Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enzo Maresca has signed for Piacenza in a co-ownership deal, it was confirmed this evening.

The Juventus creative midfielder will spend next season at the Stadio Garilli, but the Turin side retains the option to take back the rest of his contract in June 2003.

22-year-old Maresca has not found much space at Juve this year, although he became a fan favourite after scoring the last minute equaliser against rivals Torino in the derby.

The midfielder also missed out on the Under-21 European Championships in May due to an injury.

Bologna had also been tracking the former West Bromwich Albion starlet, but were beaten to the post by Piacenza.

The club, now Coached by former Ternana man Andrea Agostinelli, made the buy just one day before opening their season ticket sales.

------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck next year Enzo!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
You forgot to put the source...
Anyway, I guess is true :( good luck Enzo;)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Ok, its in the Oficial web...
Also in the oficial web says that Frara has been loan out to Bologna and that M. Vieri has been also loan out to Como.
Gasbarroni also has been loan out but to Sampdoria

·
Registered
461 Posts
i think it will be good for him...he needs to play and with juve he doesn't get a really good opportunity...good luck

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In other loan news (actually this is quite old, so you may already know) Vincent Pericard had joined English Division 1 side Portsmouth for a year.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I don't like it. We need a decent midfield and we loan out Maresca, Davids will probably leave, Brighi could be in a swap deal with Cannavaro, ... We'll have no midfield left!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Well, that's my point. i thought/hoped that for the next season we'll get a decent midfield. :depress:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand the frustration regarding midfield re-inforcements, but there's a while yet til the new season. I really can't believe we'll sell/loan players without buying other players.

I believe we are about to sign Eriberto from Chievo, but whether he'll stay or be a make weight in any deal for Nesta is another thing.

N

·
0 Posts
I will reserve judgement on Maresca's loan. Just hope Moggi has his perennial card up his sleeve.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
We must make new transfers, it's simply urgent.
Who do we have now in the midfiel?
Nedved
Tacchinardi
Brighi
Baiocco
Davids
Zambrotta(injured)
Conte(old)

who else?...

It's high time to make some transfers!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'll remove Davids from taht list coz he is practily out... one less:depress:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Todays roumours said that Moggi is willing to sacrifice Tachinardi to get Nesta :eek:

Our midfield line is getting smaller and smaller...

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe once we've finished chasing over-priced defenders, Moggi will turn his attention to the issue of our midfield.

So far we know this:

Davids will leave for Roma

Zambotta is out for at least 3 months.

Maresca has gone to Piacenza in a co-ownership deal fo 1 year.

We have signed Baiocco.

Plus there are rumours regarding Tacchinardi and Brighi leaving.

.......I'm worried, or at least I will be soon.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I still hope that Mr.Moggi knows what he is doing. They told that our targes was going to be a CL trophy.
Having such porr midfield it will be nothing but a simple dream.
...Whatever,
Forza Juventus!:cool:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Maresca: Move will improve me Wednesday 3 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enzo Maresca says he has joined Piacenza from Juve in a bid to improve himself as a player.

The former Under-21 international has signed on loan for the Stadio Garilli side after failing to break into the Juventus first team on a regular basis last term.

"I¡¦m fascinated by this new adventure," said the former West Bromwich Albion player.

"Piacenza are a side that I really like because of their ¡¥made in Italy¡¦ philosophy. I¡¦m here to improve and return to Juventus as a protagonist."

The midfielder is highly rated in the Italian game and has already spent a season on loan at Bologna two years ago.

But his return to the Delle Alpi was not easy and despite scoring a famous late equaliser in the 2-2 derby draw with Torino, he rarely featured.

Maresca, who missed this summer¡¦s European U-21 Championships with injury, also denied talk that he was set to sign for Atalanta earlier this summer.

"There was absolutely no contact with the Nerazzurri at all," he concluded.

channel4 ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts