Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We play Hearts on Sunday knowing that we have to keep winning. How frustrating would it be if, having done the supposedly hard work against Celtic, we drop stupid points against lesser teams? Fortunately Hearts are a different proposition at Ibrox than at Tynecastle. No doubt they'll be buoyed be their great European result, but I can't see anything other than a Rangers victory.

Alex Rae returns after his European suspension and should replace Malcolm in midfield. Lovenkrands place on the left must be under serious pressure after several inept performances. Arveladze could be in line to replace him after some productive substitute appearances. Vignal must be a doubt after dropping out of the Graz match apparently injured. Ball would be the obvious alternative, but is getting ever closer to the appearance clause in his contract. I think you'll find that if Rangers are winning comfortably Mladenovic will get a run-out for the last 20 minutes.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I think Ball only has another 2 games before the £500'000 so this might be the 2nd last time we see him blue on a Gers shirt...

What's up with Venoli?

Always a tricky game against Hearts, but hopefully we can win - it's essential we don't drop any points straight after the great result of last week!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have a bad feeling about this match, Hearts showed once again against Basle that incidentally they can be very hard to overcome..

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rangers 3-2 Hearts Rangers scorers: McAllister o.g.45, Novo 56, 81
Hearts scorers: Hartley pen 16, de Vries 66

There's only 1 Nacho Novo...

See you UtregBear!!! I would've blamed you if we hadn't managed to win. Top of the league at last. Hearts gave as good as they got, but we ground it out like true champions. I've said many times on XT that Novo was still to convince me. Not any more.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Great stuff :)

It was an exciting and pretty good to watch for neutrals...but we didn't play that great IMO Showed good spirit though to come from behind then raise the game late in the match after the Hearts equaliser.

De Vries gave Boumsong his hardest match since the start of the season - actually first time (and hopefully only!) i've seen him look in the least bit troubled by an opponent....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I'm a fellow bluenose, I don't post much.

Fantastic result!!!! I was worried for awhile today, I thought just as Celtic drop points and we have a chance to go top, we'd blow it. But I was wrong, thank god! We showed character and strength, last season we had none of that whatsoever.

Feels good to be on top again, where we should be.

Lets hope we can maintain it.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I missed the game unfortunately. I did catch the last half hour or so of the Dundee v Celtic game though so I saw the penalty from Hearts and the McAllister o.g. in the pub. My old man was at the game and said Prso missed two sitters and that Lovenkrands had another stinker. Credit to Robbo, although his weekly moaning about referees in starting to annoy me, for going out to attack at Ibrox. Was always going to be a tough game and I think they'll now give both sides of the old firm a real tough match at Tynecastle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts