1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 17 - 17/1/04 (18.00)
Modena-Lazio

Stadio Braglia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two teams in crisis go head to head and anything less than a victory could have strong repercussions.

Lazio¡¦s off the field problems are creeping into their play and the Biancocelesti have now lost two games on the trot to less than impressive opposition. Minnows Reggina and Brescia tore them apart and confidence is at an all time low. Bernardo Corradi, Roberto Muzzi and Massimo Oddo return from suspension to shore up the squad, but Sinisa Mihajlovic is sidelined with a one-match ban.

Coach Roberto Mancini should at last be able to field his preferred formation with Claudio Lopez taking the left flank around front two Corradi and Muzzi. Demetrio Albertini is in doubt with a muscular problem, so Fabio Liverani retains his place.

Modena have not won a Serie A game since November 2 and were hammered 4-0 at Siena last week. In their last two outings the Canarini have conceded a total of seven goals without scoring a single one, so some changes have to be made. Diomansy Kamara is on international duty with Senegal, while Ponzo is suspended following his red card. Carlo Taldo comes in to partner Nicola Amoruso, although Fabio Liverani is another option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modena (probable): Ballotta; Pivotto, Cevoli, Grandoni; Balestri, Campedelli, Marasco, Domizzi; Taldo, Amoruso

Lazio (probable): Peruzzi; Oddo, Couto, Stam, Favalli; Lopez, Liverani, Stankovic, Fiore; Muzzi, Corradi

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Carson35 said:
Carlo Taldo comes in to partner Nicola Amoruso, although Fabio Liverani is another option.
Channel 4 apparently thinks Liverani will play for both teams.:tongue: ;) :D

No excuses should be accepted this time and we simply need to win. Modena are without their star Camarra, most of our injured players are back if we don't win the crisis would be more than obvious. Cesar is likely to be in the starting line-up or maybe we will try 4-3-3.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Go Modena!:)

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I hope for a Lazio win so that the race for a UCL spot will be exciting:)

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
GaGa said:
You bastard...:mad: :fero: :nasty:
But that doesnt mean Parma cant prevail and Grab the UCL 4th spot!

Forza Parma! Go parma!....

p/s:parmalat suck:D

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Narentino said:
But that doesnt mean Parma cant prevail and Grab the UCL 4th spot!

Forza Parma! Go parma!....

p/s:parmalat suck:D
We can get CL spot...

and yes Parmalat sucks...:D

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Boyo you could have atleast of deleted the little discussion with me and Narentino...thats off topic as well. :)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I can't wait to see Cesaretto back on the pitch! :star: I don't think he'll start but I'm pretty sure Mancio will give him some playtime and then start him against Parma in the cup!

I'm impressed with Deki-Liverani partnership and I hope it continues as long as possible. Although the midfield looks a little too attack minded but I like C4's line up. Oddo HAS to start and we should stick Stam in the center of defence. The Muzzi-Corradi partnership is yet to impress but I think Muzzi is slowly gaining some confidence especially after his goal in midweek, while we can't complain about Corradi.

So I'd start with that same line up and then make changes (Cesar and Giannichedda) according to the what happens in the game.

We need a win!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Players called for the game: Albertini, Casazza, Cesar, Colonnese, Corradi, Couto, Dabo, Delgado, Favalli, Fiore, Giannichedda, Gottardi, Inzaghi, Liverani, Lopez, Muzzi, Oddo, Peruzzi, Sereni, Stam, Stankovic, Zauri.

Inzaghi is still injured though but will travel with the team.
Also Mancini called for the players to concentrate on the game only not on the shareholders meeting which is also tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Please stay on topic for a change.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts