1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And now what? What do you prefer? There are 3 options:

1) Puyol-Marquez in defense and Albertini in the midfield

2) Puyol-Oleguer in defense and Albertini in the midfield

3) Puyol-Oleguer in defense and Marquez in the midfield.

I don't have a clear opinion about it. I don't feel very safe with Marquez in the back, last year Oleguer won the place, because Marquez sucked as center back. This season, when Marquez has played in defense, he had several mistakes (recall how Nihat always won him few weeks ago). So I rather go for Puyol and Oleguer in defense.

In the midfield, I have doubts too: Marquez vs Albertini... I'm not sure.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I agree Marquez is slow. But he also brings a very physical aspect to the game....

Its very hard to say what I prefer. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a Puyol-Marquez partnership. AAraarrrggghhhh I actually don't know!! We gotta trust Rijkaard I guess.

All I know is poor Oleguer, will he be benched???

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
we don't change a winnig team so i'd go with the 3rd option!! :stuckup:

marquez has been very good as DM this season so i don't want him to return to his CB position(even if i have my doubts about oleguer)

anyway,albertini would be a good back-up for marquez or oleguer and will give us more possibilities in the midfield :thumbsup:

BTW k4 marquez sucked as centre back not as a full back!! :D ;)

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
havent been trusting oleguer for some reason... he's a good marker but he does tend to get edgy and clears away when he can just build up easily. i also noticed he was unmasked by Guayre who really outclassed him against villareal...

i dont know though but i disagree with "fc barcelona" about changing a winning team... we have been wining true but our defense has been masked by our possession football midfield style of play.. i believe that if were attacked more and more we cuold crack... so i stick to the plan of incorporating marquez to the defense line an sorry for oleguer to lose the first team place... he's done alright

·
Registered
151 Posts
I closer on the number one. :smileani:

·
Registered
546 Posts
id go with #3 as long as barca are winning, but if we lose anytime soon, then maybe rijkaard should experiment a bit.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
no need to change now. Oleguer-Puyol in defence is very safe. Puyol is leading the defence and Oleguer is pushed up level with Puyol. Marquez is good in midfield, let's him follow like this. Albertini, will have his opportunities later no matter.

The main fact is we have available different players for different positions no ? ;)

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
I would go with number 3, like what other members said "Dont change a winning team". I guess Albertini would be a good back up also for Deco and Xavi those two players dont take alot of rest specially Xavi. We need someone to replace Xavi and Deco if anything happens, forget about Iniesta at the moment. I think he is not doing well at the moment because Rijkaard keeps on playing him in different positions.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
i'd definitely go with the 3rd option. Marquez in midfield offers us more defensive stability and giving Oleguer a starting spot would give him the chance to silence all the Oleguerhaters :). Marquez also brings some heigth to our game which is good because we don't have a lot of good headers.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Stygmata said:
and giving Oleguer a starting spot would give him the chance to silence all the Oleguerhaters :)
Or give us a chance to bash him even more, which is the most likely option :angel:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Don't feel safe AT ALL with Oleguer back there, but I think it's the most "secure" option since Albertini has just arrived and Oleguer has more experience playing within the current system. I'd like to see Oleguer improve, but so far, he hasn't shown me much to get excited about. Give Albertini a few appearances and depending on how he does, my opinion may change.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Or give us a chance to bash him even more, which is the most likely option :angel:
you should nevertheless ALWAYS support EVERY player that's on the pitch for your club. He's fighting for your colours. Oleguer is a relatively young player and we all know they tend to decrease in form every now and then. Let's see how he has done at the end of this season ok?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Option 3. It is a tested combinatin and is doing well (though Oleguer might not be that convincing.) Albertini should be play for Marquez if Marquez doesnt play.
Anyways Marquez is also quite slow and it is hard to see him do much much better than Oleguer at that position, so he should continue playing as a DM where he has adjusted well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts