Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao fellow Laziale !!

Here´s how our team played today ( sunday ).

The game started in a very slow pace and the first 5 or so minutes showed a Lazio that didn´t want to play or even be out of bed this sunday - understandable after such a huge season and with all the friendlies this week. As the game progressed so did Lazio and soon it was us that had all the pressure but no structure. Venezia counter attacked but they where very nervous and didn´t hit the frame in the first 30 or so minutes.

Lazio showed technical skill and Veron delivered some amazing passes ( this guy is just the best no comparison ) and here is where the refs started getting on my nerves. Atleast 3 times in very dangerous situations Lazio where deemed to be offside and it just wasn´t so, proof came with the replays.

Lazio looked like a team that had hugely underestimated their opponents and most Lazio players where probably waiting for the Venezia players to score own goals - no Lazio player looked interested in scoring except of course for Nedved who I want to clone for next season ( Cragnotti look for players in Ukraine, Romania, Checzh and Russia for next seasons transfers - these guys never behave like spoiled brats.

Simeone a strange guy for a south american doesn´t mind some pain as he through his body into hurling legs to head home a Pancaro cross :) Bravo Simeone for showing heart !!

Lazio had after the first 20 minutes turned up the pace and Venezia could do nothing but defend themselves. We dominated corners as always but created nothing with them. After the first goal Lazio played even better and soon a new Pancaro shot found it´s way to Mancini and instead of firing home his 156th goal he showed great heart and gave the goal to Simone who instantly pointed and ran for Mancini :) Great Goal Manco :)

Before that there was a situation which I for no money in the world will buy - There was a high flying ball in the Venezia box, Manco freed himself of his defender who threw himself to the ground ( Manco is 36 the defender is 25something and like 10 inches higher and generally bigger then Manco so how the ref could make it a Manco foul I just can´t belive ) Manco read the ball and with a beautiful bicylekick he would have scored if not a Venezia defender saved the ball with his hands !! ok the ref blew but for what ?? Stupid mofo !!!

Second half and Lazio looked soooooooo unispired it was a pity to see. Pancaro, Negro and Simeone wasted soo many passes I thought they where sleepwalking. Negro wouldn´t run and so Venezia could score because there was no defender marking the Venezia player. Lazio played at 50% and Venezia showed that they are going to play in Serie B next season creating nothing against a sleepy Lazio.

Sensini came in for Mancini and now some balance was back in Lazio - but do we really need 5 midfielder and 4 defenders against Venezia ( ready for serie B ) on Olimpico ??

Salas came in for Simone and wasted 2 clear goals .. I couldn´t belive he missed the second since he was already past the goalie but just couldn´t finish the way he should !!! Lombardo came in for Conceciao and the game was locked down.

A superb Mihajlovic corner setup the own goal and with 15 seconds left to play Lazio just didn´t have the legs to catch a venezia counter attack and 3 - 2 was the result.

Scores:

Luca - 6: Solid but still when will this guy save us ?? Luca saves the shots he is supposed to save but I haven´t seen a briliant save from him this season.

Pancaro - 5.5: I felt he wasn´t doing his job today and he spread alot of passes around. Sloopy game from Pancaro but then there was the 1½ assist he made :) I guess Gazzetta will give him a 6 but nothing more

Mihajlovic - 6: I can´t say I felt safe with Mihajlovic but he does great with his passes. Poor defending great attacking.

Nesta - 6: Uninspired and can a captain on be uninspired on Olimpico ?? Still took care of the few dangerous moments and is the only real defender in Lazio with Couto.

Negro - 5.5: Bad game, pale, must take blame for the 2 - 1 goal and possibly the 3 - 2 goal. Didn´t have the legs today.

Simeone - 6.5: Ok game but the goal gives him the .5 extra. Simeone can´t bring stability to the midfield the way Almeyda does and we are so often exposed without Almeyda !! How are we going to live through the next season if Cragnotti ( when ) sells Almeyda ????

Veron - 6.5: I´m not the person to score Veron to me he is simply the perfect playmaker and I hardly see his flaws. Veron gets the ball and he provides a perfect pass from 1 - 50 meters without having to think, adjust, lookup, judge or aim - this guy is a pokemon. Veron was good today and it´s a pity only Nedved has the skill to match Verons passes. Next season with Lopez and Veron we´ll be dangerous beyond words :)

Nedved 6.5: Strange grade today - if Nedved would have scored I´d give him 7.5 but because he dove so many times I´m giving him 6.5 ( we don´t like divers ). Nedved was just great and it would take to much space to tell you guys why but he challanges the opponents as soon as he gets the ball, he has the best left foot this side of texas and he is fast and technical - my guess is that Nedved won´t be sold :) ever.

Conceciao 6: It´s always hard to mark Conceciao - why ?? well 90% of his crosses result in nothing but I belive that he needs to make them anyway because there is always added pressure. Conceciao should try and go more for the goal instead of crossing. Link Conceciao with Jardel/Beirhoff/Andersson or any other airial player and he´ll be worth tons of gold. In Lazio he´s fast and can dribble but his shot should be more directed at the goal.

Simone - 6: Didn´t do much today but was still there and he´s so much more alert and agressive then Salas.

Mancini - 6: Good game and a wonderful gesture giving Simone that goal when he could have scored easily.

Salas - N/a: Should have scored atleast once.

Sensini - 6: Came in and Lazio started playing better.

Lombardo - N/a

Ref: 5 - 4 yellow cards to Lazio for protesting ?? to many bad offside calls and he was ugly.

Eriksson: How can you judge your manager ?? I guess Eriksson was good, he didn´t take out his gameboy or fell asleep.

Final notes: I think it´s a very bad idea to sell Almeyda. Simeone no matter how much joy he has brought us he´s only our 5th midfielder and that´s when we use 1 striker. Lazio must play 4 - 4 - 2 and in that system Almeyda must play because our midfield looks so easy to run through without him. Conceciao won´t defend, Veron ok some defending and not bad defending but no where as good as Almeyda or even Simeone. Nedved defendes better then Veron but he´s out on the wing and that´s where he belongs.

I just want to say that today Lazio didn´t play well but we won and 3 - 2 should have been 3 - 1 because that last goal came when all Lazio players had stopped running - they thought the game was over and after the goal I think I saw some Lazio smiles ;)

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Some have suggested that after we were 2-0 up and at the same time Juve were already trailing by 2 goals, our players felt that it was somewhat secured and lost their fighting spirit!
Gosh we can't afford that! 'Till the final whistle is blown, anything is still possible! Think the CL final...theoretically in x minutes there can be x no. of goals.
And sadly some of our defeats this season were partly because of this lack of ense of urgency...well it's good since you won't panic but heyyy...we must still be on our toes! Please, please don't be complacent when we're already leading...especially with the refereeing today I was so afraid that Venezia could make it a draw :(
Keep on fighting, Lazio!

Forza Lazio

C

·
0 Posts
Its been said before by others - but I must say it again - you write great Match Reports
Have you any education in that field or what ?

Thanks anaway :) :)!!!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
for a week now, i had the quietest football week of this season....it was probably because we are out of the CL and we were 5points away from juve....today has given me so much enery..i am so excited about next week..i hope our players do feel the same and play a hell of a match to prove that they havent given up since its only 2 points now.

i hope parma beats juve next week.
i hope we play great next week also

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great report svennis, but you forgot one thing though.

After Luca´s little trip to nowhere a Venezia-player (can´t remember who) shot and Luca didn´t manage to catch the ball but Negro stood on the goalline to kick it away.

Well....he did something good today :)

Forza Lazio !!

A

·
0 Posts
Svennis, just want to add/correct a couple of things in your match report. :)

On Venezia's first goal, it was not Negro who did not run. It was Conceicao who didn't made it to stop Pedone. Negro marked his player who was in a central position. Let's not blame Negro, who has been blamed wrongly too many times.
On the second goal it is surely NOT Negro's fault, if there is someone to blame it is Nesta…but I don't think we should blame a single player, instead we should say that things like that happens and it was the whole teams' fault.

What's wrong with 5 midfielders and 4 defenders, when you have to control the game ? I prefer to win, rather than play with 3 attackers and let Venezia score a couple of goals on counter attack… but it's probably only my opinion…

Also I would give the rate 7 to every Lazio player, because playing against Venezia who has everything to win, while Lazio has everything to loose is not that easy. Also because in a game that was very important and where the players listened more to the News from Verona it is not easy to keep up the concentration.

Forza Lazio

E

·
0 Posts
Svennis, you say that have not seen any great save from Luca this season...common!!!

Luca has been one of the best players this season, he did saved our as in a number of occasions...

good post otherwise

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i am very very happ to hear that the victory, when lazio against venezia, i still in the mountain, so when i go back at home, my little sister shout me that lazio win and juve loose, everything will be ok, and i am very confident that lazio will win the lo scudetto. viva lazio , viva svennis, viva cragnotti

i love lazio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts