Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHELSEA midfielder Mario Stanic is being tipped for a summer return to Parma, according to reports emanating from Italy.

Stanic spent three-and-a-half seasons at Ennio Tardini before moving to Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2000 for £5.6 million.

The Croatian suffered an interrupted first campaign in The Premiership through injury, and though he has featured regularly this term, he has shown flashes of indiscipline in collecting ten bookings.

His versatility has proved a bonus for Blues boss Claudio Ranieri as he can play on either flank and has also filled in at full back in the Italian's tactical reshuffling.

However, Parma are believed to be ready to launch a €7 million (£4.3 million) to prise him away from the capital and test Ranieri's resolve.

Stanic, though, will be concerned at Parma's current precarious position in Serie A as they are a solitary point outside the relegation zone and the 30-year-old is unlikely to countenance plying his trade below the top flight.

Meanwhile, Parma have been rebuffed in their efforts to snare Rangers striker Tore Andre Flo.

Parma offered the Ibrox outfit £8 million which is reported to have been accepted by Gers boss Alex McLeish but the Norwegian marksman spurned the transfer.

With Marco di Vaio inching closer towards a summer exit from Ennio Tardini, Parma are eager to recruit a new striker.

------------------------------------------------

I remember Stanic with fondness so I don't want to see him back in case he would ruin those memories...

As for the striker stuff. What can you say? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
VERDI said:

I remember Stanic with fondness so I don't want to see him back in case he would ruin those memories...

That´s mostly the problem, when players return to a club!
They can´t fullfil the hopes of the fans, who remember the old times, and mostly the players are too old...

Does anyone know a sucessful return of a player?

I would say Effenberg to Bayern, or Wilmots to Schalke...

Bad examples are Simone to Milan or ...?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I don't want to see Stanic back, we have better players at the moment. As the striker problem, I don't want Di Vaio to leave but if he does Flo is not the answer. I don't know of there values now, but Emile Mpenza or Jardel I would see as ideal signings.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Come on, thats gotta be imaginations. Stanic is gone and thats it. I loved him when he played for us and I still like him and remember him with every positive memory, but we just don't need him anymore. We're building a young team...

As for Flo, well, if we were stupid enough to try and buy him, thank you Tore Andre for rejecting us!

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
We don`t need stanic.......what we need is a young player to replace marco if he leaves....I would love to se Cisse....

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Ah, for craps sake, why won't we just buy Aghahowa and play counterattack . It doesn't have to be harder then that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Despite the fact that I'm a Stanic fan, no, I don't want him to come back. :sigh: Don't ruin my good memories for SuperMario, please...

Guys, just be honest: is Di Vaio really leaving?! :confused: Or again it's just some speculations from the media, as we're doing bad?!

Bona, Sükür and the youngsters just don't seem to be good enough... or have we decided and are preparing to be staying in Serie B for several years?! :scream:

:depress:

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Disregard it: just a rumour.:eek:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
cannavaro77 said:
I think we need a new striker even if we keep Di Vaio.
Of course! We have only 3 strikers!(IMO you can´t count the ever injured Grieco) Other clubs have 6 or 7, ok the play in CL, but...
we do need another who can compete with Bonna and Sukur for the second spot near Di Vaio!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts