Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I'd be wary of hyping a 15-year old kid. But he's already playing in the Norwegian Top League for Strømsgodset and has shown quite impressive skills...might even make a debut soon for the NT. Great close control. :thumbsup: Wouldn't be surprised if this guy is the real deal.

-8d1yoqryTU

·
1st Tier Poster
49,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In fact he has already been called up for the senior national team for a friendly vs UAE on 27th August. He might make his international debut at the age of 15 years and 253 days.

It would be Norway's all time record and must be pretty close to European all time record too.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
He's got great technique and amazing patience for someone that young. If he can escape serious injuries in the crucial next five or so years, he'll become a big star.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently the youngest international ever in Europe is Samuel Johnston (Ireland) who debuted in 1882 :)pp) aged 15 years 154 days. Somebody on the internet also claimed József Horváth (Hungary) made his debut younger than Ødegaard might...however the only József Horváth I found debuted for Hungary aged 25 so I wonder if somebody got their math wrong.

So Ødegaard might become the 2nd youngest European ever to make his international debut...and the youngest during the last 131 years.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
People downplaying his talent have to remember just how young the boy is. Ok, Norwegian football isn't all that, but it's still a proper professional league. Easily more competitive than any reserve matches.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,535 Posts
I thought the Scandinavian leagues or semi-professional:confused:
A couple of years ago the average salary in the Swedish league was around €70-80k/year. I think that's enough to live on without having to do some carpentry on the side.

I'd guess that the Norwegian wages are pretty similar. They were slightly higher a few years ago but the salaries in Norwegian football have been dropping a bit in recent years.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
7 levels below Hachim Mastour :musik:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts