Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...has taken his ball home again.

but it's ok for you and your mates to prattle on endlessly about ****ing Ice Hockey

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn't call americans terroists, i was attacking the american government. try reading the post next time. In a democracy you're supposidly allowed to criticize the government, although this human right will soon be taken away. "the land of the free".

Anyway get your story straight, if it was for political grounds why didn't you say so at first instead of the BS about it not being about football. You remind me of the ref in the juve match.

·
International
5,629 Posts
PLEASE...there are three things that should not be discussed amongst friends....POLITICS, RELIGION, and FOOTBALL.

Well we discuss football, let's not cause more of a mess by discussing the other two. :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>World Bank = United Nations = American Govt = world military/economic colonialism/terrorism.

The American Govt has murdered more people unlawfully than every terrorist organisation in the history of the world.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

[This message has been edited by Marcoa (edited 05-06-2000).]

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
What are you guys talking about?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
IS Santamaria honestly trying to claim that the UN/US bombed Yogoslavia to set up construction contracts? That is the dumbest thing I've heard! I don't care where you read such crap. It's a ****ing joke and totally irrelevant. What the hell does that have to do with biased announcers?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The war was instigated because the Yugo's wouldn't play ball with the UN. The UN is effectively the instrument America uses to institute it's foreign policy. Any regime that does not do as America says will generally get the **** bombed out of it. It is just an added benefit that any "aid" (which usually takes the form of loans) is tied to contractors specified by the donors.

The vast majority of 3rd world aid is tied to contractors from the donor country (or their allies).

Britain and Germany did as America said by supporting them in the UN, and they will be rewarded economically.

Marco, can you see the difference between a country's government and it's people. I'm sure you can but your posts suggest otherwise.

Daeone, you appear to be a classic case of a "controlled" citizen, the model every government likes. You don't believe anything that doesn't fit your cosy view of the status quo and the accepted view of "how things are" as told to you by your government.
There was a song written for this type - "Television, the drug of the nation".
As Bill Hicks said - "people you are free, you are free to watch 57 channels of american gladiators. please go back to your homes."
please question everything you are told and form your own opinion. If only you questioned the governments "messages" as strictly as you do any alternative viewpoint.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Yes Santmaria, I do see it. In fact I have always believed that the American govn't is the worlds largest "mafia" HOWEVER this is neither the time nor the place to discuss this. YOu had a wonderful debate with Ola on British announcers, by all means continue it by talking about American (which would be futile because Ola is not American) or Canadian (which would apply to Ola).
I see everything you are trying to say Santamaria, I don't doubt you (except for the yugo scenario) and if you noticed, my last post on the announcer debate was
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>we are talking about football commentary..not world politics.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

meaning that world politics have no space here. If you want to talk about that...go to the "AWAY FROM SOCCER" forum. There I would be glad to banter with you on and on and on.

;)

peace out

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
International
5,629 Posts
Oh we have a left wing revolutionary who believes in the right wing conspiracy to take over the world and make everyone outside America an economic slave! blah, blah, blah,....boring.

BTW did you guys know that Our Lady of Fatima's third secret to the children was that Sporting would win the National Championship this year with the aid of the Pope??

Oh no, now I got religion involved....please put an end to this mindless political dribble.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Oh cram it, Santa. You know nothing about me. There's a difference between being politically conscious and a paranoid conspiracy buff. The Serbs got bombed because they were wiping out other ethnic groups. I hope you're not trying to support that.

The U.S. does serve it's own interests (like any other country). The Iraqi conflict is the "war" that the U.S. really used for economic gain. That war was about oil pure and simple. It had nothing to do with human rights like they tried to claim. The Yugoslavia conflict really has more to do with political stability and a dash of human rights.

Whatever the case, you trying to claim that teh American Government is a terrorist oganization is ridiculous. The U.S. government is self serving and wants a peice of every pie. The problem is that every country is like this. To believe that some government actually cares for other nations without thought of their own gain is naive. The last three hundred years of British history proves this point. They were the master exploiters. America exploits in a less obvious manner, but exploits none the less. The difference between the U.S. and other nations (Portugal, Mexico, France etc..) is the U.S has the power to feed it's own interests.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.