Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Guillem Balague said that in Spain, the red card takes over the second yellow, so he will have a 1 match suspension, but then he will go back to having 4 yellow cards to his name. Which means he can play against Madrid. Hopefully, Rijkaard starts Iniesta against Betis, and keeps either Deco or Xavi on the bench unless we really need them.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
the red card takes over the second yellow, so he will have a 1 match suspension, but then he will go back to having 4 yellow cards to his name
This is true. Sometimes a red carries more than one game suspension, but that is only if the foul is deemed very dangerous or an aggression. in this case is neither so the above rule will apply.

Deco was looking for a yellow towards the end, but the ref wouldn't give it to him:D

The second yellow on Marquez was not a good call, Marquez slips and can't stop himself. Oh well.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Good to hear, we'll need him for the Madrid trip.

Although he shouldn't have gotten two yellows to begin with. Dumb ref. :yuck:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Oh, you scared me, I tought that Perez is going to buy Rafa

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
barça said:
This is true. Sometimes a red carries more than one game suspension, but that is only if the foul is deemed very dangerous or an aggression. in this case is neither so the above rule will apply.

Deco was looking for a yellow towards the end, but the ref wouldn't give it to him:D

The second yellow on Marquez was not a good call, Marquez slips and can't stop himself. Oh well.
:D:D

There were a couple of times where he just flat out clobbered some guy and looked at the ref, as if to say "Come on, DO it!" :D

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
zeifod2 said:
Oh, you scared me, I tought that Perez is going to buy Rafa
Haha! What--Perez investing in a non-"Galactico"? You must be losing your mind. :D Can't wait till we humiliate them on their own field in a fortnight.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Phew ... this thread-title made me very nervous when I first saw it ... you know, I'm still a burned child from the Figo-incident. ;) :D

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
agreed here as well...........i was wondering why will rafa be a target for perez ............not due to the quality but because of the profile

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Guillem Balague said that in Spain, the red card takes over the second yellow, so he will have a 1 match suspension, but then he will go back to having 4 yellow cards to his name. Which means he can play against Madrid. Hopefully, Rijkaard starts Iniesta against Betis, and keeps either Deco or Xavi on the bench unless we really need them.
This is the SKY guy... isn't it? He writes for AS too.

I had the same discussion with my father during the match. I think that he's right... I've never understood much that rule.

I'm happy that Deco didn't get the yellow card against Betis. This match is also very important and we can't miss Deco and Marquez in the same match.

Now, Xavi, Deco and Puyol have 4 yellow cards... so we better win 3-0 in the HT, so we can replace all 3... seems difficult though.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Koeman4 said:
This is the SKY guy... isn't it? He writes for AS too.

I had the same discussion with my father during the match. I think that he's right... I've never understood much that rule.

I'm happy that Deco didn't get the yellow card against Betis. This match is also very important and we can't miss Deco and Marquez in the same match.

Now, Xavi, Deco and Puyol have 4 yellow cards... so we better win 3-0 in the HT, so we can replace all 3... seems difficult though.
:thumbsup: :D

Guillem rocks. He's the only Espanyol fan you can actually respect! :D

3 dudes with 4 yellows? Man, the ref will be HUNTING them down looking for even a frown to dish out a booking. :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts