Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Martinique advanced to the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup on Tuesday with a 1-0 victory over Trinidad and Tobago at the Miami Orange Bowl Stadium.

In the day's other game, Canada advanced to the final eight despite losing 2-0 to Ecuador in a Group D match.

Martinique scored the only goal of the Group C encounter after 51 minutes when Patrick Percin's right-foot shot beat the goalkeeper from just inside the penalty area.

Canada appeared to be holding out for a 0-0 draw with Ecuador, until Alex Aguinada struck twice in the last two minutes -- the second from the penalty spot -- to give the group a very balanced look.

Canada, Ecuador and Haiti all finished on three points after a win and a loss apiece, with all the games finishing 2-0.

The organisers held a draw to decide which to teams would advance and Canada and Haiti were the lucky teams to come out first.

Martinique now meet Canada for a place in the semifinals while Haiti face Group C winners Costa Rica.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Well I'm amazed!:eek: two or the "weakest" teams advanced to the next round, I mean Martinica and Haiti.
I can tell you that Costa Rica will have a very hard match, also Canada...
Hey! we may have a Martinica vrs Hiati Final, that will be bizarre:eek:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
espectro said:
Well I'm amazed!:eek: two or the "weakest" teams advanced to the next round, I mean Martinica and Haiti.
I can tell you that Costa Rica will have a very hard match, also Canada...
Hey! we may have a Martinica vrs Hiati Final, that will be bizarre:eek:
Bizarre it would be....but like they say any: on given sunday !! :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts