1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 20 - 8/2/04 (15.00)
Parma - Lazio

Stadio Tardini

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The race for that fourth Champions¡¦ League spot is hotting up and anything less than a win for either of these two sides would prove disastrous, both on a sporting and economic level.

Parma and Lazio are struggling with well-publicised financial problems this year and look to Champions¡¦ League qualification as a saving grace. Both were held to a draw last week and, coupled with Inter¡¦s convincing victory over Siena, handed the Nerazzurri a distinct advantage in this particular race. The two sides also clashed in the Coppa Italia quarter-finals last month, the Biancocelesti pushing their way through 3-1 on aggregate.

In Week 3 this fixture saw Parma emerge 3-2 winners from an exhilarating tie at the Stadio Olimpico, although goalscorer Adriano has now moved on to less troubled shores. Mark Bresciano bagged a brace in that game and has stayed on despite the mass sales, but a defensive reshuffle is forced by one match bans to Matteo Ferrari and Marco Donadel. Veterans Antonio Benarrivo and Benito Carbone therefore step in to the breach.

Lazio are still dealing with the aftermath of Dejan Stankovic¡¦s departure to Inter and continue to have problems finishing off games. Too often this season Roberto Mancini¡¦s men have been leading only to throw points away in the second half, held to a 1-1 draw by Sampdoria last week. Simone Inzaghi should be ready for his comeback after recovering from a fractured wrist, while Bernardo Corradi and Claudio Lopez continue their search for form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma (probable): Frey; Benarrivo, Cannavaro, Castellini, Seric; Barone, Bresciano; Marchionni, Morfeo, Carbone; Gilardino

Lazio (probable): Peruzzi; Oddo, Stam, Mihajlovic, Favalli; Fiore, Giannichedda, Liverani, Cesar; Corradi, Lopez

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I respect your team (I do) but we will punish you guys.

1 - 3 I´m sticking with this result.

We are just in fine shape at the moment with lots of players back and a high spirit. We will win.

Ps. I would have been less certain if Ferrari played - he´s not going to.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I think the game will be very difficult. Parma are traditionally tough team to play against for us and most of our players would be tired after the Coppa game. Of course we now have a confidence boost but still it will be tough.

------------------Peruzzi------------------

--Oddo---Stam---Couto----Zauri------

--Fiore---Dabo---Liverani----Cesar---

----Corradi----------Inzaghi---------

Albertini needs a rest after the Thursday game although he coulod be a useful sub or play half of the game. Liverani seems to be a very good form, Dabo is fresh and I think we need Inzaghi's goal scoring skills upfront.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
We beat them in the Coppa but that doesn't mean anything now. I'm always a wreak when we play Parma because that fixture is always so upsetting. They are a good team and they usually do well against us.

FORZA LAZIO !!

·
International
6,519 Posts
Biancoceleste said:
We beat them in the Coppa but that doesn't mean anything now. I'm always a wreak when we play Parma because that fixture is always so upsetting. They are a good team and they usually do well against us.

FORZA LAZIO !!
I can just put my name under this post. Well said.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mancini eyes end to Tardini curse Sunday 8 February, 2004

Roberto Mancini hopes to build on Lazio¡¦s Coppa Italia triumph by getting back on track at the Stadio Tardini.

¡§We hadn¡¦t won at Milan for 14 years, but we did it,¡¨ commented the Coach. ¡§Now is the time to end our Parma taboo as well.¡¨

The Capital club has often struggled in this fixture, not taking away all three points since 1999 and suffering three consecutive defeats.

¡§The team is doing well right now and there are plenty of games left until the end of the season. Anything can still happen.¡¨

These two sides are battling for the precious fourth Champions¡¦ League spot, currently held by Inter, but Parma already aimed a warning shot by winning 3-2 at the Stadio Olimpico.

¡§Adriano may have left now,¡¨ added Mancini, ¡§but Parma remains a great squad and their Coach Cesare Prandelli is doing a brilliant job.¡¨

Lazio are flying high after putting one foot in the Coppa Italia Final, but must keep that confidence rolling.

¡§I would be happy to win even with an own goal,¡¨ smiled the former player, ¡§even if I believe Inter remain the favourites for that European placement. After all, they were the only ones to benefit from the Adriano and Dejan Stankovic deals.¡¨

channel4

================

i smell a draw... :D:howler:;)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
65 mins gone, we are winning 3-0!! :happy:

Lopez seems to be on fire! Two goals(one was a penalty but anyway.. ;) ) and he assisted Corradi's goal aswell as almost lobbing Frey for another goal!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
3:0 for us it ended, that's unbelievable!:star: :star:
Too bad I was unable to watch the game but who cares, we won very important points against a direct opponent for the CL spot. GRANDE LOPEZ! FORZA LAZIO!:star:
BTW, Inter did not show anything special today so we have a good chance for the 4th place, IMO.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
:star: What a great victory!! :happy: When we play like this we are a really good team capeable of beating just about anyone. 3-0 and we could have won even more if Lopez' lob, Oddo's freekick and Corradi's open goal went in. Amazing save by Frey on that last one but Corradi really should have scored. Parma's defence was just terrible today.

Stam and Couto worked well together, Fiore is a star player and Lopez was surprisingly good today. :eek: Dodgy penalty but we should've gotten one earlier. I really liked watching Lazio today because everyone put so much effort into it. A pleasure. :)

FORZA LAZIO !!

·
International
6,519 Posts
Amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes... We beat them again !!! It is one of the few days we can agree that IT'S GOOD TO BE LAZIALE TODAY !!!

Grande LAZIO!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Excellent victory! :happy: And what a week: first Milan, now Parma! Lazio is back on track! :)

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
:happy:

Surprising week indeed! We played awesome!

Lopez, finally back! His partnership with Corradi was :thumbsup:

Aserejé, ja deje tejebe tu de jebere sebiunouba
majavi an de bugui an de buididipí

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm at North America and there is no football game on TV. I paid 4 Euro and I watched the whole game through internet... I'm so glad the money are not wasted! :)

We could have won 2-3 more goals if our strikers stayed cool and gently put the ball in. Our strikers are too agressive, they got nuts when they touch the ball... either shoot right on or pass to a no-man-land. Most of our goals are the work from Lopez, who escaped the offside trap.

Liverani was very confident, made mistakes occassionally but the attempts were good. Overall I think we have too many running-type midfield.. we need a key player who can keep the ball and organize the rhythm of the game... so that we don't always rely on fast break.

Just some thought.. ;)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Kataweb ratings:

LAZIO(4-3-3): Peruzzi sv, Oddo 6, Stam 6.5, Couto 6, Favalli 6, Fiore 7, Dabo 5.5 (46' Albertini 6), Liverani 6.5 (58' Giannichedda 6), Zauri 6.5, Corradi 7. (71' Inzaghi sv), Lopez 7.5. (33 Sereni, 11 Mihajlovic, 8 Cesar, 18 Muzzi).
Coach: Mancini 7.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I Watched all the goals from www.sslazio.it and it was amazing..
lopez is back...and lazio back on track...and on wednesday...another victories is coming...:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts