·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Bloody hell :(

Any news on Larsson's injury, if any?

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Well that's phucked up news to read! Damn it Roni#10 keep that kind of stuff to yourself :)

no seriously, now he'll miss CL and El classico. I dont wanna lose to Madrid in the Nou Camp !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
That sux.....**** this shit.....

I think Puyol should go out and get a yellow against Getafe, cos if he didn't, Santiago will make sure he gets it against Malaga.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I read an article on a bodybuilding site that the reason football players (and in our case especially) struggle alot with Hamstring injuries is through inproper training and building up an inbalance between the quad muscle and the hamstring.

Basically what happens is that they emphasise the Quad training primarily with squats like most athletes. However when it comes to the hamstrings they do curls.

Curls

The problem here is the range of motion in the curls isnt sport specific and isnt functional, this means when put in a real world situation although the muscle may be worked in the exercise the tendons havent actually been strengthened and can lead to injury when in use. What instead should be used is something like the following which emphasises the hamestring and because being a whole body movement increases functional strength.

Stiff Leg Deadlift, a better alternative

I wonder if this could be part of the reason why we are struggling with an influx of hamstring injuries :confused:

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Nice information. It's true, we are suffering too many of these injuries for it to be a coincidence. It seems that every match we have someone grabbing the hamstring.

The match against Benfica has me worried. They're going to come with everything. Altough that might be good, they open up more and we destroy them on the counter. Always stay positive guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :sob:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
That's terrible, the lack of good defensive individuals means that we need to put more emphasis on defence using our midfield. Maybe a formation like this;

------------------Valdes------------
--Belletti----Oleguer--Silvinho----Gio
------------------Motta------------
--------Deco--------------VB-----
---Larsson/Giuly--------------R10-
----------------Eto'o------------

I remember Silvinho played at CB at some occasion. Hopefully the injuries wont ruin our run in the CL

P.S. Marquez jinxed himself, he was saying how he feels that he is at the best shape of life!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Actually, why not test Rodri against Getafe? If he plays good, we should play with him against Benfica. He's been good with the B-team and I'd feel more secure with him in the middle than with Sylvinho or Motta.

Valdés
Belletti-Oleguer-Rodri-Sylvinho
van Bommel-Motta-Deco
Larsson-Eto'o-Ronaldinho

We tell Belletti not to go over our half, the same goes for Sylvinho and Motta. Make van Bommel stay a bit lower than usual, and let Deco play as usual. Then we can let LEM make magic happen.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Falastini said:
I remember Silvinho played at CB at some occasion. Hopefully the injuries wont ruin our run in the CL
I think he played as CB in some games at Celta Vigo. :googly: Still, it was a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hopefully Rijkaard will rest some of the key players next week against Malaga, we can't afford any other injury, it would be simply catastrpohic!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
we should play Rodri, if we just shuffle someone like Sylvinho/Belletti as CB what message does it give out to all the other youngsters in our team?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts