Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any comparison? Mia is the greatest female player ever, but if Marta close to her level? She would need to win this WC but she has become a very interesting player

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
WilliamFAlmeida said:
Is there any comparison? Mia is the greatest female player ever, but if Marta close to her level? She would need to win this WC but she has become a very interesting player
I am sorry mate, you´ve got lost. This is a football forum.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Marta is 10X the player Ham is or ever will be.

But Hamm is hot, therefore marketable in an abandoned market; even the US female league disappeared. So you still see her on Gatorade commercials after retired, while Marta can at most hope at a brief stint in a Nike commercial or the local feijoada distributor.
Sad but true, the only marketable womens' sport is tennis.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theyve all already posed nude... kinda ruined their class, but I hope Marta can get the exposure she deserves...

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Marta is getting the exposure she deserves here in Sweden.

She's the best player in the world without any doubts and it was a very smart choice by Umeå to sign her. Now, I've been following womens football for quite a while and it's getting a lot better with time.

She's been driving Umeå and Brazil forward for a couple of years now, especially Brazil because Umeå has a couple of great players anyways.

There's no doubt she's better than Mia Hamm, at least that's what I think now that football has become even better, yet she's killing her opponents time after time.

:thmbup:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
WilliamFAlmeida said:
Is there any comparison? Mia is the greatest female player ever, but if Marta close to her level?
I'm definitely no expert on womens football, but I've seen a few matches with both, and whereas Mia Hamm was much more atletic than most her peers in the womens game and had a decent technique to go along with it (the Germans have a star like that... Birgit Prinz), Marta is much, much, much more skilled technically. To be honest I never saw someone like her in the womens game.

She pulls things off where you think, OK, the guys would be very happy about that one.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well that sucks.....goes to show you...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Nice that Brazil lost and to see the players cry. Watching Brazilians cry is my favorite hobby.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you must be bored most of the time huh?

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
WilliamFAlmeida said:
theyve all already posed nude...
PM Please . . .

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
ya PM me too :D .............

btw marta and all da brazilian players hav amazing skills ..........i only saw da 2nd half of da final but frm wat i saw germany didnt deserve 2 win it coz all dey did was defend whilst da brazilians showd amazing ball skills, dere passing and movement was very gud as well and dey were doin all da attakin :thmbup: and marta was very gud but sadly she missed da penalty ........

i dont no if prinz was playin y'day but if she was den i can say from wat i saw in da 2nd half dat marta is a much better player den her ........

da german keeper was quite gud tho:thmbup: no gols conceded thruout da tournament ........very impressive ..

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
Marta is 10X the player Ham is or ever will be.

But Hamm is hot, therefore marketable in an abandoned market; even the US female league disappeared. So you still see her on Gatorade commercials after retired, while Marta can at most hope at a brief stint in a Nike commercial or the local feijoada distributor.
Sad but true, the only marketable womens' sport is tennis.
And rightfully so. Tennis female players are usually hot and can play the sport. Women are not made to play soccer... they can play it... go ahead... but don't tell me its good football.

And I personally do not think Mia Hamm is hot nor that she is more famous because of that. Maybe her being American and Nike being a huge sponsor is...

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
yes, and winning the two world cups was because she was american, nike, coca cola.....

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
yes, and winning the two world cups was because she was american, nike, coca cola.....
If you are trying to be stupid... you made a good point.

No man... I am not saying that... I was just answering to bern saying that Ham will get more praise because she is hot... when to me its not about that... its ALSO about her being American and Nike being on her ass.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.