Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maresca in injury blow Wednesday 25 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is mixed news for Juventus today. Their youth team has won the Viareggio tournament but Enzo Maresca is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

The midfielder picked up a back injury in the 1-0 win at Bologna and tests have today confirmed he could be out for as long as 40 days.

Juve had believed that the problem wasn’t too serious and he was even included in the squad for tonight’s Deportivo clash.

However, the former Under-21 international had to withdraw from the Champions’ League tie as there were no signs of improvement.

The loss of Maresca will be a big blow to boss Marcello Lippi given the fact that he was one of the side’s most in-form players.

Meanwhile, the Primavera side have won the prestigious Viareggio youth team tournament on Thursday.

The young Bianconeri beat Empoli 3-0 in a replay after Monday’s first game ended in a 3-3 draw.

Goals from Chiumiento, Konko and a Palladino penalty ensured Juve repeated last season’s success to lift their fourth Coppa Carnevale.

:depress:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Disaster.

Midfielders available for selection: Nedved, Camo, Tacchi, Appiah, Conte... and... and... no one.

Our squad that looked so deep prior to the season has been decimated beyond the reasonable, and a long injury to our most in form player was definately the last thing we needed.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
This is the last thing we need, we have alot of games coming up in March. I hope we can recover him sooner. :(

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Someone on another forum has posted one of his vertebrae is cracked. :eek:

Remembering the time it happened, its not surprising. His back went hard into the knee cap of the Bologna player.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Put Thuram in the center, Zambro back left, and put Camo in the mid for the return match,Biri right back.Play Legro against Ancona, use a fresh Ferrara next to Thuram in the center. ..I think you can still do it.

Bench DP, Start Micco.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
and its official, we are fuked!!!!

nevermind, we only have the return leg, milan, lazio and a few others without him...we'll be fine:rollani:

so whats that, our only two midfielders who could give us something are injured, or on loan now.

At least we know Appiah might get a string of games to find his form. that is of course if Lippi doesnt field Conte instead.:depress:

·
Registered
600 Posts
From the games I saw, at least the latest ones, Appiah was even worse than Conte. Watching him pass the ball to his teammates was nightmares.

We just won the Viareggio cup. We apparently got young talents!!! OMG! How's that. :rolleyes:
I was going to say why not try them out, but seeing how hard it was for Mico and Enzo just to get a game, well...

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I didn't know he was out for 40 days. It's horrible!

If we want to increase our creativity we shall open new courses "how to pass" and invite Appiah, Tacchinardi and some other players to be educated.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I was actually surprised that he came back on the field after taking that knock. It was obvious from his body language (he was clutching his back, had his face up and screaming in agony) that he had sustained a bad knock.

Yep and Trez is out for approx a period of three weeks....it just get's better and better...:depress:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Trez didn't do anything good lately. Maybe now he'll sit back and think how to improve. Or maybe he'll consider changing his job to a basketball player...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Juventini, Trez is our only goal scorer...Del Piero and Di Vaio have two left feets and Miccoli tries to over do things at times rather than take the simple option.

If we want to win one of the big two trophies (CL/ Scudetto), Trez is a must.

We have gone over this issue so many times..I don't want to repeat myself. If you insist on reading our opinions on Trez, I suggest you find Polaris's "Trez Debate" Thread.

To put it simply as Polaris mentioned above.....Trez has been recieving absolutley f'all service.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I don't know if he doesn't get passes...
He just look like he doesn't know what to do with the ball.
It's sad, because I remember what a great scorer he used to be.
But you are right. Let's not open this issue again.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
From juventus.com:
After the excellent performance of Primavera team at Torneo di Viareggio, young players Mirante, Boudianski,
Palladino and Chiumiento will join Serie A team in occasion of the encounter with Ancona, next Sunday.

Interesting, isn't it?

I don't believe Lippi will line them...but who knows when we have very few options?...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts