Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest game of the season and for us probably the toughest since we are going to play at the Bernabeu a stadium in which we haven't done well in our past few counters. Rafa is going to have all the players at his disposal for this one while Real Madrid will be without Zidane(unless......).

In the latest training sessions it seems like Aimar and Mista will start upfront while the defence will be formed by Garrido:scared:, Ayala, Marchena and Carboni. The midfield will probably be formed of Jorge Lopez, Baraja, Albelda and Vicente. So basically, we'll have our best possible team out there!

Canizares will play his 300th game on sunday and in an interview he spoke about the main topic in spanish football these days, the referees and he said that he hopes that the referee won't be the deciding factor in this game because in our last 3 visits it has been that way.. He's referring to Ilie's disallowed goal, Aimar's sending off and the last game in the copa.. I don't like all this referee talk because it will only make our players more tense and I don't think we'll need that!

AMUNT VALENCIA!! :fero:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Lotsa anticipation for this game and could well be the La Liga winners. Our defense is a big ? when Garrido starts. This guy sux like hell. He can't defend nor attack and doesn't even deserved a place in the reserve/youth squad. Pls tell Benitiez to look for a better replacement next season.

:rollani:

With Aimar just returning from injury, I wouldn't expect too much of him. If we are trailing by a goal after 1st half, there's a chance for Oliveiria to play.

:star:AMUNT VALENCIA:star:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tears4Fears said:

With Aimar just returning from injury, I wouldn't expect too much of him. If we are trailing by a goal after 1st half, there's a chance for Oliveiria to play.

He has been training for almost a week now. He almost made it to the Atletico game but was ruled out as a precaution since we had this game coming I think. Whenever Aimar is playing he'll always be our leader and we will always expect alot of him, he's a world class player and we should expect nothing less from him, especially in big games like this one. I strongly doubt he'll be subbed at halftime.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Be it angulo, or rufete or jorge lopez, its quite ok as they are all quite good.....

What puzzles me is the inclusion of garrido.
Any idea whats the rationale behind that?
Are they planning to send him go injure ronaldo or ...something like that ?
Like what cameroon did to maradona in the past....:stress::howler:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I hope it'll be a good match, I'm going to just enjoy it as it's a win-win situation with the draw as the best possible outcome but I don't mind a Valencia win or even a Madrid win if they play well.

Lots of pressure for Tristante Oliva...

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think we need to talk about the ****ing ridiculous penalty decision... :mad:

A boring game, we sat back and contained Real's attack and depended on counters which never really came because Aimar and Vicente received very few balls.

Marchena was bad IMO, he made 3 bad mistakes which could've led to goals if it wasn't for Canizares and Raul's poor finishing.

AMUNT VALENCIA!!!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Depor clearly profited from that decision this time but I'm sorry that it happened again. Anyone remembers Real Madrid - Deportivo in December? If we started to count the points Madrid really deserved during the season, we won't get much.

I agree about Marchena, he almost gifted the lead to Madrid in the beginning with a terrible backpass. Garrido showed his lack of technique as well but Ayala was nice and solid together with the defensive midfielders. Good defensive performance. 0-1 ;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just too ridiculous and infuriating to discuss this "game"...

Ziad

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
as i remember, this is the 200th la liga match for canizares. he must not forget it anyway. and last night again proved canizares is the better one in spain. saez should not pick casillas. and marchena should wait 10 more years for the seat in the national team.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just some quotes!

"justice was finally done in the last minute when Figo converted a penalty on Raúl." From www.realmadrid.es (totally not biased:rolleyes:)

"Ortí critizised Valdano's behaviour and fears the referee at Madrid" read more (in spanish) at www.ciberche.net

I guess all this could had been foreseen!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts