Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moggi answers Juve critics Sunday 17 April, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Juve have some talented youth team players – such as Masiello – who are breaking through and will make their mark next year.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, looks like we will have our first sucesfull primavera product in a long time in our squad. He is a very young defender (barely 19). But I don't know much aout him, who is he, is he good?

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
He's already in Juve ince 2 season he's playing for the youth team =) but he's not a product of Juve youth team, just this:D
he's born in 1986 btw...nice future yea

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
Let's not put too much expectations on Masiello, if he turns out to be half as good as people think he is i'll be content.

But it's premature, to say the least, that he's good enough to be a long term solution for us.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Arianna said:
he' isn't a juve primavera product ...he is a product of LUCCHESE ;) and they still own this player
Au contraire - it's both! :D

Since he has beeen playing two seasons with the primavera, he IS in fact a Juve primavera product, just as he is a Lucchese product in general :stuckup: ;).

Btw. Arianna- have you been following Volpe and Luci? What do you say?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
oh please...what moggi says and does are two different things. he'll end up on loan for at least 2 seasons before even been thought about again.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Glen said:
Au contraire - it's both! :D

Since he has beeen playing two seasons with the primavera, he IS in fact a Juve primavera product, just as he is a Lucchese product in general :stuckup: ;).

i consider one player product of one team when this player have played all the yout teams in one team... "pulcini,giovanissimi sperimentali, Giovanissimi Nazionali, Allievi Nazionali,...Beretti, ecc..." Primavera is just the last thing before to come a first team player....
He's "born" in Lucchese, so he's a Lucchese product :D

no i'm not following Volpe and Luci because this season i'm only following our dear youth team since i'm friend with one player :D
www.udineseprimavera.tk ...my new website:D :howler:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glen said:
Generally Juventus' Primavera team has been good this season - actually for the last few seasons Juventus has, together with Lecce, Roma, and Inter, been very good at the Primavera level. And obviously everybody is talking about Masiello, who really looks promising.

Volpe, on the other hand, hasn't been a revelation this season. In fact, I would say that Juventus' two other strikers - Volpato and Paolucci - both have been better.

Luci has been somewhat better, and especially in Viareggio he was very good (he was elected best player of the tournament, and it was his two goals against Salernitana, that got Juventus through from the quarterfinal).

However, if you are interested in who (besides Masiello) is so far most promising, I would have to say Criscito, who normally partners Masiello in central defense. He is almost a year younger than Masiello, and more of a modern, playing defender, who also scores quite a few goals.

Other players from the Primavera, that probably deserves a mention, are Bentivoglio, De Ceglie and Marchisio.

Apart from the actual Primavera players, the Viareggio tournament also revealed, that Juventus has several interesting players in the Berretti team. As a consequence of injuries, several Berretti players got to play a significant role in the tournament. To me, particularly Sebastian Giovinco seems promising. He is quite skilled technically. But also Cuneaz and the Vice Presidents son, Allesandro Bettega, were up to the challenge.

But of course, whether any of these players will ever make it at Juventus or another top club remains to be seen. Those are, however, the ones that right now look most likely.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Anders S. thanks for the info, but can you tell me more about Masiello , is he a big player, what are his weaknesses and strong points. And about Crisceto.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
....and while you're at it... you gotta put down a bit of info on how you get your info Anders :).

You have to be in Italy, because that much Primavera calcio isn't accessible in Scandinavia. I know that for a fact.

Actually it was Rej Volpato I was thinking off and not Volpe btw.

·
Administrator
53,060 Posts
Unless he is your fellow countryman Jens Bangsbo in disguise ;)

Yeah amazingly informative post of you as usual Anders.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Anders S. said:
Generally Juventus' Primavera team has been good this season - actually for the last few seasons Juventus has, together with Lecce, Roma, and Inter, been very good at the Primavera level. And obviously everybody is talking about Masiello, who really looks promising.

Volpe, on the other hand, hasn't been a revelation this season. In fact, I would say that Juventus' two other strikers - Volpato and Paolucci - both have been better.

Luci has been somewhat better, and especially in Viareggio he was very good (he was elected best player of the tournament, and it was his two goals against Salernitana, that got Juventus through from the quarterfinal).

However, if you are interested in who (besides Masiello) is so far most promising, I would have to say Criscito, who normally partners Masiello in central defense. He is almost a year younger than Masiello, and more of a modern, playing defender, who also scores quite a few goals.

Other players from the Primavera, that probably deserves a mention, are Bentivoglio, De Ceglie and Marchisio.

Apart from the actual Primavera players, the Viareggio tournament also revealed, that Juventus has several interesting players in the Berretti team. As a consequence of injuries, several Berretti players got to play a significant role in the tournament. To me, particularly Sebastian Giovinco seems promising. He is quite skilled technically. But also Cuneaz and the Vice Presidents son, Allesandro Bettega, were up to the challenge.

But of course, whether any of these players will ever make it at Juventus or another top club remains to be seen. Those are, however, the ones that right now look most likely.
I never like labelling a young prospect as a sure shot to make the big leagues but if I were to put money on one of them it would unquestionably have to be young Ale Bettega not just because of his pedigree and abilities or because he's the Vice's son. He's got that mental toughness that helps him persevere and he is so level-headed. His maturity for his age is actually quite impressive.

Definitely a midfielder to look out for in the future whether it's with Juve or someone else.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
You have to be in Italy, because that much Primavera calcio isn't accessible in Scandinavia.
isn't that accessible in italy too... then or he works for the youth football or he buy every month Hurrà Juventus :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Masiello is on our bench tonight. What are the odds of him actually seeing some playing time in a big match like this?

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Played over 30 mins today and didn't do to shabby at all I though. This kid seems to be a great talent if he get's a chance at Juve at the tender age of 19(?).

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
The only good thing to come from the Inter match was the introduction of 19 year old Masiello to the first team, getting his appearance in Serie A. Masiello came in for Birindelli in the second half and did not set a foot wrong during his time on the pitch. He impressed me when he had the ball; Masiello seemed calm and collected when the ball was at his feet and he made intelligent passes around the pitch. I can tell you already I would choose Masiello over Birindelli, even though he has not been tested yet with players running at him. He does seem to have a bright future though and hopefully Capello will start him in the next matches.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was very impressed by him actually. He was certainly better than Birindelli....he only made one mistake and his passes and tackles looked pretty mature, something uncharacteristic of his age. And considering it was his first game, it was Juve-Inter, and were down 0-1, I can only think of good things coming out of him.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts