Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the best match you saw this past year from January 2004-December 2004.

I've seen a lot of football matches this year and the best match I saw was Werder Bremen 4-4 Stuttgart in March.

The Sweden-Netherlands Quarterfinal game was one of the best goalless draws I have ever seen. Who can forget Van Der Sar's trickery with the "shoot this way" and "I told you to shoot that way"

If we get enough suggestions for games can a moderator please make this into a poll, thanks.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Holland - Czech Republic 2-3 was the most breathtaking game I have seen this year.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Prince-O said:
Holland - Czech Republic 2-3 was the most breathtaking game I have seen this year.
Agreed! Fantastically entertaining game :happy:

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Prince-O said:
Exactly!
I was in Czech Republic for the game and even us foreigners went bananas.
Nice to see Van Nancibooy's appalling diving during the game getting him nowhere as well.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Yeah, definately Holland/Czech for me. I'm sure a lot of people will say Arsenal/Spurs but the Holland/Czech game was made by great attacking not poor defending.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
my favourite game was Spurs v City in the F.A.Cup stunning comeback and Wrighty's boy was the driving force. :shades:

for sheer technical mastery of the football i vote the "Disneyland of football" that was Arsenal's hammering of Villa.

best competitive match with great techniques and an unbending pace was Arsenal v Chelsea although the defending of set-pieces was a bit of a downer. :cry:

·
63,337 Posts
big mention for Liverpool's amazing comeback against Olympaikos. :thmbup:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
whts up with the epl jern :D

ofcoure holland x czech,, from 2-0 down to win 2-3 in a magnificant match!!

·
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Yeah, definately Holland/Czech for me. I'm sure a lot of people will say Arsenal/Spurs but the Holland/Czech game was made by great attacking not poor defending.
I think your memory is playing a bit of tricks Rob, there was plenty of poor defending in that game as well as goos attacking.

was a great match though, one of the only Internationals i have enjoyed all season.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
i really really enjoyed the Arsenal vs Middlesborough 5-3 Game.

It was the game arsenal needed to avoid defeat in to equal the forest record. And after trying so so hard people were wondering whether they would bottle it. They went 3-1 down on 50 minutes with 2 goals in quick succession. Everyone was now thinking that they were going to blow it, and then suddenly all the arsenal players went absolutely mad with adrenaline and played some of the most amazing football i have ever seen for the last 40 minutes and won 5-3. Also, the commentary for the reyes goal was pure class. :)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think your memory is playing a bit of tricks Rob, there was plenty of poor defending in that game as well as goos attacking.

was a great match though, one of the only Internationals i have enjoyed all season.

Well poor Vs abysmal then :angel:

I just think that game had everything, fantastic performances (Robben, RVN, Baros, Rosicky, Cech, VDS, Heitinga, Nedved, Jankulovski), a great comeback and stupid tactical decisions (Robben off Bosvelt on :yuck: )

·
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Well poor Vs abysmal then :angel:

I just think that game had everything, fantastic performances (Robben, RVN, Baros, Rosicky, Cech, VDS, Heitinga, Nedved, Jankulovski), a great comeback and stupid tactical decisions (Robben off Bosvelt on :yuck: )
well yeah it didn't have any Ledley and Naybet moments i'll give you that.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Spurs 4-5 Arsenal

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Petros said:
i really really enjoyed the Arsenal vs Middlesborough 5-3 Game.

It was the game arsenal needed to avoid defeat in to equal the forest record. And after trying so so hard people were wondering whether they would bottle it. They went 3-1 down on 50 minutes with 2 goals in quick succession. Everyone was now thinking that they were going to blow it, and then suddenly all the arsenal players went absolutely mad with adrenaline and played some of the most amazing football i have ever seen for the last 40 minutes and won 5-3. Also, the commentary for the reyes goal was pure class. :)
I thought that game was shit

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Holland-Czech Republic was good. Portugal-England is a now a classic for all the Portuguese, and possibly some English fans.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I loved Roma 4 vs 0 Juve, but I cant remember if that match happened this year, if it dont. I choose Spurs-Arsenal. I didnt watch the Holland-Czech Republic game.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Prince-O said:
I agree! There have been some very good games this year, but that game was amazing!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts