Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Van Bommell

According to ITV Sport, Van Bommell was at the Arsenal training ground for a medical, ahead of his switch from PSV, also Hofland is on his way for next season. Great news if it's true

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thats great
but when did this happen?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It is true Arsenal and PSV have agreed on £23 million for both Hofland and Van Bommel, which would be two great buys!:D
Although I don't think Van Bommel was having his medical today, I think it will be two weeks before they both officially sign for us!:cool:
The only bad thing is Parlour WILL move to Leeds if Liverpool sign Bowyer and we sign Van Bommel.
We may also buy Hidetoshi Nakata to build a great squad. He is worth £8 million and if we sign him we would definately get that money back through the Japanese media and merchandise etc...
Both the Japanese, Italian and English press say that Wenger is very interested in signing Nakata who has been placed on the transfer list.

This is who I think we will sign before the start of next season;

1. Van Bommel
2. Hofland
3. Nakata
4. Cech
5. Agahowa, though I hope it will be Cisse!

Sell or leave;

1. Grimandi
2. Luzhny
3. Stepanovs
4. Parlour:depress:
5. Kanu
6. Dixon (retired)
7. Adams (retired)
8. Keown (possibly?)

First team next season;

-----------Wright/Cech
Lauren---Hofland---Campbell---Cole
Freddie--V.Bommel--Vieira---Pires
-------Henry---Agahowa/Cisse

Subs; Wright/Cech, Upson, Keown, GvB, Nakata, Wiltord, Ali, Pennant, Jeffers

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I always say - never believe anything until you see it with your own minces...

I heard it was a joint £24m deal with Hofland as well anyway :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
with all this talk of van bommel/nakat i really feel sorry for edu:depress:
the man was,in my opinion, our best player against the scum at highbury and manure on that glorious evening at prawnland:)
he's scored more goals in 3 months than vieira did all season:eek: , he sets up goals(henry's v everton) and tackles bloody well for a brazilian.
think how he feels now ' christ i played well last season, oh look arsenal are buying a player to play in my position' if that isnt a kick in the bollocks i dont know what is.
everyone seems tohave forgotten about van bronkhorst aswell:rolleyes: :(
all we need is a centre half(hoffland prob) and a striker ( i would like eto'o of cameroon, but it looks like he's off to the scum:eek: )

·
Registered
452 Posts
I heard that PSV has denied the story. But, some newspapers have reported that Bommel was in London last weekend.
I believe that rumors are usually true. :) :) :)

If thats the case then Van BOmmerl is almost Arsenal player.

But still, I heard nothing about Hofland.
Anyway, where did you guys get that story???

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I dont think we need Nakata at all.

Last summer I quite liked the idea, but I really think we already have everything he can offer us, with the emergence of Edu a big factor there.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Good signings - but Nakata is not really necessary if Parma are holding out for the £16.5m that they paid for him. If they drop the price to £12m, then I'd buy him, almost for the merchandising alone. About 30% of all club shirts last season in Japan were Parma shirts - and that's all due to Nakata!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
WE WON'T BE BUYING MORE THAN ONE MIDFIELDER!!! It's our strongest position!!!! Edu is getting so good!!!! van Bommel will be good, but we don't need Nakata!!! Waste of money!!! I don't want a RB either, otherwise Lauren won't get to play either!!!! We need Hofland, maybe a striker and van Bommel. AND NOT A NEW KEEPER!!!!!
----------------Wright
Lauren---Hofland---Campbell---Cole
Freddie--V.Bommel/Edu--Vieira---Pires
-------Henry---------Cisse

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
hofland and van bommel are great for you, thats what you need.

Nakata wont come if Van Bommel has signed.

a striker next and you are set for next season.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Dont be happy too soon guys.
He has not signed it yet. If he has, there must be some news about it from www.arsenal.com

I dont think we need another striker. We have 4 brilliant strikers, and they are not very happy about rotation policy. Kanu might leave, but there are still 4 strikers to rotate.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
seaman gonna retire or stay???

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i luv the idea of hofland and bommal.
yes and edu it is a said story now:depress:
if bomall comes, no need for nakata.

WE DO NOT NEED CECH!!!
seaman is staying

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don`t think Wenger should buy both Nakata and Van Bommel, He should go for one of them (Van Bommel is my favourite, No doubt). We got too many midfieders already because I would like to see both Pennant and Sidwell or Noble be given a fair chance this seasone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
im sorry guys but have you all forgot van bronkhorst??? (apart from pires 7:) )

This was the man who kept edu out of the squad before his injury, I fail to see the point in spending so much on van bommel after spending about 7 odd million on gio.

It looks like we have all sold out on gio. if wenger spent so much on the man, he must rate him.

viera
pires
gio
parlour
ljungberg
pennant
lauren?? wants the midfield job back
wiltord (not getting any chances up front but has done well on the side when needed).
edu

so if you would all like to see nakata and (or) van bommel come to the club, who will lose out.........

too may cooks is the phrase which comes to my mind

·
Registered
886 Posts
It seems like Inamoto will leave. I`ve just read on teamtalk that Wenger said: Inamoto is close to being a top class player but thieirs a lot of competition in that position.

I think it`s important that we don`t have such a big squard that Wenger rest players who don`t need to be rested. Players needs a few games if they gonna reach thieir form and I really don`t want to see us doing the same misstake as Gullit and Viali did at Chelsea.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
personally i rather nakata
but thats me

yes it is true we have to many mids
but wenger said that he needs to find "replacements" for the injured GVB and pires who cant start the next season

1 - 20 of 35 Posts