Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I'm really impressed with FB the past few games. Team is coming together quickly. I think that a win here would really turn our season around. A draw would be good as well. The important thing is not to loose to teams like this one who is on our level IMO. One of the reasons why I think that we belong in the CL is because we beat the teams in our group except for Marseille. If we beat them I think we can handle the tougher teams going forward.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always had a good feeling about Europe this year, don't know why.

The league on the other hand, not sure if we'll pull that off - just doesn't seem like we can get it done when it matters.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I've been seeing a consistent system developing with this team. The EsEs game looked incredible until the red, and continued to do so even considering we performed 10 men for 80% of it.

I don't know if Aykut is really moving towards something, but he refuses to compromise the over-all system for any player. I think he's really aiming to perfect a system that can work well despite missing players, and refuses to accept depending on any individual player. I'm excited to see us move forward, but this is a difficult away game so we'll see.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I've been seeing a consistent system developing with this team. The EsEs game looked incredible until the red, and continued to do so even considering we performed 10 men for 80% of it.

I don't know if Aykut is really moving towards something, but he refuses to compromise the over-all system for any player. I think he's really aiming to perfect a system that can work well despite missing players, and refuses to accept depending on any individual player. I'm excited to see us move forward, but this is a difficult away game so we'll see.
He has figures out the golden rule of managing in Turkey, the benevolent dictator model.

Nobody is above Kocaman and don't the players just know it.

Aykut gets a lot of stick and most of it he deserves but he has continued on his path undeterred, he doesn't take shit, drops players at a whim.

Also I like that he has brought in the Turkish language law. In the long run it's great for team unity, communication and understanding for everyone to understand the manager and speak the same language. Have to credit him for that.

He is a strange character but their may be some genius to his madness.

Really hope Fener get a draw or win here, would be huge!

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Egemen and Krasic might make the trip, but Bekir will probably still start. Also heard that Gignac, Valbuena and one of the Remy's might be out, but not sure about that.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Beat them French bastards! Can't stand anything that involves the French.

I do hate Fener for the way they treated Turkish football (sike and Aziz Yildirim), making Aykut relevant as a manager in world football (because he needn't be!), the UGLY ASS goal you scored against us (Elazig) and the treatment of Alex.....but I put all that on hold for European games. On Thursdays in the Europa....my heart yearns for Fener wins.

Beat these frogs and win us some coefficient points. Then I can go back to my healthy disdain of Fener on the weekend! :D :D

·
Registered
3,135 Posts

I do hate Fener for the way they treated Turkish football (sike and Aziz Yildirim), making Aykut relevant as a manager in world football (because he needn't be!), the UGLY ASS goal you scored against us (Elazig) and the treatment of Alex.....but I put all that on hold for European games. On Thursdays in the Europa....my heart yearns for Fener wins.

Beat these frogs and win us some coefficient points. Then I can go back to my healthy disdain of Fener on the weekend! :D :D
Fener could qualify even if they lose, ofcorse it would mean AEL drawing or winning but hey anything is possible

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Marseille's coach confirmed Valbuena, Loic Remy, Gignac and N'Koulou are all out tomorrow. Good chance for us with some key players missing. We should be able to get at least a draw and seal progression.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

Wonderful post :excited:

Good luck Fener! Away game and so it could be tough, any idea why so many key players are out? Injury?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts