Real Betis vs Valladolid
Recreativo vs Villarreal
Getafe vs Almeria
Mallorca vs Osasuna

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really desperate to see Moretti back in the team, he's usually the reliable one. And I hope Voro switches Mata and Silva, the former is not a left winger and would be more useful as a support striker. Silva can do a better job in the left than in the middle too.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And you know what, unfit guys like Albelda take his spot in the bench which is ridiculious really. I think Baraja maybe injured since he was subbed for Edu at the start of the second half, so this is Banega's chance. If he isn't even called up again, I'm afraid we'll start hearing rumours about a possible transfer.

It'll be even harder losing this guy, than it's Silva.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Honestly i don't see us winning this, Zaragoza problem is there shitty defense, there attack has always been solid, while we have the worst full backs in the league and potentially good centre backs which means fcuk all. We only win if defence wants to show up, yesterday Miguel even made Henry seem like he is a class act in Spain ;)

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
we are the most inconsistent team in the world, no doubt about it.
so who knows, what happens against zaragoza? im not saying we are going to win, because i don't want to jinx the team!
i don't know about any of you guys but you should join on valencia.theoffside.com
it is a great readers blog, that i have been reading since this season, and the blogger, called Cesar talks about our beloved. you should take a look, and readers also put their comments down. it is great fun and really emotional to see how other Valencia fans around the world feel.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Warris, I think Cesar is a member here who posts from time to time and the offside is great as you say.

On the game, I believe we can win this one. Because aside from what's happening at the airports and at paterna, I think when it comes to games in the Mestalla, the fans back us. They'll sing and support I think which will give the team a boost.

But regardless of that, I think the defense have to stand up against Zaragoza if we want anything from this match. The good thing is that two of their key players in Celades and Zapater will be out so we need to exploit that.

On another note, Voro needs to stop this sentimental stuff in putting on Albelda, Canizares and Angulo. They're not match fit and they won't help us much. I don't mind if they are on later in the second half, if we're two or three up, but to start them or to put them on when we are chasing the match is simply criminal. Other fit players like Banega are having to pay for this, not even getting a bench spot.

We need those three points here because I think the relegation teams can pick up a lot of points this week, and to fight off Zaragoza back into relegation spots will give us some air to breathe.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Canizares got a clean sheet, something Timo couldn't do since the 0-0 draw with Getafe:pp

·
Registered
952 Posts
Superstitious mode: Who's the freak guy that created the Baca-Valencia match? I dont feel that we can win this match, sadly coz the same guy who created the Barca match thread create this match thread too...

·
Registered
39 Posts
You guys are way too superstitious, somehow I don't think the players or coach check who made the match thread before deciding if they are gonna turn up or not :tongue:

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Superstitious mode: Who's the freak guy that created the Baca-Valencia match? I dont feel that we can win this match, sadly coz the same guy who created the Barca match thread create this match thread too...
You actually think the person who creates a thread on a football forum, is responsible for our failure or success?

I wonder why we fired Koeman when we were clearly at fault all this time :rollani:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
La Liga Preview: Valencia - Real Zaragoza
Valencia (15th, 42pts) v Real Zaragoza (16th, 41pts)
When: 20:00 CET - Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Where: Mestalla, Valencia

La Liga Preview: Valencia - Real Zaragoza

There would not have been many people last summer that would have believed that Valencia and Real Zaragoza would be gearing up to meet in a relegation six-pointer with three games of the current season remaining, but that is exactly what is happening.

Both clubs have underachieved on a huge scale and now face the very real prospect of making a dramatic dip into la Segunda, unless they can secure enough points to scramble away from Recreativo and Osasuna.

Valencia have had the worse year of the two, simply for the fact that the strength in their squad should never have seen them be in this position, even if some of the cracks have been papered over by triumph in the Copa del Rey.

Those cracks were duly exposed all too clearly on Sunday when Barcelona put six past the hapless Timo Hildebrand and los Ché were met at the airport by supporters with nowhere else to turn.

In a year of disastrous decision-making, the players are the last ones to be turned upon by the fans following the exit of a president and a coach after Juan Soler and Ronald Koeman left the club.

When Quique Sánchez Flores was sacked it appeared to be a rash decision, simply because one of the main reasons coming out of the club was that the football was not entertaining enough.

Style Council

Being in the Champions League, four points from the leaders in la Primera and producing results all round was not good enough for Soler and his board and so a change was made.

Warnings were made in the Spanish media about Koeman and how it was a huge gamble and they proved to be right with the Valencia squad not taking to the Dutchman and his new way of doing things at all.

Outcasting three of the club's main players was bemusing and, ultimately, a huge mistake because it is hard to see how Santi Cañizares, David Albelda and Miguel Ángel Angulo would not have helped the cause.

A change in style was demanded from the board and Koeman tried to bring in his system, but his greatest failing was his unwillingness to change it when it did not produce results.

Instead he ploughed on and his stubborness eventually earned him the sack after Soler had walked out and left new president Agustín Morera to do the job for him.

Great Expectations

At Zaragoza, it may have only been five seasons since they spent a year in la Segunda, but the progress made at the club last term meant that expectations were really high.

Víctor Fernández had returned in the summer of 2006 and lifted the club up to sixth place this time last year, earning them a spot in the UEFA Cup and predictions of a bright future were made.

The summer transfer market was not used wisely enough and the team was not as strong in the opening weeks of a campaign that has seen los Maños struggle under four different coaches to pull clear of the drop zone.

Last weekend's late, late winner against Deportivo did lift them, but Zaragoza remain one point above 18th placed Osasuna, while Valenica are two points away from the drop zone.

RECENT FORM

Valencia

Match Result Date Championship
Barcelona - Valencia 6 - 0 04/05/2008 LA LIGA
Valencia - Osasuna 3 - 0 27/04/2008 LA LIGA
Athletic Bilbao - Valencia 5 - 1 20/04/2008 LA LIGA
Getafe - Valencia 1 - 3 16/04/2008 COPA DEL REY
Valencia - Racing 1 - 2 12/04/2008 LA LIGA
Murcia - Valencia 1 - 0 06/04/2008 LA LIGA

Real Zaragoza

Match Result Date Championship
Zaragoza - Deportivo 1 - 0 03/05/2008 LA LIGA
Espanyol - Zaragoza 1 - 1 27/04/2008 LA LIGA
Zaragoza - Recreativo 3 - 0 19/04/2008 LA LIGA
Getafe - Zaragoza 0 - 0 13/04/2008 LA LIGA
Zaragoza - Betis 0 - 3 06/04/2008 LA LIGA
Valladolid - Zaragoza 2 - 1 30/03/2008 LA LIGA

TEAM NEWS

Valencia

Squad: Cañizares, Hildebrand, Miguel, Marchena, Albiol, Helguera, Alexis, Albelda, Edu, Joaquín, Mata, Vicente, Ever, Silva, Baraja, Arizmendi, Angulo, Zigic, Villa.

Real Zaragoza

Squad: César, López Vallejo, Diogo, Paredes, Óscar, Ayala, Luccin, Aimar, Sergio García, Juanfran, Oliveira, Gabi, Pavón, Matuzalem, Diego Milito, Chus Herrero, Valero, Zapater, Sergio Fernández.

PREDICTION

Valencia do have home advantage, but that could actually work against them because if they do not produce after the first few minutes then their supporters are certain to turn on the team. The six-goal drubbing at Camp Nou hurt and the fans are not happy and will not accept any player who is not giving everything to the side. Zaragoza are not exactly in shining form either, but they will be buoyed by last weekend's win and could have enough in the tank to earn a point here.

Valencia 1 - 1 Real Zaragoza

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

·
Registered
952 Posts
You actually think the person who creates a thread on a football forum, is responsible for our failure or success?

I wonder why we fired Koeman when we were clearly at fault all this time :rollani:
You taking this seriously?:dielaugh:
Chill out man, that's why I typed the superstitious mode in front. ;)

But this is serious: LCF cant create any match thread, except if he wanna create for other teams..:dielaugh::tongue:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts