Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm lookign for some information, I was told recently that unless I have a

mastercard and a german bank account I wont be eligable for a ticket.... Does anyone els

know if this is true:
I know that mastercard have a lot of power, but to decide who gets to go to the world cup.
The exclusive deal means that fans can only buy tickets if they:
* have a MasterCard credit card
* have a German bank account
* make an international bank transfer (at an additional cost of up to £35).

http://www.which.net/campaigns/othe...cuptickets.html
Which are normally on the ball, so to speak...
I dont have a credit card nor am I likely to get one of the plastic helpers of Twisted Evil satan but if it means I cant go see my country in the world cup.... Thats just not right,

Someone please tell me this is wrong......

footie for everyone not just the rich.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Timesplitter said:
Hi, I'm lookign for some information, I was told recently that unless I have a

mastercard and a german bank account I wont be eligable for a ticket.... Does anyone els

know if this is true:
I know that mastercard have a lot of power, but to decide who gets to go to the world cup.
The exclusive deal means that fans can only buy tickets if they:
* have a MasterCard credit card
* have a German bank account
* make an international bank transfer (at an additional cost of up to £35).

http://www.which.net/campaigns/othe...cuptickets.html
Which are normally on the ball, so to speak...
I dont have a credit card nor am I likely to get one of the plastic helpers of Twisted Evil satan but if it means I cant go see my country in the world cup.... Thats just not right,

Someone please tell me this is wrong......

footie for everyone not just the rich.
Man that's a big BS. My friend I'm afraid that you can't do anything about it. Unless, you go and ask your friends or relatives to use their credit card in order to apply.

When I saw it, I was all furious. Not fair at all, luckly I do have the card, but others like don't. Don't think I'm rich, it just in US they hand them out like fruit cakes. More in debt u are, the better they can controll you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
True we're all screwed. I have a Visa.

Having said that my mum has a master card..

Having said that I don't think i'm going :/ :(

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Well boys, if I get my all tickets allocated, who knows maybe when the time comes, I can sell it to you ;) If I have any extra.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not for the first set of tickets, the results are out in a cuople of days and then I think ticketing starts again on may 6, either way I cant lay my hands no a mastercard, everyone I know has a Visa, which was quite an intresting little poll.

Its not right that there should be ANY conditions on people getting tickets, except obviously having a passport and not being on the hooligan list.

Perhaps they dont think hooligans carry plastic.....

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
People will be notified of their allocations on April 22, second round will start on May. That's going to be only Team Specific tickets. And then in Dec,they will reopen the regular sale again.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I'd think a Visa would work just as well as it does in this country. They're somewhat the same here. They are the most widely accepted in the US because they give businesses breaks/deals not to take other cards. It's a joke.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
For Euro 2004 they didn't care what you used.

1st round ticket 45 Euro, 2nd round ticket 60 euro..... don't have master card, then you are sh**t out of luck :D

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I haven't been allocated any tickets. I had applied for 17 matches, not even one game?? F**in FIFA. So as you can see having a MC doesn't make a difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, you dont get a ticket either way lol.....

Whens the next set of tickets availible is it start or end of may?

Hopefully this whole mastercard thing will be tucked up by then and anyone can get tickets.... <Fingers crossed>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts