Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of Mario Puzo's book. I certainly liked the Godfather, but in nearly all his books he mentions the Borgias, i was not too impressed by the Borgia books

My favourtie Puzo's

The Sicilian
The Godfather
The Last Don

Questionable books

Omerta
The Family

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am yet to read

The Dark Arena
The Fortunate Pilgrim
Fools die
Fourth K

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
001 said:
What does everyone think of Mario Puzo's book. I certainly liked the Godfather, but in nearly all his books he mentions the Borgias, i was not too impressed by the Borgia books

My favourtie Puzo's

The Sicilian
The Godfather
The Last Don

Questionable books

Omerta
The Family
I like Omerta...in fact it is one of my favourites...:)

I haven't read The Sicilian or The Family...I'll have to get reading again...haven't picked up a book for a year now...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The Godfather was perhaps the best book I have ever read thus far (I have only read 7 books though. :dielaugh:) and it brings so much more compared to the movie. No, I am not talking about the Johnny Fontane part but about the feelings of the characters that are the actors are not able to portray completely or the directors unable to include in the movie. A must read, especially if you enjoy the movie. The only downside for me is the story about Johnny Fontane & Lucy Mancini, which I found as a complete bore.

The Sicilian was not too bad. The downside for me was that there were too many descriptions of Sicilian sceneries. Also, possible SPOILER here...

It was supposed to be a story about Michael Corleone's destiny getting tangled up with that of Salvatore Guiliano's. But the 2 didn't even meet! :wallbang: I was so disappointed to find that out but the way Puzo made up for it, althought not fully, by writing a good ending, IMO.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Going on my (vague) memory, I believe I found The Sicilian to be a better book than The Godfather, when I read 'em tons of years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts