Xtratime Community banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Would've been unbelievable if Sporting lost. A debatable penalty call (I'd rather not say which way it'd go), and countless Sporting domination.

In the end, the right team got to the final, and hopefully the right team will win it.

· Registered
133 Posts
We´re In The Finals

Eheh

· Registered
133 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
now i understand why Alvalade stadium is called the bathroom
the portuguese word for your post is: INVEJA!

· Registered
75,987 Posts
Congrats to Sporting and hopefully they'll now win the UEFA Cup at home. Personally I've enjoyed your football (as well as that of AZ) and I'm rooting for you lot to win it against CSKA.

I've said it before and I'm saying it now and again, Sporting's defence SUCKS. In AZ's opener Perez wasn't marked, and he headed the ball in from close range. And then the second goal, Van Galen's through ball from AZ's half of the pitch somehow found it's way to Ali Al Khattabi (who wasn't marked) and when he screwed up, the ball also found another free striker (Huysegems) who couldn't have possibly missed an open goal. The third goal also came as a result of zero marking during a set piece...

I don't know if it's down to the quality of the defenders Sporting have or if it's due to communication problems and/or poor defensive organization, but surely their defence is a big weakpoint.

P.S. Rui Jorge is one lucky mother ****** :tongue: as he could've possibly been hanged if Sporting crashed out of the competition, as his cheeky backheel was the reason why Sporting conceded the corner kick that led to the third goal. What the feck was he thinking ? :D Peseiro subbed him off almost immediately for Niculae.

· Registered
7,939 Posts
Congrats Sporting ... now it's all set for the "Lisbon-revenge" against CSKA Moscow. :party:
Hope Peseiro will be clever enough to from now on only play his B-team in the league, sice the UEFA-cup is more important ;) :D

· Administrator
25,993 Posts
Bier said:
Hope Peseiro will be clever enough to from now on only play his B-team in the league, sice the UEFA-cup is more important ;) :D
aahhaahah i was saying the same this morning to my friend:D

arent we benfiquistas so thoughtful?:D

· Registered
7,939 Posts
inacio said:
aahhaahah i was saying the same this morning to my friend:D

arent we benfiquistas so thoughtful?:D
Oh yes we are. :star: :D Peseiro would do good, when doing what we tell him, as we are just interested in Portugal being represented the best way possible on international stage ;)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.