8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss. Promises to be a great derby

P.S. Barcelona vs Sevilla was better but what the heck. :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Barca-Sevilla is not a derby.

No, but the chances of getting the title of match of the weekend are far greater than the slightly over-rated derby of this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Of the candidates for match of the weekend which haven't been played yet, Roma vs Fiorentina might be good.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Match of the weekend? Debatable to say the least. There are many great games this weekend. Yesterday's Sevilla - Barcelona was a good one. Roma - Fiorentina play today, inter - napoli, chelsea - arsenal

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Rafael starting for United, should be an interesting duel between him and his compatriot Robinho, some good battles all over the field. Ronaldo will be up against Richards who I don't think is suited to a right back role, could be somewhere United can pounce.

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
Yeah, this weekend has excellent games, Man U-City didnt used to be a big deal, just a top club facing their small local rivals. But I guess their are bit more bigger then usual this time around.

Though not enough to be more competetive then Arsenal-Chelsea, or Roma-Viola.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Ref obviously has his man city chaps on today. Anybody wathcing the game can see he is a complete home ref ! !
Based on what? Giving Ronaldo a second yellow for auditioning for the volleyball team? Or giving yellow cards to players for cropping SWP any time he skinned them? Man Utd won fair and square today. The ref did a good job all game, and got pretty much every decision right.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Ref obviously has his man city chaps on today. Anybody wathcing the game can see he is a complete home ref ! !
which decision did not please you, your highness?

and please dont tell me the ronaldo sending off because the referee had no other choice.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Ronaldo shouldnt of been booked originally. First booking was poor.

Rules state that its a yellow card if the player intentionally handles the ball trying to gain an advantage. Ronaldo , while stupid , clearly did not look for any advantage (if anything he had a great chance for a free header). Its not like he always handballs it in games, it was a genuinely stupid mistake, hardly deserving of a dismissal.

Rafael got booked for throwing the ball away even though he just threw it in the air towards the free kick taker. This was a big booking as it was early enough in the game and marking rbhino put the youngster under huge pressure!

Ronaldo called back offside in great position in first half , i rewound the game, CLEARLY onside.

Free kick against Rafael near end of game for nothing. Replays begged questions!

Richards not booked for the worst tackle in the game against Vidic in first half.

I could go on, but think point was proven. If you watched the game you might of seen these and others . .

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Ronaldo shouldnt of been booked originally. First booking was poor.

Rules state that its a yellow card if the player intentionally handles the ball trying to gain an advantage. Ronaldo , while stupid , clearly did not look for any advantage (if anything he had a great chance for a free header).

Rafael got booked for throwing the ball away even though he just threw it in the air towards the free kick taker. This was a big booking as it was early enough in the game and marking rbhino put the youngster under huge pressure!

Ronaldo called back offside in great position in first half , i rewound the game, CLEARLY onside.

Free kick against Rafael near end of game for nothing. Replays begged questions!

Richards not booked for the worst tackle in the game against Vidic in first half.

I could go on, but think point was proven. If you watched the game you might of seen these and others . .
Oh give me a break. You got 6 yellow cards. Every single one of them was given after the ref had issued a warning and the player had carried on fouling. If you're going to go on about every decision that went against you, then there will be tonnes for each side. That's football. But the yellow cards were all justified. Ronaldo handled the ball in the area when several players were going for the ball, and he'd misjudged his jump. If that's not gaining an advantage, I don't know what is.

Oh, and Richards went for a 50/50 ball and clashed with Vidic. I didn't see Vidic complaining, and he got the free kick. The difference is that Richards didn't go on fouling after that. Exactly the same treatment. Warning for the first foul, and a yellow card if you do it again.

If you can see bias in that refereeing, then I'm surprised if you ever watch a match that Man Utd aren't badly done by.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Oh give me a break. You got 6 yellow cards. Every single one of them was given after the ref had issued a warning and the player had carried on fouling. If you're going to go on about every decision that went against you, then there will be tonnes for each side. That's football. But the yellow cards were all justified. Ronaldo handled the ball in the area when several players were going for the ball, and he'd misjudged his jump. If that's not gaining an advantage, I don't know what is.

Oh, and Richards went for a 50/50 ball and clashed with Vidic. I didn't see Vidic complaining, and he got the free kick. The difference is that Richards didn't go on fouling after that. Exactly the same treatment. Warning for the first foul, and a yellow card if you do it again.

If you can see bias in that refereeing, then I'm surprised if you ever watch a match that Man Utd aren't badly done by.
What a load of Bllx.

Richards went in for a 50/50 with his feet above vidics head, just lucky it only pierced vidics chest. Then he dived to the ground so the ref would conveniently forget (and ref obliged city as he did for whole game!) that he had fouled vidic in the first place (ref gave the free shouldve been yellow!)

And no, all yellows werent justifiable, saying so does not make it true. Im bias as a united fan! This from a city fan commenting on decisions his team got advantages over united!

Are you seriously suggesting that ronaldo handled the ball cause he "misjudged his jump"! Wot a **** you are . . .

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Mate I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Richards came in studs-up and ended up kicking Vidic in the chest. Intentional or not, it was extremely reckless and could have caused serious injury. It certainly warranted a yellow card at the least. When Vidic lifted up his shirt, you could see the nasty gash caused by Richards's studs. It's hardly like Nemanja to complain though, like some would, and he got on with the game, fair play to him.
Richards then proceeded to kick the sh*t out of Evra and Berbatov as the game went on, but Webb just let it go.

Just a word on Elano trying to get Rafael sent off by kicking the ball into him at the freekick: Disgusting.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
LOL, it's funny how every time a decision goes against United Drummer writes half a page of whining.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
LOL, it's funny how every time a decision goes against United Drummer writes half a page of whining.
I love how rival fans proove united fans wrong by just calling them whingers.

Bet you were top of your debate class ! ! ! :dielaugh:

Whinging about decisions that were wrong doesnt mean the decisions were correct if its your own team that were on the receiving end ! Hey hows about you try arguing specifics instead of throwing out random vague pointless comments ! :nono::finger:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Mate I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Richards came in studs-up and ended up kicking Vidic in the chest.
He slid in for the ball, as did Vidic. They were both at ground level, so don't try and make out that Richards had his feet dangerously high or anything.

Richards then proceeded to kick the sh*t out of Evra and Berbatov as the game went on, but Webb just let it go.
If by "kick the sh*t out of" you mean he made a few crunching tackles, then yes he did. I don't remember him missing the ball though, or cynically cropping players because they were already past him. SWP was the most fouled player on the pitch to day. Maybe our manager should be having a quiet word in the ear of every referee to attempt to sway him in our favour?

Just a word on Elano trying to get Rafael sent off by kicking the ball into him at the freekick: Disgusting.
Don't stand in the way of a quick free kick then. It's up to the referee to decide whether he was deliberately trying to prevent the free kick from being taken. A decision that went Man Utd's way.

God, Man Utd fans. Even whinging when they win the game. I've never seen such a victim status from a club in my life.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts