Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's all over the French news apparently. They've brought out this compensation thing yet again and are trying to block Flamini ever playing for us again, and are demanding that Flamini be returned to them along with payment for the six months he's spend at Arsenal.

http://www.sports.fr/fr/cmc/scanner/football/20052/news_56781.html
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/20050114_125959_01.html

They're in French, but who the **** does Marseille think they are? They can **** off, we'll never do business with them again.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
What reasons do they have? They might get along with a compensation fees but returning the player is totally ridicilous :googly:

nEEbz

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nEEbz said:
What reasons do they have?
That's it, they have none! There is no plausible reason for them to do this. Flamini's not even their player anymore, and he himself doesn't want to play for Marseille. I really don't know what they're contesting this for.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling could force Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini to return to Marseille.

The CAS ruled against Flamini's provisional £336,000 transfer from OM last summer, a move sanctioned by Fifa.

Fifa stepped in after Arsenal signed Flamini, despite former OM coach Jose Anigo believing he had a verbal agreement with the player.

A Marseille spokesman said: "From a legal point of view, his departure was not valid, he belongs to us."

Fifa initially authorised Flamini's transfer on a provisional basis on August 8, and then sanctioned it as a permanent move in November.

Marseille took the case to the CAS after losing Flamini for Arsenal's nominal fee.

The French club are confident the CAS will overturn Fifa's ruling, forcing Flamini to return to the Stade Velodrome where he would be sold for a sizeable sum.

A statement on Marseille's website said the CAS "recognised Fifa's decision was riddled with mistakes and those who sanctioned the move had no competence to authorize the player's transfer."

The statement added: "Marseille once again states its determination to use all legal means possible to prove its rights."

Fifa spokesman John Schumacher said: "Once a case goes to CAS it's out of Fifa's hands and is no longer a matter for us to comment on."

The Lausanne-based CAS was set up 21 years ago to settle sports-related disputes.

Parties in a dispute normally sign a pre-hearing agreement that any decision made by the Court is final and binding on both.

Arsenal are not likely to lightly accept any ruling which involves returning Flamini to Marseille.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
they've got no chance, he is under contract to us, wait til Dein gets on the case, he will give these French upstarts a lesson. ;)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just hope it's ended before the busy fixtures kick back in again, otherwise we're so f**ked we should start ordering coke cans on bulk ;)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Marseille stay stubborn, Flamini could take the case to the European Court of Human Rights which will no doubt rule in his favour. Marseille can't stop him from earning a living and can't force him to play for them when he clearly has no desire to. They just want money and a couple of million (why not give them Cygan? ;)) most likely.

They really are being Jacko's about it.

·
63,337 Posts
they can't stop Flamini playing until it's all done and dusted, i am sure our legal boys will take care of it and Flamini will just concentrate on his game.

btw, how long is he injured for ? does anyonre know ?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jern Lizardhous said:
btw, how long is he injured for ? does anyonre know ?
I'm not sure actually, it's just a thigh complaint isn't it? Those usually take about three weeks to get over.

·
63,337 Posts
he should be back by next week then, we can rest poor Fabregas, i bet Fab can't believe how much he's played this year.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We could always play Edu if he's still around, but something tells me that won't happen ;)

·
63,337 Posts
hopefully Edu will be in Spain by then counting his £60,000 wages and dribbling over it. :boxing:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a shame that people can be influenced by money so much. Then again, who am I to say that? I'd probably do the same thing he did :pp

·
63,337 Posts
I dunno, after what Wenger has done for him i think he owes him a bit more, his head has got too big that's all, sad really because i don't think an extra £15,000 per week will compensate for the downturn his career is about to take. ;)

once they leave Wenger they lose 20% of their game. ;)

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
For Arsenal's sake, I hope he doesn't have to return, he's a very capable player and has turned out some solid performances.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
I really really wonder what Edu will tell to his 17 year old kid (when he has one),

'erm ...it was this frigging kid of your age which made me go for some other club, i was SO on a rise. I hate 17 year olds, I hate kids, I hate young potentials ..get outta ma face' :mad: :D

nEEbz

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Asked if the transfer could be annulled, he maintained: "I don't think so as they've already judged on a few other cases like that, but it could improve a bit the compensation that we have to pay.

"It could happen to us that a boy of 20 is out of contract and we can't stop him leaving. The court will never go against the desire of the player.

"This boy was free, we have nothing to hide. The first day I met him was just before the European Championship.

"He told me that his first priority was to stay at Marseille but he couldn't do so. I told him that if he couldn't find an agreement, then he should call me.

"When he called again, it was July 8 and he was in London as he'd broken relations with Marseille. He said he wanted to sign for an English club, so I said 'come and sign here'."

----

Sounds encouraging.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
ofcourse we need height, if you can get height, who will refuse it? just so long as you still agile and quick. height is welcomed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts