Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rules: 18 player squad with 9 players from both clubs/nations and at least 4 in the starting eleven.

BRAZIL-ITALY

5-3-2
Code:
                Totti      Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

Pirlo          Gattuso

Roberto Carlos                                 Cafu

Maldini   Cannavaro  Nesta

Buffon
Bench:
Toldo
Lucio
Zambrotta
Mauro Silva
Kaka
Rivaldo
Adriano

·
1st Tier Poster
49,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ENGLAND-ARGENTINA
4-3-2-1
Code:
                Rooney

Lampard  Messi

Veron  Mascherano Gerrard

A.Cole     Samuel     Terry     Zanetti

Seaman lol
Bench:

James
Ayala
Sorin
Beckham
Riquelme
Crespo
Owen

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I got stuck thinking of the CBs. Considering both sides have been near-dominant in the past 10 years in Spain they've had some woeful centre-backs since Hierro retired.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I tried to do Fenerbahce and Galatasaray but failed. :(

·
1st Tier Poster
49,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok here we go

BARCELONA-REAL MADRID
4-2-3-1
Code:
                Raul

Ronaldinho  Zidane    Messi

Xavi   Makelele

R.Carlos   Puyol  Marquez   D.Alves

Casillas
Bench:
Valdes
Ramos
Iniesta
Figo
Ronaldo
Van Nistelrooy
Eto'o

·
1st Tier Poster
49,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MILAN-INTER
Code:
           Vieri  Shevchenko

Kaka

Gattuso  Pirlo  J.Zanetti

Maldini  Cordoba   Nesta    Maicon

Toldo
Bench:

Julio Cesar
Costacurta
Materazzi
Seedorf
Rui Costa
Adriano
Zlatan

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Barcelona-Real Madrid

------------------Casillas-------------------------

Puyol------Hierro---------Marquez-------R.Carlos

-------------------Makelele-------------------

Figo---------------Zidane-----------Ronaldinho

-------------------Messi-----------------

------------------Ronaldo Luiz--------------

Messi to be given a free role. It's impossible to leave out Figo.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Yeah, I like sorcerer's line-up better. Although it's hard to leave out Raul too, but if there was one striker better it's Ronaldo. And maybe put Redondo over Makelele depending on if you include the Novena year in this decade.

Madrid-Barca's team would be ridiculous. The bench would consist of: Alves, Ramos, Pepe, Redondo, Xavi, Iniesta, Rivaldo, Cristiano, Eto'o, Raul, RVN, Luis Enrique, Cocu etc.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Again, it's impossible to leave out Seedorf from the playing eleven in Milan-Inter combined team. So, drop Maicon & play Zanetti in his place to accomodate Seedorf.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Barcelona-Real Madrid

------------------Casillas-------------------------

Puyol------Hierro---------Marquez-------R.Carlos
Hierro? :howler:

you must be kidding. We are talking about 2000-2010, Hierro left Real in 2003 and was total shit during his last couple of seasons with Real.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again, it's impossible to leave out Seedorf from the playing eleven in Milan-Inter combined team. So, drop Maicon & play Zanetti in his place to accomodate Seedorf.
yes, this could be done too but I have a feeling that prime form Zanetti plus Maicon would be a killer right wing and tactically better. Because one problem Milan had with Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso midfield was the lack of threat from wings.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think he was that bad, certainly deserves inclusion more than Dani Alves does.
he definitely does not merit inclusion in any dream team XI of the last decade. he's much better candidate to the Worst XI, he was simply awful in his last years.

Alves hasn't played in Barca for that long but he's simply the best RB in Barca or Real during the last 10 years IMO, he doesn't have much competition really considering Puyol is a CB in my formation.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
yes, this could be done too but I have a feeling that prime form Zanetti plus Maicon would be a killer right wing and tactically better. Because one problem Milan had with Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso midfield was the lack of threat from wings.
In that case, drop Gattuso & play Seedorf. Takes away an defensive option, but with that defence you can afford to do that & maybe use Gattuso as a sub.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
he definitely does not merit inclusion in any dream team XI of the last decade. he's much better candidate to the Worst XI, he was simply awful in his last years.

Alves hasn't played in Barca for that long but he's simply the best RB in Barca or Real during the last 10 years IMO, he doesn't have much competition really considering Puyol is a CB in my formation.
Salgado?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts