Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with Enzo Maresca? Have coaches got something against him becaue he never gets chosen although most would agree that he is a rising star.
Lippi barely used him at Juve and now for the NT, while Capello got rid of him. Does anyone know why, or is it that he is simply not good enough?

·
6,645 Posts
Frank said:
is it that he is simply not good enough?
Bang on target.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Lippi in charge won't help either though. I have a feeling that Miccoli could score 30 goals next season and still be overlooked when it matters :neutral:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Jonas said:
Bang on target.
ummm, compared to others in the NT, i dont think that is the reason.

Maresca is a good player, he isnt the best going around, but IMO he has something to offer Italy.

I believe he must have the wrong mentality or attitude within a playing group. He has the ability the be a very good midfielder.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Maresca is maybe not the star everybody thought he would be...

What happened to that other player who was so good for Bologna a few seasons ago and then crashed at Parma? I seriously can't remember his name. B something?

Edit: Brighi

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I agree, but I doubt that the fans of Maresca will surrender.
why should they Toni, when some of the midfielders that Trap and Lippi have selected aren't even footballers :wallbang: ;)

i know it would be an outrage to see a bit of creativity in our midfield, but i'm honestly over the standard Zanetti/Perrotta, Zanetti/Gattuso, Blasi/Gattuso style crap that Italian NT managers are so fond of fielding at major tournaments :yuck:

·
6,645 Posts
I had high hopes on Maresca this season. He's been a dissapointment really, plus he's always injuried. Like someone said, I think he's got an attitude problem.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
WHY, WHY must people always consider the same players for the NT? It's always Maresca bla bla bla. For feck sake there are other players around.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Yeah lets look at Olive :rolleyes: :D

There are others around but only a certain amount are actually good enough to wear the blue of Italy. So playing experimental friendlies and fielding half a dozen mid-table players is a no-no as well.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
agreed, so you see my point.

Although Materazzi is about as good as we are getting at the moment. Bovo is re-entering form alongside the experienced Cardone. Falcone now injured, but them 3 maybe deserve to play for Italy, but apart from this....

·
Registered
46,395 Posts
Deano said:
AMaterazzi is about as good as we are getting at the moment.
Mmm... I think that this is just a wrong belief. I doubt that many Italian defenders of serie A could do the desasters Materazzi did with the shirt of Azzurri.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think if they play 20 games for the azzurri they could do 2 or 3 mistakes. In 1 off games then maybe not. Right now it is true I would not call Materazzi. With Falcone injured I would call 2 out of Bovo, Barzagli, Castellini, Cardone and Gamberini depending on form by June.

·
Registered
17,558 Posts
Yes, let's state Maresca is not good enough and continue to have the likes of Blasi, Perrotta, C.Zanetti welcomed to the Italian NT as the way forward.

What perspective.

·
Registered
287 Posts
C.zanetti and Perrotta seem to be no longer part of the NT. As for Maresca what has he done to deserve a call up? It's disappointing season after disappointing season for him. Yes he's has very good technically but there's more to football than having good techcnical abiltities. And it seems that some of you guys don't get it! You guy's need to stop bringing this guy up.Other than an occational flash of great skill or nice goal, Maresca normally has no impact on a game. He's defencive game is not that good, he seem's to disappear in games and don't think he quick enough. And over all not a smart footballer mentally.

·
Registered
17,558 Posts
Disappointing season after disappointing season? What an exaggeration. Last season with Juve he was one of our best perfromers despite limited appearances and before that his stints at both Bologna and Piacenza were considered successful.

Now all of a sudden with an injury-plagued season at an underperforming Fiorentina, he was never a good player to begin with?

Sheep.

·
6,645 Posts
If the guy can't make it happen even against his old team Juventus he's definitley a dissapointment.

·
Registered
287 Posts
First of all I have been a critic of Maresca's before he went to fiorentina. Secondly Maresca was one of the best player's at Juve last season? Why would Juve give away one of there best performing player's who was only 24 year's old at the time and has had so much success in his career? And he's played in 17 matches this season more then half of the season.
And I'm the one exaggerating? Baaaaaa!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts