Xtratime Community banner

Martin Ødegaard

11K views 109 replies 31 participants last post by  NikiHristov 
#1 ·
Usually I'd be wary of hyping a 15-year old kid. But he's already playing in the Norwegian Top League for Strømsgodset and has shown quite impressive skills...might even make a debut soon for the NT. Great close control. :thumbsup: Wouldn't be surprised if this guy is the real deal.

-8d1yoqryTU

#2 ·
In fact he has already been called up for the senior national team for a friendly vs UAE on 27th August. He might make his international debut at the age of 15 years and 253 days.

It would be Norway's all time record and must be pretty close to European all time record too.

#4 ·
Apparently the youngest international ever in Europe is Samuel Johnston (Ireland) who debuted in 1882 :)pp) aged 15 years 154 days. Somebody on the internet also claimed József Horváth (Hungary) made his debut younger than Ødegaard might...however the only József Horváth I found debuted for Hungary aged 25 so I wonder if somebody got their math wrong.

So Ødegaard might become the 2nd youngest European ever to make his international debut...and the youngest during the last 131 years.

#7 ·
People downplaying his talent have to remember just how young the boy is. Ok, Norwegian football isn't all that, but it's still a proper professional league. Easily more competitive than any reserve matches.

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
7 levels below Hachim Mastour :musik:

#24 ·
Yeah, that Olwik character is apparently Swedish. I've never heard of him though.

#34 ·
Ok I got a chance to see a full game of this kid play.

He is legit. Ridiculously talented, supreme passing and vision.

Maybe the quality if the Norwegian league is poor, but he was bearth-taking.. his teammates could hardly keep up with the amount of times he put them infront of goal with ease.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.