Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bolton Wanderers have agreed to loan Brazilian striker Mario Jardel to Serie A's bottom side Ancona for the rest of the season.

The former Sporting Lisbon and Galatasaray star has failed to make the expected impact at the Reebok Stadium since joining the Trotters in the summer, and hasn't started a single Premiership game.

Wanderers recently signed Atletico Madrid striker Javi Moreno on loan, paving the way for Jardel's exit, although the club elected to reject an earlier offer from Spanish side Espanyol.

Ancona are still to win a league game this season and have already signed Corrado Grabbi from Blackburn and Luciano Zavagno from Derby during the transfer window.
I know that Jardel before problems and this Jardel are 2 different football players BUT... I think he hasn't forgotten how to score. When I watch Ancona' highlights I always think that if they had a good finisher they would be higher than they are. They always have a couple of chances. Jardel is just a player who is able to finish it all. The question is- How good is his form? There was some reason why he didn't play in Bolton. No game there. We'll see but at least it's an interesting move by Ancona. Btw don't they have too many strikers at the moment?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Märco said:
Bolton Wanderers have agreed to loan Brazilian striker Mario Jardel to Serie A's bottom side Ancona for the rest of the season.

The former Sporting Lisbon and Galatasaray star has failed to make the expected impact at the Reebok Stadium since joining the Trotters in the summer, and hasn't started a single Premiership game.

Wanderers recently signed Atletico Madrid striker Javi Moreno on loan, paving the way for Jardel's exit, although the club elected to reject an earlier offer from Spanish side Espanyol.

Ancona are still to win a league game this season and have already signed Corrado Grabbi from Blackburn and Luciano Zavagno from Derby during the transfer window.
I know that Jardel before problems and this Jardel are 2 different football players BUT... I think he hasn't forgotten how to score. When I watch Ancona' highlights I always think that if they had a good finisher they would be higher than they are. They always have a couple of chances. Jardel is just a player who is able to finish it all. The question is- How good is his form? There was some reason why he didn't play in Bolton. No game there. We'll see but at least it's an interesting move by Ancona. Btw don't they have too many strikers at the moment?
He didn't play at Bolton because he is slow...and when he first came to the club he was a fat bastard and he remains over-weight now still...though a Mediterranean diet could help him now that he is at Ancona. When he was at Bolton I think he was on the Atkins diet. (no carbohydrates so it hurt his fitness etc)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even in his 'golden ages' with Porto, Galatasaray and Sporting he was a slow (outside the penalty) useless fat pig. His value was always ONLY an incredible goalscoring instinct and goalscoring ability.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Mario Jardel at Ancona? Formidable! :)

Chiesa and Flo at Siena, Baggio and Di Biagio at Brescia, Rapaic and now Jardel at Ancona. Little by little, the small Italian clubs playing in the topflight are catching up in terms of reknown players their English counterparts, which most likely further improves the competitivity of Serie A and its image abroad.

Ciao.

·
Registered
69,003 Posts
Ancona have recently signed three former EPL players, Jardel from Bolton, Grabbi from Blackburn and Zavagno from Derby. Ancona on papaer have a great squad but they still have a long way to go to survive in Serie A.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Ancona .... stupid team:mad:
They bought Mads Jorgensen this summer for ruin his carrer( ...only stand for him!:mad: )

...Now they want buy also Dino Baggio....
Yesterday i saw Jardel,seems a bit fat :rolleyes: .... Ancona is a nice team,they play not so bad,but like my team,noone score...now we will se if with Grabbi and Jardel something will change ...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Jardel is a big name but nothing more

Id rather someone like Caracciolo upfront, someone I know who will work 100% for himself and the team and he also has a bit of quality!!!

Jardel hs some quality but he will work about 25% and is very lazy!!!

All these big names arent that great anyway :rolleyes: Id rather some players who are very good but not heard outside of Italy in my team instead of over-rated and over-paid useless players, unless they are truly very good players of course!!!!

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Well, one of my arguments vs Doc, Bastin and other English supporters when they say that EPL is better than serie A has always been that it is not true that the small/average clubs have big players... they simply have big names. So I don't think that getting players who have been rejected by EPL is better than getting youngsters in serie C. Indeed, I think the contrary: it's better to get youngsters in serie C.
Ancona will get relegated cause they just buy players... there is not a program, there is not organization, they just buy everything they find on the market without spending.
Empoli won at San Siro with Tavano and Rocchi. Nobody knows them, yet, Tavano dribbled Brechet, a player much more known than him, like Pelè would dribble me.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
DerbyCounty said:
Ancona have recently signed three former EPL players, Jardel from Bolton, Grabbi from Blackburn and Zavagno from Derby. Ancona on papaer have a great squad but they still have a long way to go to survive in Serie A.
Great! i didn't know that. Do you know if Balaban joined Empoli?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deano said:
All these big names arent that great anyway :rolleyes: Id rather some players who are very good but not heard outside of Italy in my team instead of over-rated and over-paid useless players, unless they are truly very good players of course!!!!
Oh yes, that also my point. Quantity over quality in Ancona nowadays.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Jardel is the man!!!:howler:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
His first game in Italy give the guy a break,He can have some Impact on Ancona.Ancona could do with anyone right now.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Schumy said:
His first game in Italy give the guy a break,He can have some Impact on Ancona.Ancona could do with anyone right now.
Which is exactly why they get anyone...:howler:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Steph! said:
Mario Jardel at Ancona? Formidable! :)

Chiesa and Flo at Siena, Baggio and Di Biagio at Brescia, Rapaic and now Jardel at Ancona. Little by little, the small Italian clubs playing in the topflight are catching up in terms of reknown players their English counterparts, which most likely further improves the competitivity of Serie A and its image abroad.

Ciao.
heehee...sorry mate, but I have to laugh. Jardel wasn't good enough for the Premier League, so he'd gone to Serie A. Ravanelli, who also wasn't good enough for the Premier League, has also gone back to Serie A. How does this improve the competitiveness of the smaller teams in Serie A:confused:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ravanelli not good enough for EPL??? His last year with them in EPL was with Derby and he scored roughly 10 goals, ok doesnt sound great but I assure you its not a bad record for a team who created roughly 0.5 chances a match :eek:

Anyway Jardel is crap, ignore that post, it is clear that big names are not great players, just look at the EPL for that!!!

Id rather the smaller teams just play players like Taddei, Jankulovski or Santana etc. who are classy players and somewhat unknown to others!!!! Of course when you can get big names such as Chiesa then fine, or even Samo might get Montella... because these are good players, but Jardel, RQ Junior or whatever are there for their pay day and arent that good anyway!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts