1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
End of first half

USA 2 Sweden 0

Scorers:
Lilly, Parlow

The Swedes did put up a good fight, credits to their brave goalkeeper. Also of interest, the ref of this match is from China.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
The Swedes who were ranked 5th in the world were out played by the US in the first half by far. Though the Swedes came out with a vengance to start the second half putting the US on its heels and drawing a goal back. Though it was short lived and the US took controle of the match once more and ended up scoring there third goal from a MIA Hamm corner.
Sorry to say but i cant see anyone beating the US if they manage to stay focused as they are far to deep in talent comming off the bench.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PAULMAY said:
Sorry to say but i cant see anyone beating the US if they manage to stay focused as they are far too deep in talent coming off the bench.
I agree with you.

But why are you "sorry" to say that? Are you rooting for another team?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Yah I am but, At the same time I like rooting for the Underdog and it seems The US is the Womans Brasil team. Everyone wants to see them beaten.
I found Myself wanting Sweden to get back in the game after half time and was glad to see them do it, yet they fell short as the US were far too strong.

I Think it would be better served Wonens football to have more parity in the games so viewers wouldnt get dispondent over the fact that the US team should win this again.

Just My 2 cents worth anyway.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
This is a very disappointing result for Sweden, they seemed to think they had a good team going, but they were outplayed by USA. Hopefully they just had a bad day, and will bounce back.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was impressed with Hanna Ljungberg, the "iron woman". :strong:

When I saw her take that hit from Briana Scurry and land on her head, I was sure she'd be out of commision for days. But she came back moments later.

Then she took a hard-kicked ball in the face and shook it off.

None of this seemed to limit her effectiveness. She must be either in great physical condition or in great pain (maybe both?). :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts