatorio said:
It wasn't that long afo Lennon was snapped falling out a night club in a drunken stupor.

Aye, but he wasn't singing a sectarian anthem, was he? ;)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I can't say what he was singing as it was pictures I saw- probably something by Abba as he had his dancing shirt on.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
I can't say what he was singing as it was pictures I saw- probably something by Abba as he had his dancing shirt on.
LMFAO, any chance you could look up that pic? :howler:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
UtregBear said:
LMFAO, any chance you could look up that pic? :howler:
I'll have a look but probably won't find it- could be all the copies of those images have mysteriously disappeared from circulation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts