Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before our top of the table clash against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu next week, we have a tough game against 4th place Atletico.

Jorge Lopez is going to be out for 3 weeks therefore he won't be avaiable :( Aimar remains a doubt for the game but good news is that Pellegrino is fit and Fabio Aurelio could be in the squad aswell! :)

We can't drop anymore points, epseically with the big game coming up so let's hope for a win!

I'll probably be able to watch the game, so if everything goes as planned, I'll post a match report!

AMUNT VALENCIA!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
To win this match is a major morale boaster before our big RM derby. So we really need to give our very best to grab all 3 points.

I'm glad to know J.Lopez is out. He played badly for the last couple of matches. We could expect a Aurelio subsititue after 45mins and god bless for Aimar to be fit and @ his best.

;) :happy: :star:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
So is Rufete the substitute for J. Lopez? And who´d you prefer to start Marchena or Pellegrino?

·
Registered
76 Posts
valencia in 2nd half was amasing......mista played the best game of season with 2 goals...the 2nd one was very very nice he make simeone look like a little boy but best goal was vicente.......wow !!!

valencia score 9 goals in 2 matches after not scoring in 3 matches

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
great game of mista and vicente.
what a goal from vicente! :eek:
i never knew mista is so professional in header. :cool:
and ayala seems to jump up once to two-floor height! :stuckup: :dazed:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great game and result!

Sorry guys, I can't make a report as I was watching the game on and off :( But from what I saw Vicente looked unstoppable! Mista was having a brilliant game!

Fabio Aurelio is back! :happy:

9 goals in two games WITHOUT Aimar. :dazed:

That second goal by Vincete was magnificent! Mista's second was nice aswell!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Liga Report: Valencia Too Good For Ten-Man Atletico
Valencia - Atletico de Madrid | Latest News | Match Report | News Archive

02/07/2004. Valencia stayed in touch with Real Madrid at the top of La Liga with a 3-0 win over ten-man Atletico Madrid at the Mestalla.

Mista gave them the lead on the half-hour mark, before Sergei was sent off on 51 minutes after receiving his second yellow card.

Vicente made it 2-0 on 67 minutes, and Mista completed the scoring with his second of the game shortly afterwards.
SA Europe

soccerage

·
Registered
778 Posts
I saw the game... :)
The first half was very balanced, with Valencia dominating slightly. But there were no goal-scoring chances on either side. Most of the action was in midfield. The first goal, scored by Mista, came from a corner taken by Vicente. I fault the keeper on this one as he was in the middle of nowhere. I think had he been on his line or further back he would have stopped the header as it wasn't a powerful one.
The second half was a much different story with Atletico opening up its game to try to equalize, and Valencia counter attacking. Also, it greatly helped that after 7 minutes only, Sergi got his second yellow after handling the ball in midfield. I personally thought the yellow was a bit harsh. Initially Atletico didn't seem too bothered by this as they tried to take the initiative and attack. However, this eventually opened up big holes on the left side of Atletico's defence. Valencia's last two goals were very nice, with a special mention to Vicente's 20-yard lob from a difficult angle and with two defenders on him. Mista's goal was also nice: Angulo got free on the right, crossed the ball to Mista, alone around the 15-yards, who faked a shot for the rushing Simeone, and cooly placed the ball to the left of the net. I highly recommend you download these two goals from ciberche!
Anyway, the second half was all Valencia's. They could have scored another two goals.

A few notes:
-Everyone had a very good game (except maybe for Xisco and Garrido)
-Vicente was just unstoppable. He drove the defenders crazy. Best game I saw him play in a very long time.
-Albelda left the game injured. It looked like a sprained ankle. I hope it's not serious and he can play next weekend.
-Xisco also left the game injured. He injured his thigh muscle. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out 2-3 weeks.
-Sanchez came in! He looked very slow. We're running very thin on offense...
-Aurelio also came in with about 8 minutes to go. He received a huge ovation.
-I am worried about our right-back position. Frankly, neither Curro nor Garrido have the talent to be starters in Valencia. Subs maybe but not starters.

On to Real Madrid!!!

Ziad

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ziad said:

A few notes:

-Sanchez came in! He looked very slow. We're running very thin on offense...
I think Mista, Oliviera and an un-fit Sanchez would be enough for this season. I mean if we get into trouble, we can play Xisco/Aurelio/Angulo/Sissoko in that position.

Ziad said:

-I am worried about our right-back position. Frankly, neither Curro nor Garrido have the talent to be starters in Valencia. Subs maybe but not starters.
Completly agree.Heck I think Garrido isn't even good enough to be our back up!

Ziad said:

On to Real Madrid!!!
:fero:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts