Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Kulusevski on the right in one game and now on the left in another.

I don't understand how he's supposed to have any continuity.

3-4-3 has got to be one of the most awkward formations ever.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Araujo injured so Koeman brings on Busquets to midfield and puts Frenkie De Jong in central defense... wow?

But yes, Pique is suspended and Umtiti injured so not much choice there.

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
Worst Juve match in ages, honestly deserved to lose 4-7 nil or so, playing like old school Ferrara Del Neri days, which means this was probably the worst performance in near decade. This team completely lacks a coach. Who the hell knows what this management are doing.

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
THIS is the season, @Laudrup , you can win the scudetto of this season without an owner, after nine with one. This is the season in which even one 39 yo Ibra can do.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Even if he were stronger than ever, would he be able to carry a team that usually finishes 6th-7th to the title? Well if you say so.

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Even if he were stronger than ever, would he be able to carry a squad otherwise outside of top 5 to the title? Well if you say so.
If it is possible that a 39 years old (the way I intend it) Ibra is enough, a 39 years old (the way you intend it) Ibra should be handed the scudetto tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
For saying Ibra still is a top player (not discussing if he’s overall better or worse than when he was younger), which he has demonstrated during the last half a season, I also think it’s a no-brainer that he will win the title easily, even if Milan are probably not even expected to end in top 4. Ok.

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
For saying Ibra still is a top player (not discussing if he’s overall better or worse than when he was younger), which he has demonstrated during the last half a season, I also think it’s a no-brainer that he will win the title easily, even if Milan are probably not even expected to end in top 4. Ok.
Well done. Playing for this Milan alone is the biggest evidence that he is worse than when he was younger.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Not really. He’s been stating continously since he left Milan that he would like to return. Also, it’s just not a good argument in any way. Why would you think he couldn’t succeed in the Spanish league, for instance, when he dominates the Italian league to such an extent? Apart from that, you can think of other top players even at their peak who have signed for average teams at some point during their career.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THIS is the season, @Laudrup , you can win the scudetto of this season without an owner, after nine with one. This is the season in which even one 39 yo Ibra can do.
Naah, Juve will soon sack Pirlo and hire a real coach and they will win it again. Maybe it will be close but they will get there in the end.

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
We gave Ferrara and Del Neri a full season, i don't see why we wouldn't do the same for Pirlo.

Unless things go catastrophically wrong in a short period which is pretty realistic.

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
Not really. He’s been stating continously since he left Milan that he would like to return. Also, it’s just not a good argument in any way. Why would you think he couldn’t succeed in the Spanish league, for instance, when he dominates the Italian league to such an extent? Apart from that, you can think of other top players even at their peak who have signed for average teams at some point during their career.
He is not at his peak, he is a 39 yo player the top clubs (not the top clubs for their history, but the ones which are top for results nowadays) are not interested in. Milan can spend money the real minor clubs can't spend, so they are perfect for him. He obviously pretends any club who wants him and can give the money he wants is the one he would love to play for.
What EVEN Ibra, with all his arrogance, could not predict was that he could be SO dominant in serie A. I could not predict it myself and that is the consequence of serie A being even worse than I expected.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts