Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Must win match with Inter having a walk in the park match versus SPAL at the San Siro.

Tomorrow the Balon D'oR winner will be officially revealed, hope it inspires Cristiano to a great performance...

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
Well, terrible gaffes by De Ligt and Buffon on that second goal, and another poor display which has finally caught up to us. Now we're one point behind Inter in second.

If they think we can play in this lackadaisical way and win the league, especially with Conte's Inter competing against us, they're going to have a rude awakening.

And really, why are we even rotating goalkeepers? Why can't Szczesny play every game except for let's say the Coppa? Does he really need that much rest as a keeper?

Or is this more likely about indulging Buffon? Despite De Ligt's gaffe, that was an extremely savable attempt at goal, and Buffon somehow let's that get away from him.

Lord help us if these shenanigans actually lose us a Scudetto.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Well, terrible gaffes by De Ligt and Buffon on that second goal, and another poor display which has finally caught up to us. Now we're one point behind Inter in second.

If they think we can play in this lackadaisical way and win the league, especially with Conte's Inter competing against us, they're going to have a rude awakening.

And really, why are we even rotating goalkeepers? Why can't Szczesny play every game except for let's say the Coppa? Does he really need that much rest as a keeper?

Or is this more likely about indulging Buffon? Despite De Ligt's gaffe, that was an extremely savable attempt at goal, and Buffon somehow let's that get away from him.

Lord help us if these shenanigans actually lose us a Scudetto.
Buffon was brought back specifically to break that Maldini appearance record. Which he did, and I think the idea is for him to extend the record. Hence his being played in games considered "easy". Other than that there is really no obvious reason for "resting" Szczesny.

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
I gathered that, i just think it's really awful hubris to think we can just play someone his age who is clearly past his best, and it won't come back to bite us in the ass.

It already has once now, i hope this will dislodge the complacency which has gripped the club.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts