Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is going to be a very difficult match, coming right after the International Break and just before the Champions League clash against Atletico. Cristiano is confirmed as missing, along with Alex Sandro and Rabiot. Cuadrado will also be rested after arriving late from International duty.

We have a bad recent record against Atalanta, having lost to the them in the Coppa and failing to beat them in Serie A.

GdS Predicted Lineups:

·
Administrator
52,307 Posts
Bit risky playing Pjanic no? Only recently they said he was seriously injured. Similar with Cuadrado back injury. But I'm glad latter is playing, he is huge for our wing play in this pedestrian style of play.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HT 0-0

Another atrocious display in a miserable day in Bergamo, constantly playing Berna as a trequartista must be the most mysterious secret in the footballing world...

Can't wait for Costa's cameo appearance to add some life to this team...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Phew

There was no chance I would've thought the team would drum up something like this after watching the first half..

The Szczesny save, the penalty miss, the de Ligt block... all chances that would've easily made it 3-0 up for Atalanta...

Kudos to Pipita for winning us the game, 2 goals and the assist for Dybala's goal...

De Ligt keeps on improving and slowly becoming a key player in the team...

There is obviously no place for Berna and Khedira anywhere near the starting lineup, the sooner Sarri realizes that the better the performances will be...

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
I don't know if we can afford to play this badly and rely on individual brilliance to win, and still think we can win this Scudetto with Inter breathing down our necks.

There's still a big chance they don't make the CL knockouts, and if they don't they'll have nothing but the league to focus on.

I really hope we don't do what Allegri tried to do last season, play like crap for 3/4 of the season and then somehow believe we can raise our level at the business end of the season in the CL and in the league.

We're already close to December and the team still doesn't seem to be finding any kind of form. We need to improve and fast.

I wouldn't be surprised if Conte is telling them that we look vulnerable and they just need to maintain their pace, and they can pipe us at the end, or wait for us to falter and open up an advantage going into the last stretch.

We need to improve, individual quality can only get you so far.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if we can afford to play this badly and rely on individual brilliance to win, and still think we can win this Scudetto with Inter breathing down our necks.

There's still a big chance they don't make the CL knockouts, and if they don't they'll have nothing but the league to focus on.

I really hope we don't do what Allegri tried to do last season, play like crap for 3/4 of the season and then somehow believe we can raise our level at the business end of the season in the CL and in the league.

We're already close to December and the team still doesn't seem to be finding any kind of form. We need to improve and fast.

I wouldn't be surprised if Conte is telling them that we look vulnerable and they just need to maintain their pace, and they can pipe us at the end, or wait for us to falter and open up an advantage going into the last stretch.

We need to improve, individual quality can only get you so far.
Agreed that the team needs to improve and have been playing like crap for most of the season so far, but looking at Inter's performances they have also been winning most matches without really dominating the opposition with Lautaro and Lukaku carrying their team

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
If i know Conte like i think i do, he will not hesitate to give the league preference over the CL even if Inter get to the knockout stage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts