Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we go by the rumours that circulate around Barcelona many fo the current Barcelona players will not play for us next season.
Players that have beeen named as likely to go:

Rustu, Reiziger, VB, Gerard, Luis Enrique, Cocu, Overmars, Saviola, Kluivert. If all this happens, unless we bring ESTABLISHED players we are going to have another transition year. If we go by the words of Laporta, Rijkaard will have (is having?) a big say in the players discarded and the players that may be coming.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think it's all speculation at the moment Angel_Cule. We can safely say that Kluivert will go in the summer but the others? Who knows? Saviola can't be allowed to go, Cocu seemed uncertain in his interview on planetfootball today, VB is on loan so is expected to leave and the others are just pure speculation.

We'll wait and see I suppose unless anyone has any factual info?

·
Registered
69,681 Posts
I don´t think many players will go at the end of the season. I guess around 4 players will go (Probably Rustu will back to Turkey and VB will back to England cause he is on loan). I don´t know about others...maybe Kluivert, Gerard, Luis Enrique...but I´m not sure about them.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Personally, I feel terrible about Van Bronckhorst and never agree to loan him to Barça as it only worsen the destination club. In my opinion, he is just a player with limited talent and doesn't have the ability to adapt well into new tactics. We originally signed him as cover for both Robert Pires and Patrick Vieira, but it has been proven that he is actually a mediocre at midfield. And even when we moved him to LB position, he doesn't make good defending or supporting forward.

In Barça, he takes the part of resposibility behind their crappy defense. Like in Arsenal, he always got late to react to opponent penetration. A good full-back should give it a run and chase the ball when they lose in 1-on-1, while Gio seems to lack of pace needed for this job. Everytimes Gio played, the best rating I've heard of him only 'average'. With this kind performance, he would never be a big player.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FCB_Simon said:
I think it's all speculation at the moment Angel_Cule. We can safely say that Kluivert will go in the summer but the others? Who knows? Saviola can't be allowed to go, Cocu seemed uncertain in his interview on planetfootball today, VB is on loan so is expected to leave and the others are just pure speculation.

We'll wait and see I suppose unless anyone has any factual info?
There are a few "black lists" that have appeared in the papers and not only in the Madrid press. I think that many of those players will not play for us next season if they find them a substitute. The idea is to get rid of them, including Saviola.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Its good for Barca that all those 'old' players will go away .... They are playing here since 1999 or longer and didnt make any results for Blaugrana... Only Copa Catalunya and Gamper's....:rollani:

All socios in the world are waiting for successes in the CL and for Campeone del la Liga not for 4th place there... Those footballers couldnt afford it so they musy go away... New, young footballers like Torres, Van Der Vaart could bring us the title, not GvB, Cocu (who is one of my favourite players), Rustu and others...

5 years without any titles is so hard thing for all cules... It must be changed!

·
Registered
417 Posts
yeah he wanted to do it but Gaspart said 'no!' .... Juve offers sth around 10 mln euro

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
clearing the squad it seems to be a very common practise when a new President & manager arrives. Laporte may want to rid the club of these players but it may not be that easy. It has taken Perez almost 4years to clean house and in some cases not very popular with the merengues. Some of the older dutch players may have a had time finding another team who would be willing to pay the salary that they recieved at Barca (i.e. Macca) To me this will have a larger impact on Barca than it did on Madrid since we have been successful and it eases change, while for you guys it will be another trip to the dentist office

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Che said:
clearing the squad it seems to be a very common practise when a new President & manager arrives. Laporte may want to rid the club of these players but it may not be that easy. It has taken Perez almost 4years to clean house and in some cases not very popular with the merengues. Some of the older dutch players may have a had time finding another team who would be willing to pay the salary that they recieved at Barca (i.e. Macca) To me this will have a larger impact on Barca than it did on Madrid since we have been successful and it eases change, while for you guys it will be another trip to the dentist office
The situation is not the same. Florentino became president... of the winner of Champions League. Laporta came in the worst moment of the club in more than a decade.

originally posted by Angel Cule
Rustu, Reiziger, VB, Gerard, Luis Enrique, Cocu, Overmars, Saviola, Kluivert. If all this happens, unless we bring ESTABLISHED players we are going to have another transition year. If we go by the words of Laporta, Rijkaard will have (is having?) a big say in the players discarded and the players that may be coming.
Those names are in everyones mind since long ago. Perhaps Saviola is surprise for some of them, but honestly, I expected much more from him. As you say, the question is: who's coming now?

Expecting the new players, the only thing I can say is that I already know what those players are able to do: nothing.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Rustu is very professional and all he wants to do is playing. He would be more than willing to go back to Turkey. Reiziger has always stated that he would love to finish his career in England and I know that Keegan is very fond of him and of semi retired players :D. Luis Enrique and Cocu finish they contracts. Kluivert is wanted by many English clubs but he would need to reduce his salary expectations. Overmars don't know wehter he would like to move or not. Saviola is wanted among others by Valencia. Only Gerard may become another Dani IMO.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Koeman4 said:
The situation is not the same. Florentino became president... of the winner of Champions League. Laporta came in the worst moment of the club in more than a decade.
that what I was trying to say.;)

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
I hope we keep Reiziger. The rest as of Kluivert and Saviola ?? hmm interesting...but it all depends if were able to find better replacements for them. We dont want to end up in a ManU situation where they sold Beckshit without having a decent replacement for him. If we can top Kluivert and Saviola with more quality in our new striker signing then they can leave otherwise no point in selling them and brining in Luques and Cavenaghis.

Rustu can leave if he gets an offer. Model pro !! Will always love him for making the brave trip to Spanish footie thou !

Cocu and Lucho seem at the end of their career. Offer them coaching positions or bid them farewell for one last payday.

Gerard and Overmars can stay if they are ready to be bit part players. Not more than that.

Van Bronckhorst needs to go !

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
husain_14 said:
Cocu and Lucho seem at the end of their career. Offer them coaching positions or bid them farewell for one last payday.

Gerard and Overmars can stay if they are ready to be bit part players. Not more than that.
I don't think Cocu and Luis Enrique can get a coaching position here without any decent coaching qualifications or experience ;) But then, look at Rijkaard :rolleyes:

I would rather see Gerard and Overmars sold, because their high wage packets are not needed in our financial situation. They haven't done anything since they've arrived, so replacing them with a young, Barça B player wouldn't hurt too much.

I agree on your comment on Kluivert and Saviola. In fact, we should buy top class players every single time (Henry, Owen, Vieri, etc.). I've had enough with all these "prospects." We should get "cracks" or nothing.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
I would rather see Gerard and Overmars sold, because their high wage packets are not needed in our financial situation. They haven't done anything since they've arrived, so replacing them with a young, Barça B player wouldn't hurt too much.

great in theory but the reality of older players on contract is finding a buyer who could come to terms with the player personal terms. If your looking to make immediate change than you may need to go the route of a Rivaldo and release him from his contract with a financial compensation.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Che said:
great in theory but the reality of older players on contract is finding a buyer who could come to terms with the player personal terms. If your looking to make immediate change than you may need to go the route of a Rivaldo and release him from his contract with a financial compensation.
I can see Overmars leaving (to Rangers probably), but with Gerard, the situation is far more complicated. Maybe a free transfer or terminating the player's contract could be the only option :( Being a bench warmer is the most Gerard can hope for, because I can't see him featuring a lot when we have Davids, Motta, Cocu (when he's played properly :rolleyes: ), Xavi, etc. ahead of him.

What a huge mess Gaspart has made :mad:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts